• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Inexpensive Trail Camera Tasco

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
Keep this quick
I ran across these cams in walmart trip back in June. Bought 2 on a whim due to low price disnt expect much but needed a couple more at new place. WOW 6 months in so far so AWESOME for me. Original Batteries still in em still taking picks 6 months one cam has over 6000 pictures at least. The quality of pics are fine and the trigger speed is good good product good price so far. My more expensive cams are slower and eat batteries like candy, but they are older. Looks like Tasco getting my money for replacement cams across the board. Heres a online wallybworld shot, and a couple recent pics from my actual cameras but pic of pic off my tablet...Screenshot_2018-11-10-03-29-18.png 20181105_115010.jpg 20181012_195752_HDR.jpg

Yeah, that is a good price.

I bought a pair of cheap wildlife innovation cameras for about $40 on clearance year before last.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wildgame...5035&wl11=online&wl12=424770272&wl13=&veh=sem

One of them doesn't like transitioning from day and night half the time and the pictures will be nothing but white. Something wrong with the day/night eye on it I guess. I can open the battery door on it overnight and whatever it is clears itself and it starts working right again, but I wonder just how many good pictures I have missed because of it.

And the other camera, the sd card doesn't really lock in place any more. It used to push in and click, now it just pushes in and tries to spring back out, though when the little door is closed on it, pushes it up in there enough to hold it in place.

I have had both bushnell and tasco cameras (they're both made by the same company) and I did get my money worth out of them.

I've probably went through 7 or 8 different cameras the last 10 or 12 years. The bushnell/tasco's have lasted the longest. Literally probably between 3000 and 4000 pictures is about the life span that I have gotten. That's being used 9 months a year. The coldest months suck the life out of batteries and I tend to hibernate like an old bear anymore during winter.

I have 4 older moultrie $$ Msomethings??? Had at least 6 years still working have at least a bazillion pics on em, but they LOVE batteries. Im thinking these newr Tascos while cheaper the tech has probably come along way in few years for better battery life and quicker triggers.

My first trail camera was an old 35mm Moultrie.

Paid over $100 for it at the time. Only got a couple pictures of raccoons.

And this large faked picture--According to the game warden at the time. He didn't even want to get out of his truck and walk 50 yards from my driveway to compare the trees in the background since it was faked.

Whatever guy.

GSuCR20.jpg

My first trail camera was an old 35mm Moultrie.

Paid over $100 for it at the time. Only got a couple pictures of raccoons.

And this large faked picture--According to the game warden at the time. He didn't even want to get out of his truck and walk 50 yards from my driveway to compare the trees in the background since it was faked.

Whatever guy.

GSuCR20.jpg
I have a REALLY oldy somewhere il post a puc if i can find it

DJ, Can these cameras be set up to shoot at intervals for timelapse, or are they only motion sensitive? I've got a need for constant coverage for security application in outdoor environments.

DJ, Can these cameras be set up to shoot at intervals for timelapse, or are they only motion sensitive? I've got a need for constant coverage for security application in outdoor environments.
Scoop I dont believe they have what my Moultries call "plot" setting. That allows to pic duration and frequency of filming a food plot etc. Irregardless of movement. I dont think thats a option on this paticular camera.

Theyre are several trail cams with time lapse interval options they just more spendy, ive used the time lapse before on the Moultries but just briefly it really gobbles batteries, but im sure newer ones are more efficient

The camera like I have will record about 30 seconds of video once the motion sensor is tripped.

If anything gets in front of it within about 45 feet or so, it'll snap a picture. Or record a video, however you have it set to do.

Battery life will be a lot shorter with video than it is with still pictures though.

My cameras take 8 AA batteries each.

I use rechargeables.

Not all rechargables are the same.

If you find some of the newer rechargables (energizer, rayovac or Duracell) with the 2500 Ah rating, those last as long and are the same power rating as regular batteries.

Even the 2000 Ah batteries do well. Though they'll need recharged a little sooner. Not much, but 2 or 3 more times a year.

I can often get 800-1200 pictures per charge during the warmer months. Cold sucks the life out of them quick though.

Since I'm not doing any hunting right now, I brought both my camera home.

When I was at the cabin yesterday, I was sad to see the ground covered with leaves where the salt block normally is.

That means, nothing is coming around.

Damn bears.

Yeah, they hibernate.

It's not like they lay down before Halloween and don't wake up until the end of March though. It's dependent a lot on the temperature. If it's mild, they're out moving around too. For extended cold snaps, especially below freezing, you won't see them. Once it warms up though... bam.

Yeah, they hibernate.

It's not like they lay down before Halloween and don't wake up until the end of March though. It's dependent a lot on the temperature. If it's mild, they're out moving around too. For extended cold snaps, especially below freezing, you won't see them. Once it warms up though... bam.
Key word BAM !!!!

I found the old Tasco i was talking about. I have zero idea of age or how much was used ???? All i know is when I found it couple years ago it was working and it actually still working, i found itvand left a note to the effect of hey if ya accidentally came through our private gate and accidentally walked through our land and accidentally left something on my tree please call xxx.xxxx etc.... And we can arrange for its return. No one ever called ??? Oh well 20181111_141052.jpg 20181111_141118.jpg

Yeah, I had one of those just like it.

If it was strapped to a tree, sorry I didn't see your note.

Can you still arrange for its' return?

Yeah, I had one of those just like it.

If it was strapped to a tree, sorry I didn't see your note.

Can you still arrange for its' return?
Haha actually kinda funny the sim in it had some good animal pics, and also had pictures of some people inside a house too, no one anybody recognized though???

Back