• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

This is not the first time I have found myself posting to a dead forum. I’m not going to list them. The past is the past. But it appears that predictions have become reality.

In a recent poll a poster asked if the members we had were still willing to post on this forum. I answered that I would be checking in until the apocalypse.

The truth is that I doubt the apocalypse will come in my lifetime, at least in the biblical sense. But clearly the ax has fallen for this place and I suspect that it will disappear as soon as the current hosting fees are used up.

I kind of get the impression that somebody paid up for another five years, and it’s just about to run out.

So…When I came here nine years ago this forum already had signs of decline. Not serious ones, yet it was showing the first signs of a forum where people didn’t feel entirely free to complain about the things that bothered them, and were starting to bail or get themselves axed.

That’s not really why these places exist, for us to complain or agitate, but absent that touch of reality and disparate dialogue they seem to eventually fold up.

When this place folds, it won’t be because of reduced interest in shotguns and rifles, but a reduction of interesting people.

Meanwhile I will always have mementos to remind me of the last 9 years of fun I had here. And it has been fun. A lot of fun. And I appreciate all the time that you fellows put into making this forum what it once was (and sadly can likely never be again.)

This one is with me almost daily. This is my EDC dress pen, and I always use it when I go to sign papers. Ripjack made it years ago, from some rare snakewood, and photographs do not show off the darkly figured iridescence of this lovely mottled wood.
D18DA06C-3216-4323-B1E3-58F6E7E8D75C.jpeg
I added the swivel ring, in case I decide it needs a lanyard, in less civilized times, perhaps to come. If I grab my keys, this always comes too.

Motumbo and his henchmen are still watching over my shoulder, as I type at the desk. They wonder now if this is my last message to the mossbergers?
447AA992-CE2E-4013-867D-A18392CA58EB.jpeg

Or maybe they just wonder when I will feed them. ;-)

Ya’ll have a fine day out there, wherever there may be.

Good morning to all of yous. We have had plenty of rain this past week. Lots of severe weather as I imagine you all know. I think the closest tornado actually on the ground was 20 miles or so away.

My sons live in Omaha Nebraska. A week ago they had a lot of damage as well from a couple of tornadoes. All of this is not uncommon for this time of year, actually it is the norm. A friend of mine had an airplane destroyed when a tornado hit Eppley Airfield in Omaha. The storm demolished several rows of hangars. Fortunately no one was injured there.

I’m glad the door to this place hasn’t been locked.

I hope you all have a great day.

The spouse and I are from Omaha. We lived there in 1975 when a documented F5 tornado came through like a mile wide lawnmower. I was in the reserves at the time and naturally being an engineer unit, we got called out. Unbelievable and strange things I did see. Caught some looters. Ended up taking a couple of college finals in uniform. One memorable year.

I sincerely hope that they are done up in Omaha for this year.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

The last guy I keep in touch with from my high school days lives not too far from Tinker Air Force Base.

He said the small local airport got hit by a twister that jumped his place then came down again, somewhere down the road.

Their house is only two years old.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

The weather is a little gloomy this morning and we are going to have rain this afternoon. 100% chance they say.

Meanwhile I’m out here cleaning up a bunch of moldy leaves in the boat yard so they don’t turn into a real wet sticky mess.

The leaf mold is pretty thick, so I am wearing a regular harbor freight painting respirator which is almost as good as a real one.
image.jpg

FYI, you guys . . .

So far every single approval notice I’ve gotten from a new registered member has been a spammer.

I have not had one registration out of 50 that had not already been blacklisted for spamming, selling drugs, etc.

I had a good morning. :) Went to an Action Steel shoot in Orlando to try out my new .22LR "plinker", a Sig P322 Coyote (tan) TACPAC that came with a holster I did not use and three 20rd mags of which I only needed two. The gun came with fiber optic "iron" (plastic) sights but is red-dot optic-ready. I did OK with it (my goal is to not finish last :D ), about #40 out of 60 shooters. Some stages I did pretty good, a couple not so good which lowered my overall. I'm used to a Glock-clone (no manual safety), and a few times I inadvertently put the gun on safe which added some time when I went to shoot and the trigger didn't move. :mad: I'm debating cutting the lever right off! :D There were also a couple FTFs that I had to clear. I did the last stage with my DaggerWolf 9mm with a RDS and did pretty good--closer to the head of the pack with my score.

hbd2me.jpg teemurig1.jpg DWFDE1.jpg

Those pistols are very attractive. Such a clean, classic look.

Myownself, I had to give up that plinking. The cost here is now almost staggering. Plus “They” also log your boxes bought per month. You need a safety certificate to buy. Which also costs money. At my age .22 practice won’t make me better anyway.

If I truly need to shoot some varmint in self-defense, I will have custom loads in party-size flavors.

The spouse and I are from Omaha. We lived there in 1975 when a documented F5 tornado came through like a mile wide lawnmower. I was in the reserves at the time and naturally being an engineer unit, we got called out. Unbelievable and strange things I did see. Caught some looters. Ended up taking a couple of college finals in uniform. One memorable year.

I sincerely hope that they are done up in Omaha for this year.

Husker, I was the manager of the Big Boy restaurant located at 82nd and Center that day . I watched as it tore through the Wentworth apartment complex at 84th and Q. When it got to I-80 at the the Westgate little league complex, the funnel changed color from black to brown as it sucked dirt upward. Myself and two employees hopped in a pickup and drove west to 90th and Center and watched from the Southwest Bank parking lot.

I will never forget that afternoon.

Wow! I hope you didn't get hit, Meanie.

Good morning here guys.

Not so sure about the heartlands…

My last friend from highschool moved from Omaha to the middle of Oklahoma. I don’t know . . . Maybe he loves the windy weather?

I need to call and see if he’s still grounded this AM.

About the closest I've come to seeing a tornado were waterspouts off the coast of Miami. Everyone just standing around watching them. :rolleyes:

Hurricane Charley acted like a tornado when he ripped through the FL peninsula. Trees literally twisted apart. I had one laying on my roof, about 18" in diameter. A branch from it had poked a hole and the tree itself had snapped a truss member but not penetrated. Got up on the roof and slid the sheet metal "for sale" signs for the house under the shingles and over the hole and gooped with Lexonite (roof tar). That (ugly) repair lasted 6 months until the hole was professionally fixed. Pieced in a new truss member with new nail plates--that is still there 20 years later.

Wow! I hope you didn't get hit, Meanie.

Good morning here guys.

Not so sure about the heartlands…

My last friend from highschool moved from Omaha to the middle of Oklahoma. I don’t know . . . Maybe he loves the windy weather?

I need to call and see if he’s still grounded this AM.

Lol, did we go to high school together . I spent 30 years in Omaha and now am in Oklahoma. I did a short stint in Iowa and 6 years in Lincoln in between.

Busy day today.

I blew the Tacoma out on the freeway. It was idling a little off, but feels much better now. Lots of running around, and tomorrow I need to go see the tax accountant.

4 more spammers
Again no joy

My Kia and Hyundai are such free revving little bastards, I just keep ‘em loose with Seafoam a few times a year..lol Neither has seen the red line since I’ve had them, and lil white, ( 2016 Hyundai) still has under 10k miles on it, so it might be awhile…

Back