• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good Afternoon Mossberg Forum !!

...and my buddies Elbert, Scoop, Djcala, meanstreak, CaddmannQ, Terry, and MikeD !!

Just another day in paradise here...enjoy yours !!

Well good evening from Moonstone Beach, where it was an unusually warm and pleasant day for late October.

We always have an Indian summer and this year has been particularly nice. You can see a little Haze as this was taken late in the afternoon, but temperatures hit 100 degrees Fahrenheit today which must be some kind of a record here for late October.
20171025_171504.jpg
I just put new 10ply michelins on the truck, so it was a lovely air conditioned trip across the 100°F desert of the Kettleman Hills. Once you leave the irrigated farmland of the San Joaquin (desert) Valley, there is not a speck of Greenery until you see the west side of the coastal mountains.

I shot the wad on a "Deluxe oceanfront Suite" with a balcony,
fireplace, and marble Jacuzzi.*

The food at the Moonstone Beach Bar and Grill was absolutely fabulous. Live Maine lobster, fresh Ahi, homemade ice cream and some of the best clam chowder ever.

* all of this Home Remodeling I've been talking about is going to hit me with a Vengeance now, because I know my wife will want to start ripping out walls and putting in marble.

This may get even worse, because I have booked us into the Royal Copenhagen. Not the one in Denmark, but the one in Solvang California.

I'm going there so Judy can enjoy the flowers and the local color and I can see the Antique Motorcycle Museum.

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg forum. Clear and 40 (forty) this morning. The high later this afternoon is supposed to be about 80. That means we will have south winds today, which means I will have a tail wind driving to Omaha. My little car loves a tailwind.

I hope you all have a great day .

Good morning Mossberg Lovers here and abroad.

The Ocean is roaring this AM. It's crashing hard on the beach, and the early morning surfers cannot swim out in such.

The light is still too dim to take good photographs.
1509026835635494334022.jpg

15090270277311651640500.jpg

I wonder if you can shoot these things?

You all have a fine morning and keep your powder dry.

Good Morning Mossberg Forum !!

...and my buddies Elbert, Scoop, Djcala, meanstreak, CaddmannQ, Terry, and MikeD !!

52 degrees and partly sunny right now here in the Delaware Valley...but it should warm up this afternoon.

We don't see pigeons and sea gulls in the area we've been living in for the last 18 years...too many hawks.

As a kid growing up in Philly...target practice was either or...as they congregated in nice sized flocks...

Easy pickins' too...both will sit there and let you shoot a few of 'em...take flight...then land not too far away and sit there again.

A target rich environment for some kid and his BB or Pellet rifle. :D

I have shot birds with a pellet gun but never a seagull. I saw a bird today as big as a large eagle but black with white trailing edges along his wings, mostly visible to me from the under side. I thought it might be some kind of Albatross I've never seen.

I have to go look up the bird Atlas.

Good morning Elbert and to the rest of you early birds.
20171027_072621_resized.jpg
It's about 70 degrees in Avila Beach at 7 in the morning. There's no fog. There's barely any Haze. I've never seen the ocean like this in late October. Then again I do not get to the ocean very often myself. Maybe once or twice a year.

The Inn at Avila Beach is a small old Beach Hotel which has been remodeled over the years into a collection of eclectic odds and ends.

It is one of the funnest hotels to stay in on the Pacific coast and they have anything that you want, plus day serve you homemade apple pie and ice cream every night on roof lounge.

Right now they're downstairs baking fresh cinnamon rolls for the guests. Mmmmmmm.....

They do not have an elevator though and it's four flights from the street to the roof.

Once again I shot the wad for the nicest suite in the whole place, which was quite lovely with a big balcony and a sitting room, and private bath, and a California King size bed.* The balcony was big enough to have a full daybed and bistro table and chairs, and if it's warm enough you can sleep on the balcony.

Well maybe not in October....
20171026_184838_resized.jpg
We ate at The Custom House and it was the best place for chowder and sourdough bread, and they bake it right there.

All of the young sea lions elephant seals have come home to the coast & just a few miles south of the Lighthouse at Ragged Point there are two thousand of them laid up on the beach lounging. Just the pups and teenagers though.

The big 5000lb males and 3000lb females won't be back for another month, and then it will be lots of hot elephant seal action and match fights between big bulls on the beach.

Today we will do some biking around Avila and then we're going to go on to Solvang. Not the one in Sweden, but the one in California built by homesick Swedes.

*It is one foot longer and one foot wider than the regular king size bed. I have rented smaller cars.

Last edited:

57 degrees and sunny in a cloudless sky right now here in the Glen...beautiful Fall like weather.

Good morning from Omaha. The drive up yesterday was good. It got windy about the KS/NE border, but blue skies all the way.

This morning the skies we're cloudy, 31 degrees, and a North wind of 30 mph. Brrrrrr.

I'll be here Saturday and Sunday, then drive home Monday.

Have a great day.

Well we're having lunch on the pier at Avila Beach and all the sailboats are bobbing out on the water, at anchor, as it is 80F calm and sunny.

Those were not sea lions, but young elephant seals we saw yesterday.
10342.jpeg
20171027_134400.jpg

Good evening from Solvang Ca, home to the world's largest collection of fake 17th century windmills.

Every third building (including the Royal Copenhagen where we are staying) has one, or some other equally ancient half-timbered European architectural device designed to evoke the ceremonial opening of wallets.

If I keep my eyes open I am sure to see more than one (decorative) halberd & shield display.

Earlier I had a brain fart and attributed Copenhagen to the Swedes, when in fact it is the Danes.

We're going to go check out the hot Solvang nightlife. It is nearly 7 p.m. so things should be ramping up.

Good morning all. Woke about 5 to rain which is good we needed a bit. Have great weekend be safe dont let antifa git ya. Be leary of anyone with swim goggle a stick and bike helmet wearing black. Lol

Good morning Mossberg owners. And to all you early birds, a special good morning from the fake architecture capital of central California.

I think your average tourist in Solvang is fairly happy to see the streets roll up at 8 p.m.. because that was pretty much the end of it all. We had a lovely dinner of lamb shanks at the Mustard Seed, and normally I do not like lamb but this guy cooked it for four hours so it was perfect.

There's not much going on here at 6:30 in the morning. I'm out walking the empty streets.

"Alas poor Yoric....."
20171028_064209_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Yet another beautiful Fall Day here in the Delaware Valley...bright sun, no clouds...and 63 degrees !!

Back