• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What a monster!

RyanMac

WOW. I picked up my new 590 8+1 last week but havent been able to go out and shoot it. Today I finally got to the local range and what a monster. The max distance at the range is 25 yards so that's the farthest I could reach out. I tried Remington Sluggers and Federal Rifled slugs and was amazed by the accuracy at that distance. I was able to empty the magazine and keep all but one in the bullseye and 9 ring. For buck I ran Federal Low Recoil w/ Flight Control and Remington Low Recoil. The remington wasnt bad at 7 yards but the Federal is amazing. Not that I didn't believe you guys but that's the tightest patterI've ever shot with buckshot. At HD ranges (5-7 yards for me), the Federal was like a small fist hitting the target!

After close to 100 rounds, it is smoothing out nicely. There is something absolutely incredible about being able to send 9 big shots down range in just a couple of seconds. In all a great shotgun.

That's cool that you had such a great first outing. Thanks for keeping us posted.

The LOP was long even for me at 6'2". I installed the Hogue 12" today and the whole shotgun feels different. The LOP fells much more natural and the weight distribution and center of gravity seems much closer now. Very nice. I cant wait to try it with the Hogue. I hear the pad on the Hogue is leaps and bounds over the Mossberg rubber pad.

sounds like you are having fun.post some pics of that monster.

I guess off topic, what is the easy way to post pics? I'm used to just inserting a pic from a local pic file.

when you are posting reply below the window you are typing in you will see "upload attachment",click that and browse your computer for the pic and add it to the post.

The 8+1 590 is truly an awesome fighting gun!

I know you are a believer....

Wow, I fell dumb. I looked right past it. Thanks for the info. It's a bad pic but here she is. I have since added the Hogue 12" Stock and a sling using the GG&G side mounts. As far as customization I think thats gonna be it. I like to keep things as simple as possible. :D

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 685
old mossy said:
i can see the smile on your face from here. have fun.

As can I! Its a wonderful feelin isn't it? :D. Same as mine but for the stock! Good lookin man,congrats man!

Confidence booster when something like that's sitting next to you bed! Nice 590 Mac...i'll be curious how the gg&g mount works or you

RyanMac said:
WOW. I picked up my new 590 8+1 last week but havent been able to go out and shoot it. Today I finally got to the local range and what a monster. The max distance at the range is 25 yards so that's the farthest I could reach out. I tried Remington Sluggers and Federal Rifled slugs and was amazed by the accuracy at that distance. I was able to empty the magazine and keep all but one in the bullseye and 9 ring. For buck I ran Federal Low Recoil w/ Flight Control and Remington Low Recoil. The remington wasnt bad at 7 yards but the Federal is amazing. Not that I didn't believe you guys but that's the tightest patterI've ever shot with buckshot. At HD ranges (5-7 yards for me), the Federal was like a small fist hitting the target!

After close to 100 rounds, it is smoothing out nicely. There is something absolutely incredible about being able to send 9 big shots down range in just a couple of seconds. In all a great shotgun.

Dude your making me jealous.......
Haven't been able to shoot mine yet, due to no shotguns at the indoor range I shoot my handguns at plus I don't know anyone out here with open property. Got 300 rounds just lookin at me....waiting to go.

But I did find a indoor range that allows it, but its a drive, but I know it will be worth it.
Hopefully I get a chance b4 Christmas, I need to feed that urge :lol:

Glad it was a blast for u bro.....

Back