• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Weather has slammed us

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Guys I've been offline most of the day.

We've had about 15-18 inches of snow this week which we have endured pretty well up to today with nothing major. Just a lot of cancellations and things and the mail not running all week and down to even the state police only responding to life threatening calls.

But we've also had a bunch of record lows of around -15 to -20 below zero one night, more snow the next day, and a clear day where it warmed up to almost 40 degree's which melted off some of it, and we got another 5 inches of snow last night, and now we've had temps of almost 40 degrees again and a steady rain all day.

We've had NUMEROUS buildings collapsing all day under the weight, and FLOODING and still about a foot of snow on the ground still yet.

Here are a couple of news reports and a bunch of pictures from around my area.

There have been 2 dollar stores that had roof collapses, a large carpet store roof collapsed, a gas station awning, our airport has major damage from a roof collapse, the Claiborne county TN boat dock has collapsed.

And like I said, there is many places that is flooding.

My gutters are frozen and it is like a waterfall from the rain and snow thaw off into my backyard pooling around my foundation almost a foot deep.

I've never seen anything like it.

Also, the Governor activated the National Guard here to assist.

airport
airportsnow2015.jpg

Zeke's carpet store
tremont.jpg

Dollar store nearest my home (1 of two that are destroyed)
ds.jpg

carport collapsed that also capsized a car
snowstorm2015.jpg

This isnt' in my county, but I spent a lot of time there growing up when Dad used to have a houseboat
Claiborne County Boat Dock
claiborne county boat dock.jpg

And flooding on our main roads
snowstorm2015thaw.jpg

Some video and news reports from local tv

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headl...ses-under-weight-of-heavy-snow-293226411.html

https://www.facebook.com/WYMTNews/photos_stream

Crazy, mail running ?

Yeah, it's been a crazy week.

No, I haven't gotten any mail all week. The carrier said our lane is "too dangerous". I've already spoken with the postmaster about that.

Monday and Tuesday, it was bad. From Wednesday until last night though, it was bare blacktop.

I'd love to hear what our friend Al Gore has to say about the frigid weather all over.:rolleyes:

Keep warm and dry John!

It's been pretty warm here, but we have a winter weather watch for tomorrow night.

They're forecasting sleet accumulation of 1/3 inch and freezing rain causing ice accumulation up to 1/10 inch. :rolleyes:

(Silly, isn't it?)

It's been the same around here John.

Been hovering in the low single digit temps. There's a solid two to three inches of ice on our roads here and hasn't been any sun to melt it off. Warmed up to the high 30's yesterday and started raining hard last night and all through the day today. Our gutters are frozen solid too and it's just a pure nasty mess outside.

Stay warm and safe out there brother...

Nice Mossy.

Same here for the low temps guys. Snowfall has actually been down though as we have been on the edge of the storms that have pounded the northeast. We did get 5 inches today and right now it's turned to freezing rain. They are calling for it to go above freezing tomorrow for the first time in weeks but it will be right back to single digits for Monday morning. Keep warm guys!

Speakin of global warming.

Here are some pics from my folks place down in Texas. They got 17 inches of snow in one night a week or so ago...

... and yes you read it right. I did say Texas...

They better stop poking holes up there in space.

That's crazy.

I knew the Farmers Almanac said this was going to be one of the worse on record (overall), I guess they're getting it pretty close. Lots of snow over this country this season.

This is the third winter that we haven't really got a winter, some storms but not cold and not enough.....

Crazy. I just spent all morning shoveling and clearing my roof. We are sposta get more this week. So I cleared out more than usual to accommodate the plow guy. I am frikkin sore.
2 percocets and 4 finger full glass full of Jim Beam Honey.....yummy.

A neighbor cleared my driveway this morning so my boy and I paid it forward with the extra time on our hands. We went and cleared several houses of friends and family that can't handle that chore anymore. It was a pain though. It's the heavy wet stuff that's great for building snowmen. I just cracked open a Yeungling...time to relax.

Got about 6 1/2-7" yesterday with ice. Almost 40* today. Headed back down to the single digits again tonight. No building collapses but tons of accidents and closed roads. Used my friends snowblower to clear three driveways which was a nice change to shoveling. Still works up a sweat, though.

Y'all be safe.

Hit 38º today but most of this winter has been single digits and under! most snow banks are 5 feet or taller! I hope it stops snowing sometime soon! my snowblower can't stack snow any higher!

Back