• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Blackhawk's NEW SPECOPS Adjustable Shotgun Stock- Mossberg

Re: Blackhawk's NEW SPECOPS Adjustable Shotgun Stock- Mossbe

looks awesome please update your impressions

ripjack13, that looks like the first generation unless I am mistaken?

DHonovich said:
ripjack13, that looks like the first generation unless I am mistaken?

Definitely Gen 1

where would i find the info on it? on the packaging?

it has 5 adjustments...the new ones have 7? is that how you tell?
i'll get the package and check on it....

The new ones have a couple different features if you look at the pictures I posted in the first few posts here.

Yes upon closer inspectio definately first gen the pistol grip is the tell

ok..update!!

took it out today for a few rounds....2 boxes full!!
i had 3"...and 3 1/2" federal magnum turkey loads.
and 2 3/4" kent turkey loads.
the kents were for my ithica model 37. ouch...that's going on the wall.....unless i get another tactical stock..why because
it's flippin awesome!!!!

holy shnikeys...that stock took almost all the pain away. i could shoot that 835 all day with 3 1/2" shot!! no pain. no black n blue spot. i actually forgot my ear plugs so i'm a lil deaf at the moment, but who cares i love my new stock!!

cons. definitely needed to use my limbsaver pad. the one thats on it didn't do much to relieve the discomfort of the recoil. so i hope the new versions have better padding. mine is the one of the first gen. models. i liked the adjustments. it could fit me and my friend comfortably. he's got shorter arms than my ape hangers.

i did have one problem with my weaver sight mount. the screw came out on the second box full of shells. i think i'll have to get a longer screw and put a nut on the outside. so i'm off to the store to find a itty bitty screw...yay for me.

cheers.

ripjack13 said:
i did have one problem with my weaver sight mount. the screw came out on the second box full of shells. i think i'll have to get a longer screw and put a nut on the outside. so i'm off to the store to find a itty bitty screw...yay for me.

cheers.

blue lock tight, now you get to listen to all the people talk crap about the stock. Cheek slap is my favorite...then there is that wet noodle nutnfancy and all his sheep

hmm..i used the red lock tite. but too late. the screw hole is stripped. so i have to get a longer one and put a nut on it.

on the cheek slap issue...i have no problems with it. it really comes down to proper placement of the stock. and definitely read the directions.
example--->

from shotgun world...
kermit4161 said:
I was experiencing cheek slap until I read their instructions online. I was locking into the shotgun tightly. They instruct to do just the opposite, keep a more loose mount to allow the recoil system to work. I tried it the next time out and it worked... no more slap. I'm not sure why that happens, but it did clear it up.

+1 on not using it in position number 1. The shotgun recoils back towards you and the first position puts your face too close if memory servers me (questionable at times). I think I used the second spot.

so if the haters want to chime in about that topic...they should read the instructions first......

and what is this nutnfancy you speak of?

go to youtube, Nutnfancy test tons of firearm stuff. Some good some bad but always lengthy. A lot of people like him but my personal opinion is that he is a big whiny wanna be. Watch the review he did on the knoxx….just a big baby and he runs like a girl…he shoots the stock all wrong..”ow, ow I quit”…I cant stands a quitter.

omg.....nutnfancy should change his name to:

nutnworthwile
nutnuseful
nutnbutwhining

ok ok ...i'm done ...i don't want to be bashing too much. but i have shot 4 boxes of shells today. before 10am!!! and my cheek feels great. so idk what he's talking about. maybe they didn't want to give him one for free so he's bashing them, or he's just too much of a ....

ok..i'm done...

The stock he tested unfortunately broke so I am assuming there was some sort of issue with it from start.

Oh cheek slap is possible, the only time I had it was trying clays with it, and that was when we were putting three clays in the thrower and I was getting all out of form trying to be quick…but still not bad ..I have been smacked in the face harder by my Mom.

oli700 said:
.I have been smacked in the face harder by my Mom.

i think any self respecting mom has had to do that once or twice...in my case more than twice...thank god i learned quick. :lol:

DHonovich said:
The stock he tested unfortunately broke so I am assuming there was some sort of issue with it from start.

i would think he should have told black hawk about that. instead of saying it sucks. :(
i love mine. :D

If you love it now wait till you spend more time with it. Something I have really started to like is learning to use the movement of the stock in conjunction with the stroke of the action. Once you get that down you can accurately empty the gun very quickly….I can’t wait to couple this with Vang barrel work…I just have too long of a list of crap I want…and patience isn’t one of my strong points

sorry for the jack Dan, I'm done

oli700 said:
Something I have really started to like is learning to use the movement of the stock in conjunction with the stroke of the action. Once you get that down you can accurately empty the gun very quickly….

please explain...i'm still a n00b.

At first the rearward movement of the gun sliding up the ramp screwed my timing up as far as the pumping of the forend. Since then I have learned to make the movement work for me as far as working the pump. It seems like it artificially shortened the action….using the motion of the ocean. Hard to explain using the inertia in your favor….might just be me

Back