• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What more is there to say?

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I was watching Fox news and some coverage and interviews about Hurricane Sandy from a citizen in New York about 11:45 AM on 11/4/12.

The guy being interviewed made a simple statement, that I don't think could've been said any simpler.

"When it gets dark there are only 2 things we're concerned about. The cold, and the looters."

In other parts of the interviews, a lady said (paraphrasing) that her whole neighborhood was homeless, and support was not coming fast enough.

This was in reference to shelter, fuel, and other essentials like water and food.

Could a larger argument be made in support of the Second Amendment and a God given right to defense of life and property?

I put this in the HD/SD section because it totally relates to this section of the forum and not a general discussion topic or political topic.

This is as real and honest as it gets folks.

I wonder how many looters will be shot during this fiasco?

Being in New York and NJ and other overly restrictive area's pertaining to gun and self protection laws, probably very very few.

I don't want to speculate, but I opine, there will be far more robbing victims than shooting "victims".

article-2227307-15D0471A000005DC-825_634x413.jpg

article-2227307-15D43DB1000005DC-132_634x422.jpg

The right to self defense and self preservation is a God given, natural right. It is a right our founders thought was worth protecting. It's a crime that our governement would deprive those people of that right while doing little to stop those that don't follow the law. This shows again just what Katrina did...that government can't, won't and never will be able to protect us from everything. I give great appreciation to police, fire, ambulance and other first responders but that are just that, responders to something that already happened and they just can't be everywhere at once. LET THE PEOPLE PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM THE WOLVES!

Ok, now I don't have anything else to say.

The areas with the most looting is in the tri boros where NYC rules. The firearm policy is strict in that you need a license to even own a shotgun and to get the license is a huge amount of red tape. People just rather not do it. But that doesn't matter to the looters.

If long guns were as easy to get in Staten Island as it is by me in Suffolk county looting would have only lasted 2 nights as the bodies of the scum would be piling up. Instead the looting continues.

Water Monkey said:
The areas with the most looting is in the tri boros where NYC rules. The firearm policy is strict in that you need a license to even own a shotgun and to get the license is a huge amount of red tape. People just rather not do it. But that doesn't matter to the looters.

If long guns were as easy to get in Staten Island as it is by me in Suffolk county looting would have only lasted 2 nights as the bodies of the scum would be piling up. Instead the looting continues.

Makes me even more thankful I live where I do. Almost everyone here has a gun. I have been through many major natural disasters. Floods, tornado's, heavy snows/long term power outages, recessions, but I have never had anyone try to loot the neighborhood where I live.

We did have two young punks who grew up here who broke into several houses several years back and stole a lot of stuff from peoples yards, but he and his brother turned themselves in when his uncle found out who it was that broke into his house so he couldn't get to them. :lol: Far as I know, he's still waiting for them to get out though and he's just biding his time. :!:

We have very favorable pro 2 A laws and self protection/preservation laws.

Like I said, stealing is a very uncommon here, but guns are.

An armed society is a polite society.

Hopefully this will wake people up around here that they vote pro gun. If not this election the future ones. I foresee a rise in people buying firearms who were against them previously. In times of disaster you are on your own for quite a bit.

Hopefully this will wake people up around here that they vote pro gun
I hope they wake up too. If people don't demand and then exercise their rights they will continue to erode away. I can't imagine trying to protect my family from looters with a baseball bat.

It's yet another reason we need a Republican putting the next SCOTUS judges on the bench. We can't afford any more Kagen's or Sotamayor's ignoring the framers interpretation of the Constitution.

That's an absolute fact.

I don't think the supreme court should be a lifetime appointment anyway.

During property loss negotiations my home is represented by OF Mossberg & Sons.

carbinemike said:
It's yet another reason we need a Republican putting the next SCOTUS judges on the bench. We can't afford any more Kagen's or Sotamayor's ignoring the framers interpretation of the Constitution.

The problem is that the last time we had a Republican appoint a SCOTUS judge, that judge ended up being the deciding vote against Obamacare and he let it through. How quickly we forget the Justice Roberts was a GW Bush appointee. If that's what we get from the Republicans (and some would say that Romney is closer to the middle than GW Bush), I'm praying no one steps down until we can get a true conservative into office!

Back