• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good Morning MO's!!

Seems like Cristmas is coming fast and still trying to get ready.

Picked up some new workboots. Some cheap ones from WM. They are comfy but didn't have the lace hooks like I prefer so I drilled out the rivits and put my own in using Chicago screws and hooks I found on Amazon.

View attachment 28475

Been following the Twitter dumps by Musk. Temped to finally create an account just to see it first hand.
I tried Redwings, Danners and a couple other brands of work boots but always came back to the steel toe/ shank of the Brahma’s from Walmart. Had to waterproof them myself but they were the only boots I ever wore that were the same size every year, year after year and could be put on straight from the box and worn all day. Got 2 pair a year for 2+ decades. Still have a pair in the shop for when I have to kick a shovel in the yard. Still using up the stupid shoe laces my first wife would grab at Washington Mutual bank to lure in kids and customers. Lol E715F618-9F86-4F12-A23B-ED499EF5D1F5.jpeg

I tried Redwings, Danners and a couple other brands of work boots but always came back to the steel toe/ shank of the Brahma’s from Walmart.

I had to get on the Brahma bandwagon and show a pair that I've had for years, now relegated to string trimmer duty (along with the socks). :) I had a decent pair of Bs before this so figured another pair would be a worthy investment. Of course, WM no longer stocked them and they had been replaced by some pleather garbage I didn't even try on. But lo and behold, there is a pair in the "clearance" section of the shoe dept! :) And they were only $7! :eek: They were a tiny bit loose but after putting inserts in, they fit perfectly. Added waterproofing and proceeded to get a couple years out of them until the soles wore through and they would let water in.

boots1.jpg

I got the US-made McRaes from a kid who had decided not to do the ROTC thing and they were brand new. Ugly as sin ;) but VERY comfy AND waterproof. Paid $30 for those. I wear them when welding or it is raining out.

Lately I've been wearing the Sketchers shown. They are the "Outdoors" flavor, have decent water-resistance and come in a wide size. That pair is about a year-and-a-half old. I have a brand new pair in the box I am about ready to put into rotation. The pair before this one was very similar and I'm wearing them until my toes blow out of the holes or the soles wear out. I don't wear the same pair of shoes every day--this is the key to longevity and odor abatement. I also use the Sketchers for my daily 2mi walk on a sandy trail near me. I'll have to remove them and blow the sand out as part of the after-walk routine.

boots2.jpg

I had to get on the Brahma bandwagon and show a pair that I've had for years, now relegated to string trimmer duty (along with the socks). :) I had a decent pair of Bs before this so figured another pair would be a worthy investment. Of course, WM no longer stocked them and they had been replaced by some pleather garbage I didn't even try on. But lo and behold, there is a pair in the "clearance" section of the shoe dept! :) And they were only $7! :eek: They were a tiny bit loose but after putting inserts in, they fit perfectly. Added waterproofing and proceeded to get a couple years out of them until the soles wore through and they would let water in.

View attachment 28487

I got the US-made McRaes from a kid who had decided not to do the ROTC thing and they were brand new. Ugly as sin ;) but VERY comfy AND waterproof. Paid $30 for those. I wear them when welding or it is raining out.

Lately I've been wearing the Sketchers shown. They are the "Outdoors" flavor, have decent water-resistance and come in a wide size. That pair is about a year-and-a-half old. I have a brand new pair in the box I am about ready to put into rotation. The pair before this one was very similar and I'm wearing them until my toes blow out of the holes or the soles wear out. I don't wear the same pair of shoes every day--this is the key to longevity and odor abatement. I also use the Sketchers for my daily 2mi walk on a sandy trail near me. I'll have to remove them and blow the sand out as part of the after-walk routine.

View attachment 28488
I have worn the slip on sketcher’s daily since I quit having to wear the boots. I walk a lot also and usually get 2+ years out of a pair before the toe hole.lol then they get back a place, relegated to yard work. I’ve got a pair of insulated steel toe/ shank MUCK boots for wet work.

Good afternoon. Yesterday the high was I think 63 or so, today about 20 degrees cooler . Oh well, it is almost officially winter. We are going to be cold for us for the next 10 days or so with lows mainly in the low to mid 20s, with a couple of nights of low teens.

I think I am going to give in and check out a couple of indoor ranges. We have quite a few to choose from. I don't care to drive 15 miles, so that leaves out a couple. I belonged to one about 4 miles away a few years ago, then never went. I think now I would use one more.

Ok, enough about me. Ya'll have a great day, what is left of it.

Good morning y'all.

Looks like the rain has (finally) subsided a while. We've had several inches of rain the last week. Usually in the form of slow soaking rains. I think there has only been a single day in the last two weeks where I've seen the sun shine. The ground is saturated like a sponge right now. I took the trash out just before daylight and could literally feel myself sinking into the yard as I stepped. That's not good on hilly terrain. That's when the side of the mountains tend to slip off into mudslides. Hope no one sees any of that.

Will be going to the grandaughters Christmas play tonight. Looking very forward to that.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

The weather has turned cold in certain neighborhoods around here did dip down below freezing last night. We have had frost on the boat yard several mornings now.

