• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

I have axed about 10 spammers so far. The anti-spam network makes it too easy. I might easily dump someone who does not deserve it.

Last week got quite warm here in the San Joaquin, but now a sea wind is blowing down from the north Pacific, and more rain is likely.

I had an upper gastro yesterday and recovery from the drugs was a long headache. I am feeling much better today, but I am going to loaf mostly, having not slept much.

I thought I’d be conked out, but nope.

Perhaps I will tidy up my battery charger and put it in a case today. Or tomorrow.

Loafing sounds more attractive.

Have a nice weekend guys.

Spring has been OK so far in Flyover Country, although today the temp has jumped to 80, and tomorrow is supposed to be an uncharacteristic 87. More like June than April, but it is whut it are. :)

The audiology place that I need to go had a cancellation, so I get to take the next step towards regaining some lost hearing on Monday. Fingers crossed. For what hearing aids cost I could get a nice semi-auto 12 gauge. :idk:

Spring has been OK so far in Flyover Country, although today the temp has jumped to 80, and tomorrow is supposed to be an uncharacteristic 87. More like June than April, but it is whut it are. :)

The audiology place that I need to go had a cancellation, so I get to take the next step towards regaining some lost hearing on Monday. Fingers crossed. For what hearing aids cost I could get a nice semi-auto 12 gauge. :idk:
A damn nice one…my wife’s hearing aids were nearly 7K..lol. I’ve shot stuff my whole life, a couple years in the service, 40 years in construction, half a dozen years in competition car stereo and at my last formal hearing test before retiring, the PYT running the test announced to the group that I still had most of the hearing of a youngster, to which my laborer chimed in “ and the penis to match”… lol he never had the shovel out of his hands until he drove me home on my last day…lol

Good Monday morning to all of yous. Cloudy today with a high of about 80. Chance of storms late afternoon into the night. Lol, springtime.

We had sunny skies and warm all weekend, but also windy.

Saturday the dog and I visited one of the local gun stores nearby. It’s his favorite because he is welcome and gets a lot of attention. Anyways, they finally had gotten a Ruger Super Wrangler in stock. I have been watching for one since I heard about them about 18 months ago. I now have one and they don’t, lol. However, they have $257.00 that used to have, and the state has $24.00 that I used to have as well. I guess we are all happy.

The Super is the 22 mag version of the Wrangler.

You all have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Today I’ve devoted to cleaning up after myself. There’s a lot a little things that I’ve let go.

I need to take care of them before I can get back to work on anything serious.

Fortunately the weather here has turned beautiful and I don’t think we’re going to get any more rain. The last rain storm put some more snow up on the mountains and that will be welcome later on this summer when the lakes start dropping.

My little home-built battery charger is still just a loose collection of parts with no secure housing. There’s something else I hope to take care of today, because my boat needs some exercise and I need to go fishing.

I hope to get back to working on my car tomorrow but unfortunately today is the aftermath of several things I have been putting off and I can’t continue to do that.

My reloading bench has been basically made useless by half a garage full of car parts. I am getting truly ready for those things to come together now. Still, I want to get the boat out for a little picnic and some fishing first. Boating season is upon us.

I have been trying to follow the news with the Key bridge demolition. It takes a lot of nerve to work under these conditions. I’m glad it’s not me on that boat!

5BCA3D0B-C74F-4336-83C8-02D322CD6690.jpeg

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

I recovered from a years long mistake in fishkeeping yesterday. I never should have bought sailfin plecos on the LFS’s claim that they were only likely to become 9” long. I knew he was lying but hope springs eternal….

They had grown to over 16” and 20” in my 240g system, making daily 25% water changing barely able to keep things stable. My oscars were suffering even with that.
77BEBDAD-3C70-496F-B780-D3C0E16B007A.jpeg
I cut my bioload by 75% yesterday, with a hatchet, as I turned my big plecos into tree fertilizer. They were with me for 5+ years, so it was an emotional experience. Now they are in my pet cemetery, the only animals I have put there deliberately.

RIP Pepper and Dyson

I blame their poop for the death of Felix the Oscar, but of course it was my fault, and now I have paid for it forever.

Mind you, I have been a fisherman as long as a fish keeper, having live-caught my first minnows. I have shed much fishblood. I have eaten a ton of fish. Legions have fallen to my Normark.

But yesterday I had to cry.

