• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: My 88, and G19

I have a heat shield on order with a rail so I may be picking up a light for the 88.

Would be strictly for looks as the 88 is cable locked in a hard case tucked away.
The G19 is hot with hornady critical defense at arms reach in my safe ready for the bad guy if he decides to choose the wrong house.

"Keep it Simple" for Home Defense and this is simple.
added 500 action tube and forearm plus forearm strap;
Masen heat shield;
Truglo front sight;
and buttstock ammo holder.

Attachments

• 091 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
    091 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 723
  • 093 (640x480).jpg
    093 (640x480).jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 722
Morgan said:
"Keep it Simple" for Home Defense and this is simple.
added 500 action tube and forearm plus forearm strap;
Masen heat shield;
Truglo front sight;
and buttstock ammo holder.

like you said,nice and simple HD. very nice set up. :D

And for my second post here is a photo of my Maverick 88 that I purchased in 2001.
05averick88_zps4db95f82.jpg

She's so pretty

Completed as I wanted

Uncle mikes sling mounts
Cheapie sling
Utg stock
Ati heat shield (fingers cross no slippage)

a8e5agas.jpg

Re: She's so pretty

Very nice 408essj! How does it do at the range?

Thanks for posting the pic.

,,,,,good lookin shotty. thanks for posting. :)

Nice! It looks a lot like mine. Make sure that tightening the front clamp on the heat shield isn't wedging between the barrel and magazine and putting a bind on the barrel nut. If I tightened mine enough to stop the slippage, the nut would be in a bind (you never want your nuts in a bind! :shock: ). Seriously, I had to add a barrel clamp to provide some support to stop the slippage (see pic).

Attachments

• IMG_0426s.jpg
    IMG_0426s.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 450

I know about the slippage, I placed a piece of 3m double sided tape at the front site, I will take it out and report back later in the week.

408essj said:
I know about the slippage, I placed a piece of 3m double sided tape at the front site, I will take it out and report back later in the week.

I was pointing out the binding of the barrel nut due to over-tightening more than the slippage. You mentioned the slippage in your original post.

tomservo92 said:
408essj said:

I was pointing out the binding of the barrel nut due to over-tightening more than the slippage. You mentioned the slippage in your original post.
Oh ok now I understand, how can I come by that piece you installed to prevent slippage?
My heat sheild is different it seems,
Mine does not have that rail as yours

408essj said:
tomservo92 said:
408essj said:

Oh ok now I understand, how can I come by that piece you installed to prevent slippage?

It should work even if you don't have rails. The clamp is a CDM Gear BMT clamp (http://www.cdmgear.com/bmt.html). It's a stout piece and can be clamped tight without misaligning the barrel and magazine. I mount it up against the heat shield front mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomservo92 said:
408essj said:
tomservo92 said:
408essj said:

It should work even if you don't have rails. The clamp is a CDM Gear BMT clamp (http://www.cdmgear.com/bmt.html). It's a stout piece and can be clamped tight without misaligning the barrel and magazine. I mount it up against the heat shield front mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda pricey to prevent slippage :(
I don't need the flashlight mount rail just something to prevent it sliding.

Gonna test it out tommorow and hope the heavy duty 3m prevents the slip.

Back