• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Stickers, Patches, knives! Official Give Away!

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Alright! I've had some help with ideas for the "Contest"!

Here it is;

Its like an "open mic night", I just wanna see folks being creative! So your choice, write something, take a pic and share it, just tell us why youre saharing it! Do whatever, you just have to have a reason for posting what you post! Easy? I think so!

Now, with your post, include, what you want, a sticker, a patch or a knife. Do a first and second pick.

Heres a link to the description of what I have available;
http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2353&start=0

Now, with participation and what you indicate you would like, I will literally enter all the names into a hat and have my children draw names until everything is accounted for, and I will post all results here!

Heres your timeline; You have 30 seconds till this contest is over! :lol: Just kidding! Lets make it a week for entries, and results by the following weekend! ;) CYA!!!

Sounds fair enough.

If I am lucky enough to be chosen, I would be most interested in a knife or sticker.

I hope it doesn't have to be strictly gun related, but here is my Great Great Grandfathers clock that I restored. I'm sharing it with you guys because I'm so proud of it.

It was originally made no later than the mid-1880's considering when he died.

They are commonly called gingerbread clocks.

My Grandmother passed 3 of these down to my Mom. The one I was given, had no innards and was just a shell.

mammiesclockrestoration009.jpg

After a lot of searching to find the parts to fix it, I was able to get a gold leaf glass, and all the guts.

Here is the original broken glass. I wish I could've found one just like it, but no luck there. I think the one I did find suited it pretty well though.

mammiesclockrestoration013.jpg

I cleaned the wood with Murphy's oil soap with a tooth brush so I could get into all of the hand carved nooks and crannies. That took some time to do with all the detail in it.

mammiesclockrestoration005.jpg

And here is what it looks like after I finished restoring it. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.

mammiesclock013.jpg

Thats amazing, beautiful detail!

Doesnt have to be gun related at all, just a little participation! ;)

I believe everybody needs a hobby, cause, distraction, addiction, or a money pit. Something that will occupy your time, resources and money. For me it is my turbo hayabusa motorcycle. It started out as a curiosity, and I was always told that "boost" is like a drug where you can't get enough. I started two years ago working on my 3 year old bike in my home, assembling the RCC turbo kit and that got me from 150hp to 220 hp on 7 lbs of boost.

range005.jpg

range001.jpg

Now I can push 13 lbs of boost, have water injection, turbo pistons on a professionally "built" motor and much much more changes that now make 311 hp / 174 ft-lbs torque on pump gas. I ride it as much as I can when I can, and I am still finding something to mod every year.

gagues.jpg

busasmoke.jpg

20080905strip2.jpg

August - a 2500 mile trip to Reno and Sierra mountains to meet up with some friends.
IMG_1963.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

Any size patch or sticker will do if a winner.

Dude, thats awesome! Thanks for sharing that!

The two of you are sooooo gonna win cuz no one else wants in on it! :lol:

Oh oh Oh...me me me me me....I need to find some pix first.

Yall have till next thursday! ;) Post whatever you want, photo documentary, editorial, essay... whatever!

I've decided that I wanted to do something a little different. Any chance I get a reason to speak of my mom, I usually take it, so she is what I want my entry to be about.

Instead of talking about how wonderful she was; because she really was ;) Instead of talking about the dreaded word cancer; because it just makes me angry. Instead of pouring out all of my awesome memories growing up; because I feel like I had the best childhood anyone could ask for. Instead of telling you that she made me the best mother I can be; and of course it's because she was in fact the best mom on the planet :). Instead of talking about the fact that she isn't here to see my kids grow up; because that hurts me to think about it......

Instead of all of those things, I decided to share something a little more personal. When we were told my mom only had 3 weeks to live (which was a week after her 52nd Birthday), we had to tell her the news. She decided to come home instead of stay in the hospital. So during the last couple of weeks, I had what I guess you would call a "journal" and I wrote down things that she said because I never wanted to forget the last few weeks with her. She wasn't always completely consious so to speak, as the cancer was taking over her brain, and her body was preparing to shut down one organ at a time, so these quotes were when she'd finally say something. So anyway, here is "Things my Mom said during her last days on Earth"

"Wow, it's beautiful" and I asked, what's beautiful? and she said "it's just beautiful".

To my dad.. "I love you forever, forever, forever, forever".

"I love you Michelle". <----- that's me (big smile on my face, lol)

The pastor asked her.."have you been talking to god?" and she said "Oh ya" and he asked..."how's that been going?", and she said "Pretty good".

"It 's really far away"

"The baby keeps crying"....... There were no children around

"Who is that?" *pointing towards the middle of the room*...no one was there

To my twin sister "you are so special to me".

"I love that little guy"....referring to my 2nd son, Hudsen...the only one of my boys that she got to see the day he was born and spend the most time with as an infant.

"Why is god doing this to me? Was I a bad person"

"I'm afraid"

My dad asked her...will you be my angel, she said "yes", and he said, you promise? and she said "I promise"

"I want to go shopping"

"Wow, that vacation in Hawaii was soooo nice" ...my dad and her were never able to go on vacation together

"I need to clean the house"

"Okay" *sigh*...referring to the fact that it is okay to 'go'.

"How's dad holding up?" She's always more concerned for others than herself.

*reaching her hand out* toward someone that wasnt there.

"ahhh that was so good" reffering to the sip of Diet Pepsi she finally drank

"Dont you worry, I'll be okay."

"I will continue to fight, it takes alot more to get your mother down", in reply to the news that there is nothing else they can do for her.

"I wanna go home"... she said this twice in the last week.

"You're my lobster"...to my dad, it's their little joke about being lobsters (mates for life).