I cut my bioload by 75% yesterday, with a hatchet, as I turned my big plecos into tree fertilizer.
Sorry for your loss? :(
I've never been a fish viewing guy. Sounds like a LOT of work for little gain when nowadays, there's an app for that you can stream to your TV! :)
I'm all in for aquaculture though. I am happy you didn't just dump them into the sewer where they could grow to 10' or something like that... ;)

Good evening to all of yous.

Well the years of Obama and Biden sucking Iranian dicks is finally playing out. Same with the Ukrainians. If WW3 doesn’t break out shortly it will be a miracle.

You all have a great evening.

Sorry for your loss? :(
I've never been a fish viewing guy. Sounds like a LOT of work for little gain when nowadays, there's an app for that you can stream to your TV! :)
I'm all in for aquaculture though. I am happy you didn't just dump them into the sewer where they could grow to 10' or something like that... ;)
I have been bringing minnows home over 55 years now. I don’t kill animals without a serious reason. Like dinner.

It’s a sacrifice to chop up live fish and plant them. (Especially pets, after feeding them 6 years of various fish chow = $750+)

Plecos are amazing. They are the dinosaur of fish, and they & their cousins are also the most widely varied of fish.

Loricariidae is the largest family of catfish with 92 genera (so far) and way over 680 species. There so many discovered they don’t even get names nowadays, just numbers like “type L537.”

The plecos don’t have fish scales, but are more ancient, covered in thin bone plates, with segmented toothed hide. It’s like a crustacean, when they get old and tough and covered in rows of little spikes.

The eyes are more primitive & different from all other fish, having the “omega” shaped pupils.

I still keep a fancy dwarf one: Rhino the bristlenose pleco, (who will not get larger than 6”.)
0783E206-5861-4ECC-9BC3-75F3105F7CCC.jpeg

Also I keep an upside-down catfish and these three tiny assorted corydoras cats.

4EE8CDC6-22B1-45CE-A139-58DBD8FF961B.jpeg

Good afternoon MOers. Cloudy and humid today in the mid 60s. The storms last night missed us by 50 miles. I was looking forward to some rain.The weekend looks like more days of mid to high 60s with lows in the mid 40s. Not bad by any means, i do hope for some rain though.

Y'all have yourselves a great day.

Good morning, mid day, or just good day.

I mentioned the new Ruger that I bought a week ago. I just got around to taking pics. Here it is with the mag cylinder in and the lr cylinder next to it.

Attachments

• 9742230C-2146-44B5-9202-9441702465B8.jpeg
    9742230C-2146-44B5-9202-9441702465B8.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 3904CF1E-3024-4FDE-97FC-ABE7CC35BE46.jpeg
    3904CF1E-3024-4FDE-97FC-ABE7CC35BE46.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 4
Here it is with the mag cylinder in and the lr cylinder next to it.
We're expecting a full range report... ;)
I like that it has adjustable sights. :) I had to put a dot sight on my Heritage Rough Rider to get it to hit the target. :rolleyes: :D

rufrydr.jpg

I picked up a little Barkeep for $100 then sold it for $100. That thing wouldn't hit paper at 15yds. :rolleyes: (stock photo shown)

barkeep.JPG

I bought the RR for $130 BF sale a few years back. The .22Mag cylinder was another $30. Then another few hours spent tightening the barrel, mounting the rail/RDS and cleaning the solvent-softened paint off the grips.

At the time, the Rugers were well over $200 as they had just come out. I've seen them as low as $150 (w/o mag cyl) recently. :) The Heritage are "OK" but I would recommend spending a little more to get the Ruger to anyone looking for a "cheap" .22 SA revolver.

Hey guys, the spammers really come out on the weekends. I axed at least 9 today.

I ordered some parts for a welder I am building, but I still need a case, a switch, and a fuse holder. Line cord, minor hardware bits. So far I have $175 in the two main parts, the transformer and the variac. It should be over $250 list, but I did lots of shopping for the prototype parts.

The bill of parts for a complete machine will run well over $300 plus labor. A couple little parts I may have to manufacture.

I don’t expect to make money selling these things. Right now I am just trying to help a friend set up a lab on a shoestring budget.

Here is the guts of the welder we have now. They are out of production.
750FFEC9-FE06-49AA-885E-BEFAA969F614.jpeg
This thing has a high current 120 to 6.3v transformer, and a variac to trim the line voltage. Not much else to it.

Back