• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa

Does this board host pics or do I need to use my photobucket acct?

Yes it does.

If you post using the "full editor" format instead of "quick reply" you will see a "Upload attachment" tab below the text window...

I want some ghost ring sights.
Still undecided on my stock. Like the way it shoots and points, not crazy about the control location.
Otherwise, love my gun!

IMG_20130825_203535_059-1_zps919d923c.jpg

,,,,,good lookin' shotty. :)

This one followed me home today. M590A1 (51411). I am officially a Mossberg Owner.
IMG_00951.jpg

IMG_00931.jpg

Mkdive said:
stigmata said:
Mkdive said:
New to the forum. First post (hello all).

Here are some pictures of my 590 :)

na6upuhe.jpg

Nice..... That's one sweet 590.
But I got to know what that mag tube cap is and were did you get it? Love the look!

I got it here:
http://www.hfd2.com/#!purchase/c9qb

Was $35 (included free shipping). Mine took less than a week from order till it hit my doorstep.

Just a quick heads up/ preemptive review. I looked into this item about 2 weeks ago. Website was up no problems and easily navigated. I tried to place an order for the "C" type which is for the 590. It was sold out and I immediately (received and email from "Frank" apologizing for it not being available and he asked if I wanted to be notified when the were available again. I said yes and sure enough in shorter time than he estimated they became available and he notified me.

I replied with 2 question about the product and he was only able to answer one in the affirmative. Regardless, I opted to make the purchase as the one question was not a deal breaker.

At just before midnight and within an hour of my order Frank wrote me a note saying thank you for my order and pointing out that he did not expect me to make the purchase because he could not say yes to one of the questions I asked about the item.

SO what's my point here?

My point is that while subtle, this is called "customer service." I have not even touched the item yet and for all I know it may be junk (I'm anticipating exactly the opposite and will be happy to post an AAR once I have a chance to run it through its paces). But the bottom line at this point is that the potential for any product in my mind is grounded not just in the items strength but the strength of the people behind it.

For the record I don't know Frank nor am I in anyway affiliated with hfd2.

So I look forward to posting an AAR on a unique accessory for everyone interested.

It's great to see that there are still those who care enough about customer service to go the extra mile. Thanks for the heads-up and I'm lookin forward to your update...

Points for "Frank". It's good to see the pursuit of excellence is still alive in America.

The opinions here are mine.
I do not work for nor receive compensation from HFD2
I do not know "Frank" in anyway other than as a customer.
I am not a gunsmith, or a particularly clever Mr. Build-It kind of guy. I'm a professional, end user, of firearms.
I am not a photographer (obviously)
Your results may differ.

Ok folks here is the Pumkin Puncher (part 1) AAR I promised.
This item is from Home Front Defense Devices http://www.hfd2.com/#!pumkinpuncher/c1x9v and as you probably have seen I found this item secondary to a photo/ post here on this thread.

This AAR is a "part 1" because as of this writing I have not fully field tortured the device but I felt at a minimum folks might want to know about the business dealings and the academic side of installing the device.

First of all (as previously alluded) Frank McNitt at HFD2 was a no F'ing around standup guy to deal with. VERY responsive communications and humble to a fault. He was quick with answers, discussed the reasons for and behind the device and the issues he encountered during the R&D phase leading to the item being distributed.

Shipping was immediate and the puncher was in my possession on the 3rd day after my order. The package included all the required items AND tools (hex type wrench) and a tube of VC-3 goo for the threads.

The instructions sheet included was straight forward and while this isn't rocket science it did point out a couple esoteric things to consider that folks might otherwise not have attended to. Things like placing the puncher so that the set screw holes are not under the barrel and the sequence of tightening so as to create an evenly distributed attachment.

The puncher is of a good material and is sufficiently thick walled. This item is NOT heavy by any means but is obviously not flimsy.

It fits snugly over the tube cap and that is a good thing since the concept here is that the puncher is fastened in place by 6 set screws and basically just bites onto the cap. Therefore you do not want a loose fit to start. Having a loose fit would mean the set screws would have to be tightened in a more exacting and equal way to avoid the puncher being off kilter and or easily loosened under duress.

