• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

The rollers gave out on my sliding steel door after 20 years. Where’s the balls!
2BA89DE2-6229-45DC-B422-B04BD9200F6D.jpeg
678A19AD-95AC-4252-B8CA-ED3D0A2DD1C8.jpeg
After driving to three different hardware stores with no luck I went home and found I had a set of exact bearings that I had ordered for my outboard.

I drilled out the old ones, drilled new holes, press fit in some new shafts, and tack welded them in place.
CDEF6571-E7D2-406D-AF09-BDCAF0DF6EB4.jpeg
I put the wheels about 2 inches further apart than they originally were, which should make the door a little more stable.

The old bearings were not sealed but these are sealed on both sides, so maybe they will last 20 years too.

I’m still trying to get all the rust off so I can put some paint on it tomorrow and reinstall the door.

^^^ Ain't that the truth.

Good morning to some of yous, afternoon to others, lol. Cloudy this morning and a few light rain showers, although we had thunderstorms close enough I could see lightning off to the south and north and hear the thunder.

Tulsa is down to only 100 customers that have not had power restored from the storm the 18th. I think the number they started with was 160,000.

We still have a tree on the condo at the lake but it should be gone this week.

Y'all have a great day .

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

The weather here has been marvelous. Not as normally hot as it should be in Fresno county California. Usually by July we’ve already had Day after Day of very hot weather, but not so this year.

It has been more like summer in Minnesota only without the mosquitoes. Also without the fish, and I’m planning to go up to the lake and maybe change that tomorrrow.

I got my security door all put back together and reinstalled but I’m not real happy with it. I needed to make some adjustments to the door and the track that require removing it from the house again. What fun! LOL

I’ve made a huge mess with all this scraping of rust and painting and I spent a good deal of yesterday cleaning up my work area. I could use a lot more but I needed some time off before I go back to work on my car.

I think I’m going to do that today. I’m going to charge the batteries on my boat and check the tires & bearings. Otherwise I’m going to lounge around today.

I am looking forward to a nice Fourth of July this year. I remember my wife dragging me up to Bass Lake for the Fourth of July one year. It was 105 in Fresno but the campground at Bass Lake was 108. I didn’t want to go at all, but it was with her friends….

After that, I started dreading the Fourth of July a little bit. But this year I’m feeling more positive about everything and I even bought a brand new flag and put it up.

It’s been difficult to feel positive about everything that’s going on in the world nowadays. Today I’m going to ignore it and have a good morning.

And a good morning to you all,

Well I didn’t touch the boat yesterday. Instead I took that security door back off the house and straightened it out some more. It works much better now. In fact it hasn’t worked this good in 5 years.

My fishing buddy is still all banged up, so it may be after the Fourth of July before we go.

Anyhow I cleaned aquarium filters and went to the optometrist to pick up my new eyeglasses, then I took Judy out for cheese burgers and beer.

The weather reports have changed and now it looks like we may have very hot temperatures on the Fourth of July.

I was hoping for something a little less normal. Like 20° less lol.

You all have a fine day.

Good morning to all of you. We didn't reach 100 yesterday, only 99. The forecast today is 102, and 101 tomorrow. We'll see, lol.

Today is grocery day and some odds and ends errands.

Y'all have a great day.

Good morning to all of you. We didn't reach 100 yesterday, only 99. The forecast today is 102, and 101 tomorrow. We'll see, lol.

Today is grocery day and some odds and ends errands.

Y'all have a great day.
Today I heard of forecast of 112 by next week. I am Not excited.

I banged up my fingers in the sliding door and I haven’t been working on the car for a couple days. In the meantime it’s crept up over 110.
B1B2AC82-D898-4ADC-B551-01A647B113D5.jpeg

The fingers are still pretty screwed up on my right hand. This is gonna take a while…
A46DF0B0-DFE9-461F-B74B-37384C8C9869.jpeg

I have been soaking my fingers frequently, both to relieve pain, and to soften the broken nail. It’s working. The swelling and pain are both down a lot.

The good news is I think I’m only going to lose one finger nail and it seems likely to happen soon.