"Do you promise to take care of Dad?" to me, in which it was my promise to her and I've always followed thru with that promise.

"Will you play my song?" That was referring to the me, because for the previous Mother's Day I learned to play piano and had a piano brought to my house to play it for her. I played "The wind beneath my wings" which was one of her favorite songs. To this day, I don't know any other song on the piano because I only learned the one song just for her.

*smiles and giggles* even when nobody is talking to her or standing near her

"He's a good man" referring to my Father...her husband of 31 years.

It was very hard for me to choose just one thing to write about when it's of my mom, but I chose this because it's different and meaningful. I am very glad I wrote these things down and will always have them to look back on.

Here is our official First family photo of 4, and our last family photo of 5 with my mom in it. Look at my dads shoulder..... dust particle? Orb? lol, we like to think it was something of a higher power ;)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46635867@N07/6266787454/

6266787454_ac7a4d593f.jpg

**I'm grateful to win any item in the contest. The pocket knife would be kind of cool, cause I can never find my husband's when I need it! ;)

Michelle, thats awesome! Thanks for posting these, am I'm so glad you have them wrote down and will never forget!

Well I tried to add a photo and I get a message saying "The board attachment quota has been reached", does that mean no photos can be posted?? :/

I think that give aways on forums are really fantastic ideas. I have won some in the past (another forum)and even ran a couple to give back to the forum. They called it KARMA.

I would love to participate and here is my reason. I am going pheasnt hunting with one of my 500's (Bubba is his name)

IMAG0030.jpg

For pheasnat hunting it is very smart to wear a bunch of blaze orange. Mossberg does not have a blaze orange hat with its logo on it...bummer! I did find a blaze orange hat that has nothing on it. That I could add a mossberg patch to, so if I win, I would love a patch.

So for my participation part, I will tell a true story of what happened 2 weeks ago to me and my wife.

Driving home from our gun club on Sunday Oct, 2nd.
There was an accident on the highway. So since were only a few miles from home I got off the highway. When I saw the traffic being diverted off the on ramp I figured that I made a smart decision.
The traffic was very heavy on the side roads, everyone was trying to get around the accident.

Coming up to a red light I stopped. All of a sudden we hear tires skidding then a loud boom. For a split second we are fine, we are not hit, it was the car behind us that got rearended.......Then BOOM!! :eek: we get smacked by the car behind us.

Car #1 the one that skidded and started it all
IMAG0012.jpg

Car #2 the poor middle car. The rear bumper went in the back seat for the ride on the tow truck.
IMAG0013.jpg

Car #2 metting up with Car #3 ....My Car
IMAG0018.jpg

My car with $3500 worth of damage :shock: Lots of damage in the trunk and under the bumper.
IMAG0019.jpg

Maybe not as creative or as touching as some of the others but still a story to share.
And I should also add that I think that a Mossberg 500 is about the best dam shotgun ever made!!!

That works for me! It amazes me the damage in $$$ from things like this! You cant tell on the outside, but man its there!

Michelle, pics can still be added, but not by upload from your computer for now, but from photobucket or facebook, etc...

Ok, still couldn't figure it out, but I added the flickr link in my Orig Post. I couldn't find the orig picture on my computer so it's a picture of a picture. lol

Well, besides firearms and ammo...I have a collection of Zippo lighters.

I first started collecting when my grandfather passed away and I had to go with my mom to help clean out the basement where my grandfather had a little workshop and a modest collection of firearms. ( He also was into shooting and was the first person to teach me about shooting. ) Long story short, I happened upon an old Zippo lighter that he always had with him ( he smoked Chesterfields ) and asked my mom if I could keep it as a memento...and for years I've treasured it.

Then in college, one day I stopped in a smoke shoppe to grab a cigar ( another passion ) and spotted a rack of Zippos for sale. I also thought they were like little pieces of artwork anyway, so I started collecting them just for that reason. Then, while traveling around the country for my job with the Department of Defense, I figured that I would buy one whenever I hit a different port of call. Now, many years later...that collection has grown quite a bit !!

Among some of the themes are most of my passions...Firearms, Harley Davidson motorcycles, and travel...(not exactly in that order... ;) ) !! Here are a few examples:

COLT45-1.jpg

SW44MAG.jpg

SW357.jpg

SWCAMO.jpg

HDDRAGON.jpg

HDSKULL-1.jpg

REDDRAGON.jpg

MIRAMAR.jpg

NASSAU2-2.jpg

Knife...Patch...Sticker Bro !!

Michelle, I added the one pic for you, I didnt see another. ;)

Shooter, I really like zippos too! I only have a handful and doubt I can find them all if I needed to.

EDIT!

Shooter, I need to know your first and second pick of items!

Oh thank you!!! That was the only photo. I love everyone's stories so far!! Big variety of different stuff! Love the zippos.... And sorry about the car! Glad y'all are ok :)

First pick knife, second pick patch third pick sticker. I along with my father co own a 70 acre cattle farm. We have 40 head of cattle, we raise a breed of cattle from the Auvergn region of France called Salers (pronounced sa lairs). We use AI and embryo transfer to propogate our genetics. Salers are the easiest calvers of all breeds. They have 30% bigger pelvic areas over other breeds. We sell heifers and bulls for breeding as well as whole, halves, and quarters of freezer beef. I would give our website address on here but it has phone numbers listed so i don't want to do that. We cross breed the Salers to Angus, Brangus, Gelbvieh (German breed of cattle) and Angus x Gelbvieh as well as purebred Salers. We have owned the national champion and reserve national champion heifer as well as the show dam of the year at one time. We support.local 4h kids and allow them to borrow heifers from us to show.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Back