• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Yet another hi point video

For the price can't say no...... I'd have took it even without the light.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
Oh for sure me too. While we did paperwork i said i hope your at least break even. He told me he was cash poor with excess inventory and literally needed to get his tables paid for and a hotel room for the night. Im thinking hes not the only one in that boat right now.

Sorry took so long but finally made it to range with the hipoint carbine. In meantime i added an inexpensive reflex sight i was able to mount it and leave the irons in place. I wont make a long drawn out review i believe that been done many times already. Suffice to say im a believer in the lil hipoint carbine. It ran perfect. It was amazingly accurate pretty much one ragged hole in slow fire and nice fist size group when shooting rapidly. Controlled pairs where excellent and easy. I think the optic is a good choice for this gun and what i perceive as its purpose in life.
The good: cheap as hell
Very accurate 100% function we fired 200 rounds half were federal fmj brass 115 half were winny white box.
Handy size easy to teach with minimal recoil
The bad:
Actually not bad just observations of what could be better
Its a bit hefty for its size
The rear peep site hole is quite small for my eyes. Easily remedied
Mag capacity low
Mag abit tough loading not hard spring just strange angle.
All in all i like it i would recommend especially for budget concious looking for a handy carbine.
I took 86 year old neighbor with me he has failing eyes and tremors he shot center mass no problem and enjoyed shooting it.

Yeah, I wish they'd do some NORMAL capacity magazines. That's why most people look over top of them and ask to see the "other" gun on the shelf.

And it makes no difference that they have 10 round mags. The last two or three assault weapon ban proposals during the obama trainwreck, the high point by name has been on the ban list anyway.

Here it is as tested. I left out there is a little laser on side of this optic. I didnt really use it today i did turn it on and adjust to poi at 25 yards ? We shot today at 25 and 50.1499719342640476893294.jpg 1499719401857-770179955.jpg 1499719439086-738581201.jpg

If only they could be made to take Glock mags.....

There is a pistol carbine (not the HiPoint) that is supposed to take Glock magazines. I don't remember now what it is though.

You can get AR lowers that are made for glock mags, my statement was meant in jest. With the popularity, and affordability of these little carbines, you would think someone would make some quality, higher count mags for them.

Or a mag adapter like everyone else makes.

I have mag adapters for the AR/9.

CZ Scorpion Evo that uses Uzi pro magazines.

Etc.

If someone made a mag conversion kit for the high point, they'd make a fortune.

It probably wouldn't take much Djcala

We had one of these in the past but I traded for a like-new Henry lever .22 + $100. Shot well but a couple of the 5 mags it came with didn't feed so well.

In the mega gun store the other day killing time, they had a few different 9mm carbines I was looking at. One was the Beretta CX-4. They had a lightly-used specimen in 9mm for about $500. It takes 92 mags. It actually looks and feels much better in person and I would actually call it "cute" at 5.5lbs or so.

They also had the aforementioned Kel-Tec Sub-2000 which was interesting as I'd never held one before. A little beefier and boxier than the Beretta and it had that Kel-Tec "feel" to it. I'm not knocking it especially being a local co. and for $400 it is worth it. Versions take Beretta, G17 and G19 mags.

I'm not really in the market for a 9mm carbine as I already have an AR-9 that takes Glock mags and I have dozens.
cx4.jpg

https://www.redballsports.net/

Four 20 round magazines for $100.

4-small_large.jpg

Take care. Tom Worthington

I'm not really in the market for a 9mm carbine as I already have an AR-9 that takes Glock mags and I have dozens.

I've been shooting my 9mm AR a lot lately. But it's one of the Colt style mag adapter. That was a better choice for me since I have an uzi and a lot of uzi mags. I just milled a mag catch notch in my uzi mags and they work in both guns.

Legitimate Colt mags have a bolt hold open though that the uzi mags don't have, but like I said, I already have an uzi mag or two laying around. Especially now that I'm also using uzi pro magazines in my scorpion now too. So, I guess that makes 3 guns that I'm using uzi mags for ;)

I think that a Sub-2000 is a bit less desirable than a Beretta 9mm carbine.

Having owned each one at one time or another.
The beretta is best in breed as reflected by price but you do get what you pay for in this platform
The keltec was accurate reliable very light and handy BUT felt kinda cheap and was difficult for youngsters and weaker folks to operate the hefty charge handle.
The hipoint is reviewed above.

Back