Not a lot going on here. I’ve been working on a tail light for my bicycle. This lens came from my dad’s old utility trailer.
13E6CBD2-6FD7-43EC-9DE4-4803374C9960.jpeg
66DAD36D-55A7-491B-A427-49F42C8D70FF.jpeg
This was the dust collector from an old belt sander.
8A119BFF-0BE2-4ADC-8E6E-142377F51571.jpeg
The plastic snout will provide a place to put the batteries and switch.
ADEFD77A-7A84-45BD-8F1C-C29812B7F4CE.jpeg
AA292FF1-0778-4CA1-8C68-20E33EF9C5C4.jpeg

72D7DEFB-B4C5-4A66-B6F6-507EE3C85A5B.jpeg
The backing plate still need some brackets to attach it to the bike.

Good morning to each and every one of yuos. We are having a cool down . It started Wednesday and is forecast at least through next week.

Have a great day.

Like almost everyone, I was laughing when I saw the images of the Donald Trump nonfungible tokens that were offered for sale for $99. Evidently he sold out $4.3 million worth of tokens in about 7 1/2 hours which works out over $500,000 per hour. That’s some serious fundraising.

In fact, it may be the worlds fundraising record.

It appears that the tokens have been reselling for twice their initial value almost immediately.

Evidently he reserved 1000 of the 45,000 tokens in speculation that the value would go way up.

Good morning Mossberg Owners!

I know some of you have been wondering how in the world Kamala Harris seems to come up with these witty aphorisms.

Well this video explains it all.

Good late evening all. I hope everyone had a good day. We are fixing to get some cold weather by our standards late this week. We are looking at 2, 9, and 11 for overnight lows Thursday through Saturday. I know for some here that is probably not a big deal this time of year, but here it is, lol. It was no big deal in Nebraska , but again, here it is. I am not going to be riding a motorcycle, but then again I know how to deal with it from past experience.

Anyways, you all have a great evening and stay warm.

What's all this Global Warming and Climate Change they talk about? Here's Thursday morning forecast for Montana. A wee bit chilly!!!!!!!!!!!

20221219_174843.jpg

We’re supposed to get down to 36° F tonight. It’s supposed to get slowly warmer and sunnier towards Christmas.

We will have all the kids and grandkids over on Christmas Eve as per usual.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Well it only got down to 38°F last night so no panicking among the citrus growers here.

It’s amazing the idiotic things people say to reporters, and our most treasured government officials are some of the worst offenders here.

Take for instance, overpaid White House National Climate Advisor Ali Zaidi, whose genius brain came up with this insightful, revealing, and poignant observation, about the economy of LED lightbulbs over fluorescent:

“If consumers were paying nine dollars for a lightbulb previously, now they will be paying much less.”

WTH Ali?

First of all, who the hell plays nine dollars for a household lightbulb of any kind?

But the cost of every lightbulb will go down, so it doesn’t matter if you were paying nine dollars or eight dollars or two.

You will now pay less. But this makes me start to wonder who the hell is charging our government nine dollars for a lightbulb?

I think that Elon Musk’s approach would work fine with the United States government. Just fire 3/4 of the government, and things would run just the same as they do currently.

Anyhow, today I have to get out and do the very last of my Christmas shopping and wrapping because we start having relatives over Wednesday.

Here’s my lovely wife Svetlana, going out for vodka and tea.
071C00A3-6041-4366-ADF8-A50169B125B7.jpeg

It’s amazing the idiotic things people say to reporters, and our most treasured government officials are some of the worst offenders here.

Take for instance, overpaid White House National Climate Advisor Ali Zaidi, whose genius brain came up with this insightful, revealing, and poignant observation, about the economy of LED lightbulbs over fluorescent:

“If consumers were paying nine dollars for a lightbulb previously, now they will be paying much less.”

I just paid $36 at HD for two 8' LED replacements for florescent bulbs. I don't even think there were floros available on the shelf. Last pair of floros I bought was $16 a couple years ago. The LEDs took me 3 trips, first pair were 6500 kelvin or whatever the rating was and the light was extremely garish and just TOO bright for the office. So I returned those and got the "cool white" pair which were 4500k (I think). Got the box open and one of the tubes was broken. :rolleyes: It was after the store closed so had to wait until the next time I went by the store. Keep in mind that I had to put these in my sedan with the seat down for each trip. Third trip was the charm and the lights look good and certainly equivalent to the floros in perceived light.

I remember when the floro snowcones (Edison socket) came out and were pitched as the great "green" replacement for incandescent bulbs. Supposed to last for decades--NOT! Gov'ts fed, state and local giving rebates to consumers to purchase them. No mention of the mercury and all the other goodies that are in them. :rolleyes: But they definitely don't last that long. I've had at least a half-dozen arbitrarily and sometimes spectacularly burn out with a flash and a bang and consequent release of acrid toxic smoke! :eek: In the floro's defense, they HAVE been providing decent service as shop lights in clamp fixtures once they warm up. But, like an incan, they will pop if hit with grinding debris... ;)

The floros were quickly supplanted by LEDs which have a better track record but some are not worth the premium. "Bargain" packs or tubs of bulbs have not been that much of a bargain when the bulbs barely last a half-year. I still have a number of incans as backups or for specialty fixtures like a fan or fridge.

Back