• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Holeshot 308

1. H

590 Shockwave, 1st impressions

I just ordered a Lasermax Spartan green laser/light combo, it will have a quick release mounted on it so I might just install a big dot. Just thinking I might just JB Weld the sight onto the heat shield. I've got enough "tools" laying around that I could drill and tap the heat shield to take the...
  2. H

I used a Dremel to cut off the rear of the clamp. I basically cut up thru the rear screw hole then cut across to the screw hole, then just rounded the edges. I did drill another hole in the clamp for the rear screw, here's where it got kind of tricky... I installed the front screw then I had to...
  3. H

Thanks! Just ordered the shield from Mossberg c/s. Something else to play with on a cold day...Won't have to do anything for the front sight, I've got a Streamlight laser/light mounted on the top rail so I can't see the sight anyway (getting to old for sights anyway!).
  4. H

I just ordered the 590 A1 shield from Mossberg customer service, you got a bargain!! The price including S/H was $50.95...Going to be VERY careful with the Dremel tool !
  5. H

Just kind of a silly question, the front clamp "looks" like the rear of the clamp could be cut off between the mounting screws and still leave enough of the clamp to be drilled for a rear screw. Wondering if this might make removing the barrel easier?? Just a thought, going to order the Mossberg...
  6. H

Sling and Scabbard options...

I started off buying the Black-Hawk shotgun sling. You can use the sling hooks IF you either put large "D-Rings" in the swivel attachments or buy front and rear sling plates...It's really a nice sling but attachment points are going to be noisy either way you go. I wound up and put the...
  7. H

Best Aftermarket Safety for Shockwave?

The Pro-Mag is what I used, around 16.00 online. There is a larger "delta wing" style also but I like the Pro-Mag since it's basically the same size as the stock safety, just taller. No "replacement screw" included with the Pro-Mag, I put a small piece of duct tape (sticky side in the screw...
  8. H

Replacement safety screw?

I tried it with the spacer and without it, seemed to work smoother without it...
  9. H

Just installed the factory screw and put some "Super Black" B/C on it, think I'll just leave it alone. I did take the factory spacer out from under the new safety, works fine with no bolt clearance issues.
  10. H

Got my Shock-Wave yesterday... I put a small piece of duct tape in the screw slot and removed it with a small flat head screw driver. Didn't damage the screw head at all. I do plan on replacing the screw soon and from what I've found online it's a 5/16x6/32 cap screw. Now another question... Did...
  11. H

I know I saw in a post somewhere on here that someone had to buy a whole box of cap screws just to get one. Anyone have a clue where that thread is at? I found it on here before I was "approved". I've got the Shockwave coming this Friday from Buds and already have the enhanced safety( plus a...
Back