• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

DC Navy Yard shooter

carbinemike said:
...and the mass shooting yesterday is the guns fault and we must punish lawful gun owners? I have read books on mass shooters and they all have mental health problems:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- U.S. law enforcement officials are telling The Associated Press that the Navy contractor identified as the gunman in the mass shootings at the Washington Navy Yard had been suffering a host of serious mental issues, including paranoia and a sleep disorder. He also had been hearing voices in his head, the officials said.

Aaron Alexis, 34, had been treated since August by the Veterans Administration for his mental problems, the officials said. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the criminal investigation in the case was continuing. The Navy had not declared him mentally unfit, which would have rescinded a security clearance that Alexis had from his earlier time in the Navy Reserves.

Family members told investigators that Alexis was being treated for his mental issues.

The anti's will be all over this, demanding that doctors report any and all visits to a shrink be included in the NICS check. They'll probably want to track video game purchases and on-line players also. :roll: :roll:

Those kinds of questions are already included in Obamacare. Watch yer six.

No AR was found at the scene. Yet the wackos continue to push the AR boogie man. He had 2 pistols and a shotgun according to the FBI.

Tuesday's New York Daily News cover story is nothing more than a long-form editorial that attempts to make the AR-15 (a semiautomatic sport rifle) the bad guy in Monday's horrific Navy Yard shooting. Last night, CNN attempted to do the same through blowhard Piers Morgan. But there is just one problem: CNN and The Daily News are 100% wrong. The FBI has just confirmed that a shotgun and two pistols were recovered, and that the "gunman was NOT armed with [an] AR-15."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism ... -narrative

Well that wont' matter now. Why let facts get in the way.

They've said and tweeted that he had an AR15 for more than a day on virtually every media outlet out there, so the AR15 has been demonized even if there is a retraction on page 9 in the small print.

The damage has already been done.

The sheep already have a visual image of a tall bald black guy shooting people with an AR15.

This is obviously not fact yet but would be interesting if it panned out. Uncle Joe Biden would have to change his home defense ideas:

Authorities investigating Monday’s D.C. shooting spree believe the gunman brought a shotgun, legally purchased from a suburban Virginia gun shop, to the Navy Yard and acquired additional weapons at the scene, according to three law enforcement officials.

The officials said Aaron Alexis of Fort Worth, Texas, a 34-year-old discharged Navy engineer, entered the building with a Remington 870 12-gauge shotgun that he’d purchased last week in Lorton, Va., and was later found with two additional weapons, a Glock handgun and an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle.

NY Times today:

Eleanor Holmes Norton, the Congressional delegate from the District of Columbia, called the episode
“an attack on our city.”

“It’s an attack on our country,” she added.

No Eleanor - This is an internal employment matter - the guy went 'postal' with a specific target in mind at a specific location. Though he had a history of behavioral problems he was able to pass the tests to legitimately get the high level of clearance to be at that workplace.

Friggin' drama queen!!

carbinemike said:
This is obviously not fact yet but would be interesting if it panned out. Uncle Joe Biden would have to change his home defense ideas:

Authorities investigating Monday’s D.C. shooting spree believe the gunman brought a shotgun, legally purchased from a suburban Virginia gun shop, to the Navy Yard and acquired additional weapons at the scene, according to three law enforcement officials.

The officials said Aaron Alexis of Fort Worth, Texas, a 34-year-old discharged Navy engineer, entered the building with a Remington 870 12-gauge shotgun that he’d purchased last week in Lorton, Va., and was later found with two additional weapons, a Glock handgun and an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle.

On the FBI presser an hour ago, the only weapon they would verify was the shotgun.

First thing, my condolences to all those who have lost a love one or were otherwise affected by this tragic event.

In reading the reports down here and in keeping an eye on this forum and others, it never fails to amuse me just how incorrect press reports can be and how quickly people with a particular axe to grind or barrow to push, can jump on the band wagon. I have been involved in a number of news worthy events over the years, many of which I knew the exact events only to see something reported that is almost so far removed from the actual that it could have been another event altogether.

As for those we pay to represent us in government I suppose we have to accept that if it was not for self promotion they would not be there in the first place, however.... It seems that they are the same the world over.

You are very correct sir.

Personally, I take anything I see on TV or read in print with a grain of salt.

Even if you dismiss the personal agenda's being pushed.

For many years now, they have been allowed to say what they want in order to not restrict their first amendment constitutional rights, have somewhere along the way lost the fear of accountability because there is none.

And you have exactly what we are seeing now.

It's no longer journalism when it is sensationalism.

And in journalism 101, they should have learned to only report facts, not hearsay.

And if it is not true, then it is no longer news and turns into science fiction.

Those that practice sensationalism should be demoted or removed from the job position entirely.

Just some ramblings from someone who actually does call a spade what it is.

Given the state of the country, I'm kinda surprised that I haven't been targeted by DHS or others since I wear this cap practically everywhere. Or maybe I have been, but just don't know it. ;) :lol:

DysfunctionalVeteran.jpg

Thought about buying one at the BX a few weeks ago but thought better of it. I'm not dysfunctional, just disgruntled. Guess that makes me a bad man...

Even Fox News seems clueless:
A Chilling surveillance footage released by FBI shows Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis stealthily hunting down victims with sawed-off shotgun.

navyyardvideo397_20130925_164753.jpg

Did the media get one thing right on this????? :evil:

carbinemike said:

No

And that is what I have come to expect of our media.

Lies, deceit, and errors.

Mossy should be a Fox News editor with final say on all gun related news!

No thanks Mike,that would make me a JOURNALIST. Screw that.

What gets my goat it's a 6 shot gun. One licensed pistol carrier could have stopped this early.
Same in just about all these shootings. Friggin' shame.

carbinemike said:
Even Fox News seems clueless:
A Chilling surveillance footage released by FBI shows Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis stealthily hunting down victims with sawed-off shotgun.

navyyardvideo397_20130925_164753.jpg

How do they come up with stealthily? morons...

oh, look, they even gave him 2 id badges to get in. and he's wearing em!!! :!:

Read today where an e-mail was recovered in which this guy described being tormented by ELF (electromagnetic low frequency) waves. He felt that his residence was being intentionally bombarded with these waves and he set out to defend himself, hence the "ELF gun" inscription on the weapon. Yet another perpetrator with paranoid delusions and a history of documented incidents that went unchecked until he snapped. I'd like to see the list of anti-depressant/psycho-stimulant medication he'd been prescribed prior to his waving bye-bye to reality.

So much effort goes into laying blame and finding "reasons" for these shootings, but when it's all said and done those responsible are NEVER brought to justice. This won't stop until liability is placed on pharmaceutical companies and the medical "professionals" dispensing these drugs like Halloween candy...

Back