• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Winchester is ticking me off

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I bought 2 of the 100 round boxes of the 12 gauge universal shells at walmart recently and I wanted to make sure they would work in both of my shotguns before using them to hunt with.

To put it mildly, the mossberg wouldn't unlock the slide 3 out of 5 times and I had to manually depress the button between each shot.

The old Stevens, the first round fired, and wouldn't eject. The dual extractors just pulled over the rim and I had to get a cleaning rod to pop it out from the inside.

I went to winchesters' site to try to contact them because I want a refund for the 194 unused shells, but guess what.

I look for a contact email and as close as I got was on the faq page:

49. I have a quality issue with one of your products. What do I do?

Answer: Use the Contact link

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Does anyone have a contact email of phone number for this bunch of clowns?

And the powder stinks and burns my eyes too while I'm thinking about it.

These universal shells are pure crap.

Customer Service...
800-945-5237

Parts & Service
800-322-4626

Thank you ripjack. I couldn't find that info on their site anywhere.

I'll call them Monday. Hopefully they'll refund my money because I sure don't want to try to struggle through shooting all of them.

No problem sir. I'm here to help, not hinder....I do that to my wife.

My curiosity is peaked.

"12 gauge universal shells at walmart recently and I wanted to make sure they would work in both of my shotguns before using them to hunt with"

What did you want to hunt with these shells?

Grouse.

They are usually short range when they fly up just a few steps away from your feet and scare the devil out of you in the process :lol:

RIP, I'm updating this for anyone else that may have this problem.

The phone number for the ammunition plant is 1-800-356-2666

I spoke to a guy named D_____ this morning.

I was able to find the lot number and told him the problems I was having and he is having UPS come by to pick up the shells and they said they would issue me some coupons for replacement.

Looks like I'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

I am going to make sure that I enclose a copy of the receipt so I get full credit for what I spent on these and I am going to specifically let them know I do not want coupons for any more of these universal shells.

After some research on the net, looks like people from all over the net are dissatisfied with them. I just don't understand why a well known company like winchester would knowingly continue putting out garbage.

It's cool...at least they are takin care of ya! Update us after the "coupon" comes in. Let's see how their CS is... ;)

I sincerely hope their CS is good.

I spend a good deal of money on guns and ammo and I only asked for a refund for what I spent for the shells ($41.94) because they didn't perform worth a hoot.

I don't think that's too much to ask.

That many failures in 2 different guns.... :?

That's pretty bad by anyone's standards.

The shells were picked up this evening by UPS and are enroute to East Alton IL.

I put a copy of the receipt in with the shells, and even gave them the few empties back if they wanted them.

Probably won't take maybe 2 days for them to get them back.

We'll see how things goes.

Sounds good so far. Thanx for the update!

Told me today that it'll take at least a week and a half after they get them in hand before they would process it.

Also, the tracking number on the UPS shipping label verification is invalid. Apparently it didn't print the last number or something and the gentlemen I spoke to today said he had didn't have a way to look any of that up.

But he did say that they didn't show any updates in the system that they had received it

:( Oh brother.

well..if it's only one number that got cut off, you can try 0-9 and see what happens.

I was able to do the tracking by customer reference number and I am not a happy camper at all.

Tracking Number: 1zXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Service:UPS Ground
Weight:12.00 lbs
Returned On:03/15/2012 9:46 A.M. Returned To:EAST ALTON, IL, US
Signed By:HILL
Left At:RECEIVER

East Alton, IL, United States 03/15/2012 9:46 A.M. Returned to shipper :evil:

I have heard nothing but bad things about that ammunition. I've been avoiding it like the plague and only buy Remington or Federal.

nope.

I called and asked them what was up and they didn't know anything, couldn't tell me anything.

Nothing in the computer and it could take weeks before that could happen.

When I hung up the phone, I looked in the mirror to see if smoke was coming out of my ass because it sure felt like that's what they were doing just to get me off the phone

John,

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I have heard of some of the bulk shell problems myself. Thankfully I havn't bought any. Just wandering.

Back