• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My M500 - BAT Pro Series 5 Retrofit

Blakrayn

Copper BB
Having joined the forum recently, and after posting in the "New Members" section, I was asked to post some photos of my Mossberg 500 once I finished my latest project ...so here they are:

This is a 'BEFORE' shot ...a basically stock TALO edition ...as received from the factory:

This is the 'AFTER' shot:

...after installing the Black Aces Tactical Pro Series 5 Receiver Retrofit Kit, along with a few other additions/upgrades.

I'm pleased with the results!

Attachments

• M500-L45_md.jpg
    M500-L45_md.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 157
  • BAT500_md.jpg
    BAT500_md.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 159
I think that's the first time I've seen a mag out of the bottom of an 500.

The knox sidewinder was a drum, but I think that's the first mag for me.

How does it feel for weight with that magazine filled. That looks pretty wild by the way. Thanks for posting, we do like pictures.

Yeah ...I guess it's a little heavier, but not by that much.

If you take this into consideration ...looking at the 'before' pic, there is 5 shells in the stock saddle, and 6 shells in the tube. Now there's 10 shells centrally located in the mag.

With the previous set-up, it appears that in was well balanced; but it was actually nose-heavy, and really wasn't all that comfortable to handle.

Now, after the retrofit, most of the weight (while fully loaded) has been moved towards the center; making it more easily managed, and more comfortable handling.

As for photos ...sorry about the poor quality ...I'll try to get some better photos (taken with a real camera) posted soon.

They are nice and the reason we started selling them. They are a great kit and so much easier to load a mag instead if individual shells.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That is a first for me, I have never seen a Mossy with a magazine. Pretty cool, thanks for sharing the pics and info.

Back