• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act?!

Oh for cryin out loud...

Whats this supposed to accomplish?

I keep hearing how the media keeps stressing how the CO shooter had 6000 rounds of ammo. So what do they know how freaking heavy that is?

I've gone through over 2000 rounds in 4 months. Why? Because I hit the range a lot because I enjoy shooting and getting better at hitting targets. I buy bulk online because it saves me money per round.

I will be super pissed if this doesn't get eliminated!

Water Monkey said:
I keep hearing how the media keeps stressing how the CO shooter had 6000 rounds of ammo.

OK, here is something I have wondered about.

The media keeps saying he had 6k rounds of ammo at his residence.

And they also said his 3rd story apt (with only 1 way to get into) was rigged to blow when the door opened.

So, exactly how was this pyscopath going to retrieve/utilize those 6k rounds of ammo the media keep saying he had?

I think a lot of the "facts" they keep spewing were outright lies because their "facts" just don't add up.

Well, I showed this new revelation to the wife. She said that we probably ought to go ahead and order some now, before it really becomes an issue. So, life is good. :lol: Take care. Tom Worthington.

I don't want this to pass just on principle, but do you guys really buy much ammo online? Where are the good deals? Normally, I just find the same prices that I find at my local gun store (Larry's Pistol and Pawn)

honkey said:
I don't want this to pass just on principle, but do you guys really buy much ammo online? Where are the good deals? Normally, I just find the same prices that I find at my local gun store (Larry's Pistol and Pawn)

95% of my ammo is from online sales. sgammo is just one of the great places to find ammo at a much lower cost than a LGS. I would like to support my LGS's as much as possible but when I can save big $$ and have it delivered to my door instead of driving around town then online it is for me. I think 6000 is a low count IMO for someone that trains and goes to the range often.

Right now they have a nice Dduplek slug sale for $.60 each. I usually find them at a LGS for close to $2 a slug.

I buy most of my bulk ammo online. I just seem to be able to find better prices online.

Hunting ammo I buy locally or reload myself.

SD/HD ammo I buy locally.

I live Kalifornistan. My online ammo buying days are over and it sucks. But hey, at least there is no more crime now.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Re: RE: The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act?!

Mossybloke said:
I live Kalifornistan. My online ammo buying days are over and it sucks. But hey, at least there is no more crime now.

No offense to Californians but CA laws are a perfect example of where things are headed. And it won't stop there....

Selection is also much better. There are shells I've found online that I've never been able to get at the local gun shops (20 gauge 00 buckshot, for instance). If I DO find what I want locally, they might have a single 10 round box on the shelf. :?

There are also some sales online. Have you ever seen a local place put any kind of ammunition on sale? Yes, I would certainly miss being able to purchase ammunition online. I think it's sad that there are already states that do not allow it. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom396 said:
Selection is also much better. There are shells I've found online that I've never been able to get at the local gun shops (20 gauge 00 buckshot, for instance). If I DO find what I want locally, they might have a single 10 round box on the shelf. :?

There are also some sales online. Have you ever seen a local place put any kind of ammunition on sale? Yes, I would certainly miss being able to purchase ammunition online. I think it's sad that there are already states that do not allow it. Take care. Tom Worthington.

I must not realize how lucky I am then... Larry's pistol and pawn here in Huntsville always has sales going on ammo. I think most recently I got 9mm for $9/50 if I remember correctly.

Also keep in mind that Obama hates our Constitution and if he gets re-elected he will try to control the internet thus banning anything to do with firearms

Did something happen in Cali I am not aware of? I buy my ammo online all the time. Heck, I can't find a place that sells Hornady or Remington Sabot rounds here.

Paul

What is stupid about this whole thing; you have to use a credit/debit card for online orders...THAT IS TRACKABLE!!! The guy from New York who sponsored this evidentally doesn't know you can cash and carry ammo at evil mart or anywhere else without i.d. or any way of tracking it. Knee-jerk reactions like this just show how STUPID the elected officials really are.

Bonesteel said:
What is stupid about this whole thing; you have to use a credit/debit card for online orders...THAT IS TRACKABLE!!! The guy from New York who sponsored this evidentally doesn't know you can cash and carry ammo at evil mart or anywhere else without i.d. or any way of tracking it. Knee-jerk reactions like this just show how STUPID the elected officials really are.

This!!! is so well said! Excellent point!

I just bought a box of .223 at WalMart. No ID check at all, but to the contrary, just as you pointed out, online sales are already very trackable on a few levels.
Credit Card
IP address
email addy

Now, I have heard that one of the ideas is for bulk ammo purchases to be reported to some agencey or other like the FBI or DHS, but I cant verify this. I think it was Lanny Davis that said it.

Politician thinking: The Colorado shooter got his ammo mail order and therefore that must be evil.

If he had gone off the deep end and stopped at a local store to load up before heading to the theater they'd be after the local gun stores. "He just walked in, plunked down some cash and walked back out with dangerous assault bullets!"

They will never stop trying to chip away at our freedoms.

Back