• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wheel GUNS!!

I have always wanted to buy one of these for an extreme deep cover handgun, but have never done it. Nice little gun! I had to go back and re-read your post as the NAA looked really big in your hand, but then I saw the explanation. Lol. :)

Thanks. Found a place that had both some Critical Defense and Gold dot on hand so I ordered some of each. Should be here sometime Monday or Tues. Range trip hopefully later in the week when I get a chance to finally go try the lil guy out and see which load it likes best. Reading up on each some folks have had a few cylinder binding issues or key holing with the Hornady stuff so hoping its not the same with mine. Sadly now that I have one firearm in .22 mag its already started that itch to see what else is out there chambered for the same. A Kel Tec PMR30 is on my radar now I'm afraid lol.

I have been drooling over a Ruger Single 9 .22 Mag ay an LGS with the idea it would make a good revolver for around our farm for dispatching pests, but at $459 it is not in my budget right now.

Got a chance to shoot the NAA mini today. Sure is snappy. It was just a quick range trip to verify functionality. Didn't put much through it Even if I had the extra time its not the type of firearm you take to spend a long range trip with.

Gold dot and Hornady Critical Defense all fired off first strike. The Maxi Mag was a different story. I had to rotate the rims on the ones that didn't go off first go around. Second time around almost all of them fired by being struckon the opposite side of the rim. A few even after a second attempt never went off so they were dumped at the range in the designated "duds" can. For now I'm assuming it was just the batch of ammo and not the gun since the other two ammo types fired off with out a single glitch. I'm gonna send it in soon to get that .22lr clyinder so I'll mention it and see what they think once its in their hand again.

I'll have to get some more and see if I can replicate the result on the Maxi Mag before I do send it in. The Gold Dot was the most accurate out to 7 yards considering the lack of a sight on the rear and such a small grip to hang on to. The Hornady and CCI Maxi Mag opened up some out to 7 but not too bad. All would have been torso hits. I'm please with the exception of the dodgy Maxi Mags. I'm really hoping it was just a bum batch of ammo I received. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Got some new shoes for my 64. Grips are made by Kim Ahrends....Moradillo wood, retro combat, round to square conversion.

ahrends4004_zps401f2fc8.jpg

ahrends4010_zpsd4aec3e0.jpg

my buddy offered up a Rock Island .38 special when i was at his house this evening, just happened to have the cash because i sold a Rossi .243 not 4 hours earlier. ive shot the revolver before, early this year, but it hasnt had a round through it since it was reworked by Rock Island. as he said, Phillipene gun loaded with American parts. apparently it suffered a catastrophic failure last time he shot it. (inner workings, no barrel or cylinder damage). any recommendations on ammo? before I go on a shopping spree. just want some ball ammo to plink with, and figure ill stock up on a few boxs of SD ammo, just to have. this wont be an EDC, unless maybe i take it on a hike or hunting trip.

apuhumez.jpg

Obligatory picture of the Rock Island. Model 200 .38 special

mery5uju.jpg

mupeqeme.jpg

Two of my better groupings. 7 yards, single and double action. Shot 100 rounds through it today, 7, 12, and 20 yards.

Good lookin' guns.

I don't see very many 6" Model 66 Smiths.

Diesel~ that Rock Island revolver seems like a real shooter.

Back