• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

*VIDEO*, Practicing Shotgun Reloads and Improvised Rests

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
This is some of Allison and I over the weekend at the farm. I've been troubled lately with... stuff. So the shooting has def been theraputic, for both of us. Allison has as much stake in the things goin on as i do. Nevertheless, we enjoyed ourselves and got our minds off... stuff.

Heres a little of what we did. I started out practicin shotgun reloads from the TacStar 4 shell side saddle I was recently given. It isnt perfected, but I have the video to look back on and see where I wanna do differently. Honestly, thats the biggest reason I do video, to review and see where improvements can be made.

Anyhow, the idea was to reload through the open receiver and slide the action closed, pulling the trigger as soon as the bolt and load were in battery. I was using Remington 2 3/4" full power 00. I found that havin the barrel tucked under my arm allowed a good deal of control and I was able to put rounds on target rather well.

The other sections of video deal with resting the AR. I have a 6" bipod on the rifle which isnt suitable for things like sitting in the field. The best solution for me is to use the bipod in conjunction with my CamelBak Linchpin backpack which has an internal and adjustable frame. You'll be able to see how it worked for both myself and Allison.

Awesomely, I added an AC/DC song as the soundtrack!!!

If the vid embedder thingy doesnt work, click this link;
Improvised Shooting Techniques

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szvz5SsZOeI[/youtube]

I like watching your videos. Keep 'em coming. It's great to have things to take your mind off things. Shooting is a great one. I also like to burn some rubber off the old Chevy and wind it out through the gears.

Thanks fellas, I always appreciate yall watching!!!

its been rough here, and i dont need too much time to think. We shoot just as often a we're able!

Hows the multicam look in the grass? :D

multicam is sweet. looks like your having fun or trying to anyway. How are you liking that AR?

Oli, The AR is awesome! I wanna get another optic for it, something with variable, low power magnification so we can pracyice longer shots.

the ammo flows from it like water... On the bright side, my wifes step mom is gettin a reloading kit very soon and has kept all my brass!

Back