• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

There are many who feel the 410 is more of an "experts shotgun" because of the reduced load amounts that the shell will hold. Though in my opinion, that's the only thing that detracts from it is the slightly reduced range because of fewer pellets to hold in a tight pattern.

If you learn to hunt with it, you are forced to stalk in a little closer. Which, if that's what you learn on, makes you a better hunter.

I taught all of my sons how to use shotguns with .410's. And they were quite good at it too. From squirrels to turkeys at below the age of 8.

I too learned to hunt using a .410 bore because I was too small for 20's and 16's and 12's at the time. When I went to 16 gauge when I was around 13 years old, it was like a right of passage.

I admit that I am rather fond of 410's too.

2022-02-28_10-24-40~2.jpg
Hello everyone. These are my two Mossbergs. The one on top is a 500 Retrograde, (#50429, 2018) the other is a 500 Talo edition, (#52134, 2016). The Talo has a shorter length of pull stock from the factory. The only mods to these have been replacing the plastic safety switches with the factory 590A1 metal switch. Oh, and I have glossy (Retrograde) and matte (Talo) blued 28" barrels for them as well.

Last edited:
Great looking pair! The 500 Retrograde is awesome -

If you ever need a shorter LOP - Limbsaver will chop your stock to desired length and install a grind to fit pad for about $100 - I just sent my model 500's wood stock as well as my hardwood Remington 870's to get fitted and will post pics when they return -

Thanks, RB, for the tip about Limbsaver. I was looking for an option like this for the Retrograde, and I hadn't found a place yet. I look forward to seeing your results.

I will post up pics soon (mailing at the end of this week, they said should have about a 1 week turnaround) - I am 5'7" and am much more comfortable with a shorter LOP

I have a Bantam wood stock on my 500 which is getting cut down 1/2" and getting their 'low profile' pad installed (classic pad is 1" thick, low profile is 5/8")

Remington 870 wood stock is getting cut down 1.75" and low profile pad being installed - I want about a 12" LOP I like the weapon nice and compact and easy to square up to target - Limbsaver is great to email with they have been very helpful on my questions and options -

I converted my M500 24" deer gun over to an 18" HD gun. Set it up for Mini Slugs. Sighted in @ 25 yards and the last 2 were in the center touching. Overall I am very happy. Since Indiana made straight walled cartridges legal my deer gun has been sidelined, so I decided to make it into something I could use. I found a new OEM 18" barrel on Gun Broker for Pre-Pandemic price. I added an OPSol Mini Clip 2.0 mini shell adapter, Rowe Tactical Safety button, XS Big Dot front Sight, CDM ROC12 Mag Tube Clamp & light mount, a UTG sling I had laying around, and a Sightmark Mini Shot M-Spec on a Monstrum Mount. I also have a Streamlight Protac WML coming for it. Now I have a nice, lightweight HD gun that holds 8+1 and has 6 more on the side.

Attachments

• Mossberg 500 12 gauge RS (2).jpg
    Mossberg 500 12 gauge RS (2).jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Mossberg 500 12 gauge LS (2).jpg
    Mossberg 500 12 gauge LS (2).jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I really like that camo.

As for electronic sights, I used to hate them on shotguns, but lately, I appreciate being able to fine tune the zero a lot better with them and have been increasingly using them more and more often.

I really like that camo.

As for electronic sights, I used to hate them on shotguns, but lately, I appreciate being able to fine tune the zero a lot better with them and have been increasingly using them more and more often.

Thanks a bunch.
I felt the same way, but the results speak for themselves. :thumbsup: The ones in the center are the final 2 shots. it is the second sticky target I used, but the final 2 shots were for verification.
Mossberg 300 12 gauge 25 yards Aguila Mini Slugs.jpg

As for the camo, it's an OEM set I got off eBay in True Timber Octane.

Hi all, I have a problem with my 590 only cycling 1/2 way (see pic). I've pulled this thing apart, cleaned the snot out of it, properly oiled it and, I still have this issue where it only cycles 1/2 way. No gouges or damage that I've found. Mossberg has agreed to look at it for me but that leaves me without my toy for a month or so. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Attachments

• PXL_20220314_010952141.jpg
    PXL_20220314_010952141.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 18
Hi all, I have a problem with my 590 only cycling 1/2 way (see pic). I've pulled this thing apart, cleaned the snot out of it, properly oiled it and, I still have this issue where it only cycles 1/2 way. No gouges or damage that I've found. Mossberg has agreed to look at it for me but that leaves me without my toy for a month or so. Has anyone seen anything like this before?
I own 2 500's. I've never seen that on my 500's.

From looking at the photograph, the big black hole in the side of it appears to be missing the cartridge interrupter. You may get better answers to your question if you start your own topic that isn't in the mossberg 500 picture thread.

Back