• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where is Global Warming?

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Does he ever tell the truth?
"Excessively high temperatures" are "already" harming public health nationwide, Pres. Obama declared on Nov. 1, 2013
We are freezing out butts off here.

But its the trends you gotta look at... it's been getting hotter by 0.05° over the past 20 years... duh!

You can't feel the heat emanating from Al Gores house? LOL

It's so freaking cold here I haven't seen the twins in weeks.

aksavanaman said:
But its the trends you gotta look at... it's been getting hotter by 0.05° over the past 20 years... duh!
yep, here in the pacific northwest it is dryer and a little warmer than usual when the trends are looked at but I think its just a natural cycle of things.......I mean this place used to be under the ocean so ......

Here's a trend ;) :
Climate change itself is already in the process of definitively rebutting climate alarmists who think human use of fossil fuels is causing ultimately catastrophic global warming. That is because natural climate cycles have already turned from warming to cooling, global temperatures have already been declining for more than 10 years, and global temperatures will continue to decline for another two decades or more. That is one of the most interesting conclusions to come out of the seventh International Climate Change Conference sponsored by the Heartland Institute

Did anyone see where climate change scientists were going to Antarctica to retrace a historical route and document global warming damage and their ship got stuck in excessive early sea ice?

We are sending billions overseas to pay poor countries for global warming damage. That's what makes me think it's just a scheme to transfer wealth.

Kidding aside, I think it is just that, a money laundering scheme. I think the planet goes through heating and cooling trends and that these are occurring regardless of what we as humans do. Some astute individuals are using this to manipulate and scare the population into donating huge sums of money to prevent something that none of us have any control over. They have to keep changing the name to something less and less specific because they know they can't back up their claims. It's kind of hard to argue with "climate change", as it does change constantly whether we do anything about it or not.

carbinemike said:
Does he ever tell the truth?

Are you really asking that question?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv4jnlkxOaw[/youtube]

Just doing the math according to his own self proclaimed birth certificate, his father would've been a baby or at best a very young child during WW2 and the video would indicate that this was a false statement, but math has never been my crowning achievement.

Here is my surprised face: :eek:

MikeD said:
Kidding aside, I think it is just that, a money laundering scheme. I think the planet goes through heating and cooling trends and that these are occurring regardless of what we as humans do. Some astute individuals are using this to manipulate and scare the population into donating huge sums of money to prevent something that none of us have any control over. They have to keep changing the name to something less and less specific because they know they can't back up their claims. It's kind of hard to argue with "climate change", as it does change constantly whether we do anything about it or not.

Money is certainly part of it, but the ideology of it goes much deeper and much further back in history.

Global Warming was just one issue The Club of Rome (TCOR) targeted in its campaign to reduce world population. In 1993 the Club’s co-founder, Alexander King with Bertrand Schneider wrote The First Global Revolution stating,

“The common enemy of humanity is man. In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome. The real enemy then, is humanity itself.”

They believe all these problems are created by humans but exacerbated by a growing population using technology. “Changed attitudes and behavior” basically means what it has meant from the time Thomas Malthus raised the idea the world was overpopulated. He believed charity and laws to help the poor were a major cause of the problem and it was necessary to reduce population through rules and regulations. TCOR ideas all ended up in the political activities of the Rio 1992 conference organized by Maurice Strong (a TCOR member) under the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).

Read more of this lengthy essay: http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/01/05/o ... l-warming/

His father must have been a corpse-man. ;)

carbinemike said:
Here's a trend ;) :
Climate change itself is already in the process of definitively rebutting climate alarmists who think human use of fossil fuels is causing ultimately catastrophic global warming. That is because natural climate cycles have already turned from warming to cooling, global temperatures have already been declining for more than 10 years, and global temperatures will continue to decline for another two decades or more. That is one of the most interesting conclusions to come out of the seventh International Climate Change Conference sponsored by the Heartland Institute

Did anyone see where climate change scientists were going to Antarctica to retrace a historical route and document global warming damage and their ship got stuck in excessive early sea ice?

We are sending billions overseas to pay poor countries for global warming damage. That's what makes me think it's just a scheme to transfer wealth.
Gotta agreee Mike. All the info I've seen recently seems to point to a cooling trend (as AK mentioned trends) and I've heard the ice has thickened at the poles and the erosion of polar ice has dropped off significantly. Although as Oli mentioned, we are warmer and drier this year on the westcoast. I don't buy into the whole Al Gore, alarmist BS either. We don't have enough centuries of solid technical and observed data to accurately determine the big picture IMO. I'm sure there are scientists who would say I'm an uninformed idiot but I don't think anyone on the planet has a lock on mother nature.

John A. said:
carbinemike wrote:Does he ever tell the truth?Are you really asking that question?

It took all day but I found something truthful from him! It's the "fundamentally transform America" quote. That was it. The rest is all lies :twisted:

Global warming my @$$.

When I left for work this morning it was 7 degrees, and I live in the freakin SOUTH! This $#!+ isn't supposed to happen down here. Spoke with my cousin back home in Dallas this morning and he said it was 19 degrees there. I grew up there and in my entire life the only time I ever saw a temperature with a 1 in front it was followed by two other digits...

Uncle Al. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• bewareglobalwarming.jpg
    bewareglobalwarming.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 169
It's been 2 degree's all evening here, until the sun went down, then the temperatures here have plummeted.

It's been below zero since 6PM.

EAST KENTUCKY HOURLY WEATHER ROUNDUP
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE JACKSON KY
900 PM EST MON JAN 06 2014

NOAA_______current temp___Dw Pt _______ Wind_______Wind Chill
BLACK MTN*__-13*f_______ -15*f _________W-9mph______-31*f

Unbelievable it was 57 yesterday, 32 today and going down to 10 with 40mph winds. wind chill -15.

Some scientists have been predicting since 2005 that we would enter into a minor cooling period and possibly a longer mini ice age. All due to cycles in the sun spots. Of course, these scientists have been ridiculed for going against the global warming horde and not supporting greater global management. Too bad Al wasn't on that ship in Antarctica...that would have been great irony... :lol:

Pretty bad when I want to go to Alaska where it's warmer LOL

John A. said:
Pretty bad when I want to go to Alaska where it's warmer LOL

I wish I had a walk in freezer so I had a place to warm up. ;-D

Well, the mainland is around 20°F... so at least that's closer to you guys. Of course our warmer weather is due to Japans currents... so I'll blame them.

Back