• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

My Dad got harassed by the guys at work for the dents in his '67 Mercury Comet. The exchange would usually go something like this....

"Hey Bruce! When are you gonna fix that thing???"

"Why would I fix it? My wife is still working on it.................."

The Studebaker my dad bought for mom was a beautiful low mileage car, I wish she’d learn to drive it because I might’ve ended up with that car. 12 years later I almost bought one in Utah but it had too much Bondo.

I didn’t care much for the other Studebakers. Even the sporty hawk V-8 models, I thought were very tasteless in design.

But the bullet nose Studebaker had its own sort of comical charm, with a little airplane perched on the hood and a fake jet engine right up front.

Ours was a short two door Starlite Coupe, which if viewed from the side appears to be going in both directions at the same time because of the prominently curving windows.

I don’t know who was making the cam shafts for Studebaker in those years, but they all turned out to be soft garbage, and they were fairly short-lived compared to the Chrysler and Ford products.

But that styling was like nothing else, ever.

Good morning to some of you, good afternoon to the rest, lol. Cloudy and 36. We gonna have to hustle to make mid 40s this afternoon.

No range trip today, but everything is cleaned and ready. I ordered a speed loader for my PMR 30 yesterday. I am looking forward to trying it out early next week. The gun is finicky about ammo and how it is loaded. So much so I have no confidence in it as far as self defense, but I do like to plink with it.

You all have the best day you can.

Good morning/afternoon. Yesterday was another range day with a young lady that only 3 years ago told me all civilians guns in the US should be confiscated. Well, circumstances change and so do attitudes. We shot my 9 and 357 (loaded with 38 special +P). She enjoyed herself, and was quite good .

Today we are mid 60s. It's a dog park afternoon. Ya'll have a great day.

There's been a lot of talk by the administration regarding inflation and whose to blame. Think this chart provides a realistic picture of inflation rates since 2017 and certainly demonstrates the financial impacts on all of us.

1676346914952.png

Good morning to all of yous. It's 3:40 AM and I could not get to sleep, so here I yam. Today is forecast high 60s, then a downturn for a couple of days.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good morning. We did not get much rain last night. Perhaps a brief sprinkle as I slept. The high today is going to be high 30s. That is 30 degrees less than yesterday.

I have three handguns that need to be cleaned. This will be a good afternoon for that.

Ya'll have a great day.

It was Sunny and dry here but cold. 34F at 6am

I finished up the kiddy bike, and did some welding for a friend today + cleaned my aquarium filters. I watered the garden with poopy fishwater.

Things are starting to bloom here already.

Good morning you guys. 4:30 am here & I should still be asleep. My stomach did not agree.

Today I have to fix the bent tire carrier on a friend’s car. Make stroganoff. Pick up my scattered tools snd vacuum up the chips and grinder dust. Maybe even ride the bicycle. It’s been cold enough to discourage me a bit.

Things in Clovis have been very quiet. I like it quiet. It needs to stay quiet.

But at the same time, I’m getting the urge to go blast junk with the 12ga and .45-70.

Also the .44 magnum is feeling lonely. Maybe next week we can fix all that. ;)

Good morning. Sunny and 25 with a high near 50 this afternoon. Sometime today I will go to Sams, then the dog park. We are supposed to have a nice weekend with mid 50s Saturday and mid 60s on Sunday.

I hope you all have a nice day.

BTW poor Felix has lymphocystis. It’s like a cold sore. This is a virus they get from an immune system weakened by parasites in the intestines. Sometimes kidney disease from poor water and “bad” bacteria.
27B7EA9B-FA9B-4CAC-B723-9E50A1EE1CAE.jpeg
I forgot to deworm my fish over the holidays and this is what happens. Yeah, fish get worms and bad gut bacteria.

I give them Bio-Clean brand septic tank digestive enzymes, which is highly effective, cheap, and keeps the filters cleaner too. It’s like pro-biotic therapy for humans. It comes like granulated yeast, so the fish will usually eat it directly.

Last edited:
Back