Well one of my fingers has recovered completely and the other one feels like hell. I am soaking it regularly so that the nail softens up and falls off.

Hopefully before I get gangrene.
8931575E-75AE-41F1-B119-3F806EB1CBCE.jpeg

I wish I could say this was the first time this is happened to me but it is not. This is like the fourth time in my life that I have lost a nail and had to regrow it. Just a couple years ago I kicked a big steel pipe in the dark wearing flip-flops and that cost me my big toenail.

I think this is on track to heal up soon, and I will be back with my nose to the grind stone.

Last edited:
Cadd, best of luck for a speedy recovery. Even looking at it is painful so I'm sure it's really bad for you.

Regards

Thank you sir.
The swelling has gone down even more and there’s basically no more pain. After the nail & this blood blister slough off things will start to heal for real.

The fact is that I am healed up enough to go back to work on the car and I am just hiding out from the heat.

Good morning to all. I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend.
It’s strange but I did somehow get to rest up, a lot. I wasn’t planning it that way but for some reason grinding & welding wasn’t in the cards. (Fingers still recovering.)

I did some minor cleaning on the chassis of the Volkswagen, and started cleaning up some of the ugly welding work. I closed up a crack in the floorboard and prepared to weld it, but there are a lot of little holes that need to be welded up and I haven’t prepped any of them yet.

Here’s a good example of things that I’m finding.
F547E0CC-C588-4EB5-971B-9C1C0C740F42.jpeg

This is a patch in the floor pan and it was pretty lumpy on top so I ground it down flush. It’s full of pinholes and porosity and I will probably TIG it all up and make it solid with hammers.
But first . .
I decided to prep the bottom side too, and this is what I found under the dirt.

5C210D80-05FC-487B-937A-64B6ACBB3010.jpeg
MIG wire and big drips of weld metal.
That’s a half inch lump
689C989A-CFF6-4646-B8FE-D3B3A7D01767.jpeg

It appears that over the past 42 years since his car was built no one has found the time to grind this off.

If Only the original welder had a backer bar and knew to use it…. Time to break out my little grinder.

We had my granddaughter over for her birthday and she is . She is working as the assistant manager at a popular restaurant.

This photograph is from Thanksgiving. She has filled out only a bit more since then. Late bloomer. She is 23, & looks 17.
AE3689CC-957E-4060-8E12-1E10C927B764.jpeg
She is riding my canal rescue bike.

The weather here is remarkable. Only 84° today and I doubt it’s going to get anywhere close to 100. I am charging up the boat batteries to go fishing tomorrow.

Humidity is so low that static electricity shocks can be a common occurrence walking around on the carpet.

I’m going to get to grinding & in a little while I’m gonna throw some meat on the barbecue. I smoked a really big chicken for the fourth, but that is all consumed.

Good morning to all. We are going to be in the mid 80s for 5 days starting today. We also have rain forecast for each of those days. The weatherman says we should/could get 4-5 inches during that time frame. This time of year that will be welcomed.

We are heading to the lake today for the weekend. Typically the temperature there is about 3-5 degrees cooler. It should be very nice. I will hopefully get a short ride in one day, and a trip to the local gun range as well. Maybe drop a line in the water as well.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning guys.

It’s going to be dry and much hotter here, with very low humidity and temperatures continuing in the 100s. That doesn’t stop me normally though. I’ve been riding my bicycle every morning And it has been very cool at night and in the mornings.

I got out Thursday and yesterday, and spent some hours grinding off nasty old welding, and cleaning up my chassis in preparation to do more welding.
F153D559-E6EF-4819-9757-3D65B448EE04.jpeg
Things are really beautiful this year here on the Blossom Trail.

E5BFC954-08CB-400A-9B35-F5CBBE906D27.jpeg
This is a concrete trail, and I think they’ve sprayed Roundup along the edges. It runs right down the middle of the street, with shrubs and trees and lots of ground cover.

The newer trails are all concrete but the older ones are all asphalt and are in deteriorating shape. The truth is that I do most of my riding on the street, and we have bicycle lanes where I usually ride.

My wife had to go out early this morning and so I’m gonna take my bicycle out early and I will check you all later.

Back