• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: Returning to my roots..."The 500"

Sorry for the web cam pics... this is still the "practice" stock but I added a layer of the snake skin pattern... how does it look?
Photo9.jpg

Photo8.jpg

I'll probably end up doing this to the XTM rails so everything matches. I was wondering...does anyone have an original stock they want to part with? I'd like to try using the Limbsaver one more time... this go around with the proper tools! Wood or Synthetic doesn't really matter :D

Re: Custom work on my 500

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
That'd be a good lookin grip, but boy it'd be a booger to hold onto when you pull the trigger.

Keep us posted...

Behold:

IwFtK.jpg

I've finished it already, but don't have a pic at the moment. You're right, it would be a booger to hold that way. I'm thinking about my options.

Thanks guys, now it's just a waiting came for the stock to come in. If it turns out nice, I don't think I'll be able to run a buttstock shell holder...it would cover up my art :D

How is the reach to the trigger? I've got short fingers :oops: so that would be a stretch for me, but excelent wood work. Does it screw in from the inside of the reciever?

haha get a MESA Tactical side saddle! They are AWESOME! :)

4, 6 and 8 shot I believe

Your persuader looks truly great!

I searched for 2-3 years for a wood stock set to put on my 590, thinking that folks who had pull-off sets would let them go for cheap. I never could find one. I still would like to have wood over the synthetic set.

So I'm envious. You did it!!!!

Welcome to the Forum.

I've been on the same search for a while now with the same luck....

Ever try the birds head style PG ? The one you crafted looks like it would make a great birds head.....much better on the palm of the hand.

Got my Hogue 12" LOP stock in today...but my decals haven't arrived, hopefully by this weekend I get them in so I can get started on this painting project...stay tuned! :D

Paint job looks pretty good!

Can't say I'm a fan of the AFG's I see cropping up all over the place. The rest of it looks nice and solid though. Congrats!

Welcome Aboard!! Afg fore grips are becoming ever increasingly popular in the shotgun side of the firearms community! Be it for tactical applications or just tacti-COOL at the range, tey are showing up on all kinds if models of shotguns!

I used one, I liked it but for my application of my shotgun I found it too be more troublesome than helpful

Right. I've seen them cropping up. On AR's first then AK's now I'm seeing them on Shotguns. It's just one of those parts I don't understand the purpose of. I understand what their supposed to do, but I just fail to see how their that much better than existing solutions.

Kind of like some people view heat shields I guess. As I said though, if it works for you or who ever has them, more power to them.

It's the angle it places the wrist with certain systems. There are many members of this forum and other forums I am with that say it helps with Arthritis and Carpal-Tunnel ease the pain and stress on their wrists

Corelogik said:
Right. I've seen them cropping up. On AR's first then AK's now I'm seeing them on Shotguns. It's just one of those parts I don't understand the purpose of. I understand what their supposed to do, but I just fail to see how their that much better than existing solutions.

Kind of like some people view heat shields I guess. As I said though, if it works for you or who ever has them, more power to them.

I can definitely see you point. I have no issues using the stock forend, and from what I noticed by trying different forarms, I actually like the trimmer feel of the stock/hogue. On the flip side, something like the AVG could help with the ergonomics of pumping. I definitely don't understand a vertical foregrip on a shotgun (or other firearms) since it the position of your hand is counterproductive to stability... IMHO of course. The AVG didn't work for me...I found it to be a little small and didn't like the way it felt... so I'm going to try a pair of hand stops from larue to see how they work with stability ergonomics.

Hopefully I'll have the decals in the mail today so I can finish my painting project!!!! :) and the LaRue's are on their way.

Back