• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where to find good .22 ammo for good price?

Zell

Copper BB
Just last summer I was able to buy a 500 round box of cheap .22 ammo for about $20 at Walmart. I haven't checked lately anywhere, but what I'm reading here is that ammo may be hard to get for my new 715T (that I haven't shot yet) and if I do find it it will cost an arm and a leg?

Also, what is the best brand, yet low-cost ammo for my new riffle and the best place to get it in boxes of 500? Assuming I can get it. What brands should I avoid that may jam?

Thanks!

Zell said:
Just last summer I was able to buy a 500 round box of cheap .22 ammo for about $20 at Walmart. I haven't checked lately anywhere, but what I'm reading here is that ammo may be hard to get for my new 715T (that I haven't shot yet) and if I do find it it will cost an arm and a leg?

Also, what is the best brand, yet low-cost ammo for my new riffle and the best place to get it in boxes of 500? Assuming I can get it. What brands should I avoid that may jam?

Thanks!
There has been quite a bit of discussion on the topic - have a read here: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=3575

Don't forget the search function.

Right now a lot of ammo is quite scarce. Keep and reye on net sources and rather than waste gas - make calls first locally. Develop relationships with shops (being a cash customer helps) - some will tell you when they get deliveries - many honestly (at this point) don't know what to expect or when.

Oddly enough my local Ace Hardware has lots of different caliber ammo available at somewhat reasonable prices. We shall see if that remains true when it comes time for them to reorder.

A small local gun shop still has a decent supply of 500 round boxes for about $24. Other than that, picking are slim. The one that surprised me is that .308 Winchester is impossible to find locally. .30-06 seems ok though. Who knows?

Same here, in November too for .308!...I thought it was from deer season but it never came back. That was before Sandy Hook. Crazy world and getting worse by the day.

Found this today and it says usually in-stock (at the time I poted) - http://www.code3tactical.com/remington- ... -1400.aspx

Remington Rimfire Bucket 22LR 36 Grain Hollow Point Box of 1400 List Price: $64.78 Your Low Price: $60.99

•Manufacturer: Remington
•Model: Rimfire Bucket
•Model: High Velocity
•Caliber: 22LR
•Grain Weight: 36Gr
•Type: Hollow Point
•Units per Case: 1400
•Manufacturer Part #: 21231

A small local gun shop still has a decent supply of 500 round boxes for about $24. Other than that, picking are slim.

My last source that had .22LR has now come up dry too. :evil:

The best bet for finding any kind of ammo is to call your local Wal-Mart around 7pm and ask if any ammo came in on the truck. If they get to know you they will be helpful and pretty soon you will luck out. Tonight I got the last three 100-round boxes of Winchester Super-X 36-grain HP after following that routine, although I had to hurry over because WMT employees aren't allowed to hold any ammo for anyone (except for their most prized customers).

Dysfunctional said:
Found this today and it says usually in-stock (at the time I poted) - http://www.code3tactical.com/remington- ... -1400.aspx

Remington Rimfire Bucket 22LR 36 Grain Hollow Point Box of 1400 List Price: $64.78 Your Low Price: $60.99

•Manufacturer: Remington
•Model: Rimfire Bucket
•Model: High Velocity
•Caliber: 22LR
•Grain Weight: 36Gr
•Type: Hollow Point
•Units per Case: 1400
•Manufacturer Part #: 21231
Note: Our store inventory level is not updated to this website. What do we stock?
Unlike most internet dealers, we have a real store in a real building with a real inventory. This is not a hobby business. We encourage you to visit us at our Madison, Wisconsin location. Before you visit another retailer's website, we encourage you to find out if they actually have a real location that you can visit, not just a basement or home office with no inventory. We are an authorized dealer or distributor for all of the gear we sell!
As stated in our shipping policy, our website does not list stock status. Although we stock the most popularly ordered items, it is impossible to stock the tens of thousands of items we offer. If your purchase is time sensitive and are concerned if you'll get your order in time, we encourage you to click the customer service button and we can let you know if the gear you need is in stock and if not, approximately how long it will take.

Thanks Todd! That's exactly what I posted and exactly what the website says. Not sure what your point is though. Still a great price per round (compared to what a lot of other "discounters" are currently charging) even if you have to wait for them to get a resupply. Even with shipping (USPS Parcel Post) at $16 they are running between .05-.06 per round total cost. That's way better than GunBot or AmmoSeek are displaying at the moment. However, some folks are not too fond of that brand/bullet. Personally, they work fine for me and I haven't experienced FTF/FTE at any greater rate with these than with other brands. I am well enough stocked for my immediate needs so when it comes time for resupply my back orders of less expensive ammo should be arriving or already on-hand. Just putting it out there for the OP as an option.

Back