• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Multi-Tools

Leatherman MUT

p162268796-4.jpg

Here's two Winchester gift sets I received this past Christmas as a stocking stuffer...

WINLOGOSET2-1.jpg

WINCHESTERSET-1.jpg

WINMULTITOOL-1.jpg

I have several including Leatherman & Gerber, but this is my favorite. SOG powerlock. The SOG has a MUCH stronger grip & can take more abuse than the others & I have a lot of accessories for it that can be switched out depending on the job.

025-1.jpg

022.jpg

I use this thing to death! I am already on m second holster for it. I actually wore the belt loop out of the origional. lol

2011-06-20214257.jpg

Ripsnortr said:
I use this thing to death! I am already on m second holster for it. I actually wore the belt loop out of the origional. lol

2011-06-20214257.jpg

yeah. I have a wave and an original. Both get beat to heck. They'll outlive me if I don't lose them.

s7_515901_999_01

I got a flashlight to find the BG in the dark,
screwdriver and plyers to fix anything.
even a knife to cut down a tree if I need to build a shelter...

Gerber Suspension multitool is what I carry. Has a cool locking feature that wont let the tools fold back in on themselves without you activating a slide-type lock on the side. Spring assisted, and even came with a nice belt pouch.

22-01471-1.jpg

22-01471-2.jpg

22-01471-3.jpg

I've had this Victorinox since 2001. I use it at work so it has been exposed to sulfuric acid, caustic soda, bleach and a few other chemicals. During that time I have also had Leathermans and gerbers, but the swiss tool is the only one that has taken my abuse and is still working. The swiss tool is made of a much harder and thicker steel. It is not as flashy as the latest offerings from Gerber, but if you want a quality and long lasting multitool you should take a look at this company.

swiss.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like a frequently used item...ready for more abuse.

I never was one to say one tool for every thing. These are the multi-tools in my arsenal. The corkscrew is on my folding church key. I have actually use two multi-tools at the same time when working on something. It was easier than opening my shell on the truck, rolling out the sliding bed and digging through the Pelican cases.

The Schrade, I found walking my dog Miss Kittie in the alley behind where we lived while on contract in Kalifornia. It was covered in rust. Must have been in a rusty tool box and someone dropped it while dumping in a dumpster. Stainless just does not rust. It cleaned up nice. Nice to use and if you search the web you will find they are cheap to own.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• 3MTs_1.JPG
    3MTs_1.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 1,315
Yea...but the right tool for the job may not be with you when the need arises, hence the niche for the multi-tool.

I like handy items...that don't take up much space or weigh more than they need to.

nasa said:
I never was one to say one tool for every thing. These are the multi-tools in my arsenal. The corkscrew is on my folding church key. I have actually use two multi-tools at the same time when working on something. It was easier than opening my shell on the truck, rolling out the sliding bed and digging through the Pelican cases.

The Schrade, I found walking my dog Miss Kittie in the alley behind where we lived while on contract in Kalifornia. It was covered in rust. Must have been in a rusty tool box and someone dropped it while dumping in a dumpster. Stainless just does not rust. It cleaned up nice. Nice to use and if you search the web you will find they are cheap to own.

Enjoy.

How's that Gerber working for you? I was given a MP600 a couple weeks ago. I dont think I like it as well as my Leatherman, but I do like some aspects of it better.

insaneranger said:
I have several including Leatherman & Gerber, but this is my favorite. SOG powerlock. The SOG has a MUCH stronger grip & can take more abuse than the others & I have a lot of accessories for it that can be switched out depending on the job.

025-1.jpg

022.jpg

Nice.

I like made in USA Gerber MP600 USGI miltary Gerbers with miltary nylon carriers. I also like the Leatherman and Swiss Super Tool. :mrgreen:

No cheap Asian junk for me! :shock:

I have several and my two favorites are the Leatherman original PST and first model Wave. I have sentimental value in my oldest Gerber multi-tool but it isn't the same quality of the Leathermans IMHO. YMMV.tom. :cool:

Oh good, we've opened this can of worms again. Since my Leatherman Sidekick was confiscated a little over a week ago I had to acquire something else to carry around with me. I forgot my Leatherman was in my pocket, and apparently they have metal detectors at arenas now. So that's awesome.

I bought this at Wal-mart for $16 because I was too cheap to buy a new Leatherman and risk loosing it at the next place they decide to put metal detectors. America is officially pussified...
81A4575C-744F-4443-B818-EA0FF0AA2B4A-30837-00001AA32708A066_zps15c3fa63.jpg

Sucks about your Leatherman.

I've got an old beat up multi-tool similar to that one I bought at WalMart a few years back. It's cheap, but it gets the job done...

Back