• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Chasing Tail?

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Anyone catch this show yet?

I've seen a couple of episodes and it was cracking me up.

History Channel said:
Connecticut is home to some of the richest suburbs in America, but that doesn’t mean it’s impervious to pests. The state is infested with white-tailed deer, infamous for causing car accidents and spreading Lyme disease. That’s where Mike Andronaco and his buddies come in. The gang keeps the deer population at bay by hunting on the sprawling properties of wealthy landowners. Mike gets the meat and the residents get some relief, but it’s not that simple: a culture clash is unleashed when the arrows begin to fly.

http://www.history.com/shows/chasing-tail

I record every episode.
The best thing is figuring out what towns and neighborhoods they are hunting.
I worked in that area for years.

New one on me. Sounds like I'd better set up the DVR - - more to watch when my wife is out. She likes the furry animals - I'm okay with that. She IS happy to eat the fish that I catch! :D

People pay to have some dudes come out and relieve them of a "deer epidemic"... what have we come to??? I haven't seen it (no TV in my house), but it's gotta be better than Buckwild! At least Buckwild's not on TV anymore... I was roped into watching an epidsode... pretty sure one or two brain cells never recovered.

People do not pay them.
They pay the people to hunt their land.
Most payments are trade for venison or other things.
Watching these guys rake yards or take a party of kids to a paintball range is entertaining.
Aint nobody gonna get smart watching this though....brain cells ARE lost due to the show...LOL!

Hunting deer in a place over populated with deer and people. No sport in this, we have a private lake neer my town full of Chicago folks and you can walk without 10 feet of the deer any given day of the year. I do watch the show when its on but cant seem to find how they are hunting.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

They are bow hunting which is legal on your own property or with the landowners permission in CT.

I'm glad to see this thread on here! This is my new favorite shot because it is hilarious. Then again I find most shows of this nature funny, like Duck Dynasty for instance. I'm not sure though why it's on the history channel because as to what make it historical I have no idea.

I've tried talking to people about bow hunting their land around here. People complain a lot then refuse to let anyone hunt. Same with a lot of the farmers, they will whine and whine about the deer hurting their crops and then deny anyone from hunting the property. It makes no sense.

Back