• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Exchange NIB 590 51517?

FMA1972

.22LR
Picked up a new in box 590 A1 model 51517. Took out of box and it has shiny metal areas inside the receiver, unlike my other three 590a1's. Do you think the local gun store will exchange it for another?

Take it to them and see what they say. Maybe they have another one there.
If they don't I'd call Mossberg for a call tag. (That's if you can't live with it.)

,,,,a call tag is when a company pays for the shipping to them on returns.
If the LGS is any kind of a good store they should exchange it for you.
If they do,open the box in the store and inspect it there. ;)

Took it back to the lgs this morning and they said since I carried out if the store it's a used gun. Offereed to trade me for $50, or they would take the one I bought and ship it to mossberg to re-parkerized the interior of the receiver. I took the second choice to have them ship it back. Do you think I should email or call mossberg and see what they will actually do as far as reparing?

FMA, how bad were the "shiny spots"? It's very possible that they were normal wear marks from being cycled in the store... I mean half of the inside of my receiver is shiny from good use. The locking lug on the bolt pretty much rides against the top of the receiver at all times... so it would be normal to see some wear. Guess its a moot point since you already sent it out... just curious.

Back