Let me just say real quick that the VC-3 goop is some messy shite!!!! No foul on Frank or his product but it became obvious that I have no ability to be delicate when it comes to tiny set screws and a tube of sticky stuff. Easily cleaned up however and if that stuff holds the threads as well as it pasted unrelated items on the table together I may never get that thing off my rig. :D

Ok so fully installed I gotta say the following couple things.
A- If nothing else it looks straight up badass. The CDI (chicks dig it) factor is definitely in play.
B-It's on there solid. This is important because I was initially uncertain how solidly this thing would be since it's ultimately only a slip on device. But as stated, 6 set screws thoroughly ratcheted down with the VC-3 seems to make this solid.

So. I have attached photos. Something I want to point out here is that this is not a "Safe Queen." I will not go into what I do for a living but suffice it to say that this rig and I work together. I sling it in a couple different ways (as you can see by the 2 diff attachment points) based on mission dictates. This rig has numerous upgrades from the stock 590A1 all of which because this is not a weekend warrior, one way, flat range, gun. This is also why I have purchased the puncher. If it works it will be a useful tool professionally. If it doesn't it will come off post haste.

I point this out because as you can see, I have a GG&G sling plate under the tube cap. This actually creates a solid flat base for the puncher to sit against. This was not a plan. The sling plate was there prior because again I sling a couple different ways. It is however a happy coincidence and I think will enhance a solid seat for the puncher. NOT that it would "need" the base plate, I think the design would be fine without it.

In summary:
Thus far, from the consumer side, it has been outstanding and should be the standard by which all businesses should function. The product is solidly designed physically and in concept.
For the money ($40) even if it doesn't work out very well it's certainly not the most expensive gun item I have bought and found useless. Don't deny it. You know you have crap in your cellar you thought was good and it wasn't. :D

ITEMS IN THE PACKAGE FROM HFD2
20131012_172103_zps3fdf8694.jpg

Note the GG&G plate referenced above.
2013-10-12181845_zps7d44538b.png

2013-10-12181400_zps57cc012a.png

The GG&G plate again. This is a good thing I think.
20131012_174511_zps32402107.jpg

Time for a a lil sip and a Macanudo........
20131012_174740_zpsd7d16a9a.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.
Ask your questions.
AAR Part 2 will be the fun stuff!!

Moderators, I got to thinking and my review of the Pumkin Puncher should probably be moved to the "Accesories" thread. Sorry for the misplacement.

Glad you picked one up....pretty fun aren't they? Yeah I can't say enough about frank. Stand up guy.

-mike

Mkdive said:
Glad you picked one up....pretty fun aren't they? Yeah I can't say enough about frank. Stand up guy.

-mike
Thanks to you as well. Had you not posted your photo and the where abouts of getting one I would not have known about it.

I took it out yesterday for a quick field trial. It was great but the video I tried to make sucked bad. I want to try and get some decent video or pics but I'm gonna have to bring someone along to do that I think.

Did you see the videos he made and posted on YouTube? He is sticking a door pretty good while shooting. And then sticking a cinder block with the pumpkin puncher and then shooting point blank.

Nice info pathfinder... Was pondering whether to get one, and now I am. Love the look and function of it.

stigmata said:
Nice info pathfinder... Was pondering whether to get one, and now I am. Love the look and function of it.

I ordered and sent along one of these for chrismetallica1 a while back... while not my cup of tea... the thing was damn well built and solid!

aksavanaman said:
stigmata said:

I ordered and sent along one of these for chrismetallica1 a while back... while not my cup of tea... the thing was damn well built and solid!

Thanks for the reassurance AK. Looking forward to ordering one soon now :D

stigmata said:
dorangolv said:
That's a good idea. I wanted to copy a shotgun build I saw on YouTube and now my shotty is heavier and more cumbersome. Rethinking the whole HD shotgun approach only after spending a couple hundred dollars. :roll:

Got any pics of it???

Yep, thank's for asking. It looks different now though. Removed the ATI Talon Tactical stock along with the receiver rail and red dot sight.
Kept the forend and 8-shell holder, installed a Shockwave Technologies Raptor Grip instead. The Gun was way to heavy and unbalanced with the full stock. Don't think my wife and daughter would be able to hold it up for more than a couple seconds.
Now it is closer to the body and better balanced in the left hand. Light and laser dot are sighted in for about 7 yards. My house doesn't have any long stretches. It's a 2 story on a small square shaped foundation so no need for anything longer than that.

http://utahgunexchange.com/ads/shockwav ... sberg-500/

Attachments

• AFG1 grind f downsized.JPG
    AFG1 grind f downsized.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 283
  • Wide shot c downsized.jpg
    Wide shot c downsized.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 282
  • UTG light laser combo e downsized.jpg
    UTG light laser combo e downsized.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 279
Back