• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Badassery!

bsipes30 is so badass that when he was born his parents couldn't bring him home from the hospital...

...they had to have him transferred to an FFL dealer...

Rossignol, LAZY EYED SNIPER, tcecil, MikeD, and bsipes once walked into a bar, that bar instantly exploded because no place can withstand that level of awesome. Since then, they all promised to live in different parts of the country to keep that from happening again.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
bsipes30 is so badass that when he was born his parents couldn't bring him home from the hospital...

...they had to have him transferred to an FFL dealer...

great one! and quite possibly true! ;)

badass8zz.jpg

True story,

I booked a "compact" rental car for a trip back home but they were all out when I got there. The lady asked how I would feel about driving a new Charger for the same low price...

I got to experience what it felt like to be an official nitesite wanna be for a coulpe days!!! :lol:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
True story,

I booked a "compact" rental car for a trip back home but they were all out when I got there. The lady asked how I would feel about driving a new Charger for the same low price...

:lol:

What engine was in that Charger???????????? :geek:

Too bad. It's a stout V-6 and I'm sure it was a great ride but the engine in my Hemi Charger feels like there are JATO bottles strapped on!

I can only imagine.

It was plenty for me though. Any more power and I'd likely have had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of a few Texas State Troopers. This time the cruise control made sure that didn't happen... :(

Hah!!!!

It is a really tight feeling ride for a car that size, isn't it? Great steering, seats, brakes, drives like it's on rails. Having the front wheels so far out in front is utterly amazing. My P77 CVPI floated as I got faster. The Charger feels like a go-cart with sticky tires at triple digit speeds. Only downside is there are some blind spots.

Did your rental unit have an interior similar to this?

workspace2.jpg

I am proud that I am self-disciplined enough to never drive at really dangerous speeds. I rarely see 90-MPH. But I can get to ninety pretty durn quick! And 90 can get me or somebody else killed real easy so I am always trying to be cautious and never do it around any other motorists.

I recently drove to an urgent officer-needs-assistance call from a cop in a neighboring town and I could have gone around 140 but I held my speed to under 110. Sounds easy, but try doing that while simultaneously answering radio traffic and talking to other responding officers while typing the address into my Garmin GPS up by the rear view mirror. At night.

Ha the one I drove didn't have quite that many gadgets. :lol:

It did have the all digital dash though, the gagues, speed-o, audio, and HVAC were all on HUD. Picked my nephew up from his football game and he kept calling it a space car. It was an unbelievably smoothe ride and the only downside to me was, as you said, the blind spots. Couln't see anything behind me without the mirrors. Still, not too bad though. I drove one a new Camaro a while back and felt like I needed a can opener to get outta that one...

L.E.S that's awesome that they gave you something decent. The last rental i did was for work and they made me get a mini van...dork city.

Nitesite, I'd like to try your hemi against my 72 Chevelle but my Dad always told me when we were wrenching on it that I can't out run your radio...LOL.

Seriously, this is the definition of badassery in my book:

I recently drove to an urgent officer-needs-assistance call from a cop in a neighboring town and I could have gone around 140 but I held my speed to under 110. Sounds easy, but try doing that while simultaneously answering radio traffic and talking to other responding officers while typing the address into my Garmin GPS up by the rear view mirror. At night.
Forgive my ignorance but with current technology it seems like dispatch would be able to enter a GPS location and have it come up in the car.

Forgive my ignorance but with current technology it seems like dispatch would be able to enter a GPS location and have it come up in the car.

Only large metro departments have such technology where I work. The nearest department with that kind of ability is several counties away.

Every single officer who actually has GPS capability does so because he paid for a Garmin out of his own pocket, just like a lot of other stuff we feel is essential but aren't issued.

Thanks for the GPS clarification. That bites that you had to provide it yourself.

Since this is badassery I have to ask if you ever did a burnout with the hemi?...inquiring minds want to know. I'd love to come across a police car smokin' 'em off.

Keep all 4 wheels on the black top!

nitesite said:
Every single officer who actually has GPS capability does so because he paid for a Garmin out of his own pocket, just like a lot of other stuff we feel is essential but aren't issued.

That's why I support my local PD and the State PD. I have brothers in law at both. But that's not why I support them. I do it cuz I want to, and they need it. :D

Back