• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New accessories for the FLEX 590 arrived

Thx JC and welcome to the forum :D

I got this particular sling mount from a member here, but he doesn't sell them (but maybe he will soon).
But u can get them from anywhere like amazon or any site that sales accssories for 500/590 (they all pretty much fit the flex), there many different variants and brands to suit your taste.

As for the hogue grip, all you need is a Allen wrench (long ones work better IMO) to remove the bolt in the grip and a drill to shave off a little for the slotted round area inside the grip handle so it fits the flex pistol grip base (see pg 1 of this thread). There is a slight difference in the AR grip I bought to the FLEX grip where it installes, but nothing that can't be made to fit with a little time and patience.

Congratulations on your flex JC, and if you need help with it, I'd be more than happy to assist you, just ask away, BUT when your done you got to post pics of your work, we love to see that here on the forum.

Hello Everyone. I just purchased my first Mossberg this weekend, and it happens to be a 500 FLEX. I really liked the idea of the interchangeable system, but was wondering if Mossberg had any specific light in mind when they designed the tactical forend with the velcro pads?
It seems like any light with a pressure pad has a long lead, so it could be attached to the tube and have slack when the shotgun was cycled, which makes sense. The other option would be to have it mounted to the rail and operated normally...is it their intent to let us choose from one or the other, or is there some specific setup that has a short-wired pressure pad that would attach to the forend and use the pressure pad.

Thanks for you're patience, and help. It is very much appreciated.

NJODFLEX said:
Hello Everyone. I just purchased my first Mossberg this weekend, and it happens to be a 500 FLEX. I really liked the idea of the interchangeable system, but was wondering if Mossberg had any specific light in mind when they designed the tactical forend with the velcro pads?
It seems like any light with a pressure pad has a long lead, so it could be attached to the tube and have slack when the shotgun was cycled, which makes sense. The other option would be to have it mounted to the rail and operated normally...is it their intent to let us choose from one or the other, or is there some specific setup that has a short-wired pressure pad that would attach to the forend and use the pressure pad.

Thanks for you're patience, and help. It is very much appreciated.

Hi and congrats on the flex purchase......
From my understanding it is not specific to any one light. Anyone with a pressure pad should work on it within the pad size of course.
I am not too big on the pressure pad lights myself for my flex, I'd prefer a rail mounted one that I can just push the rear button on, but that's just my preference.
There are different ones out there on amazon and places like opticsplanet.com and other sites to find what u need.

I haven't purchased it yet, but it was recommended to me. UTG has a Defender Series Weapon and Handheld Tactical Xenon Flashlight that mounts to the picatinny rail of Flex's tactical forestock. It gives you the option of a rear push button or a remote pressure switch. I found it on Amazon for $35, and it's on my wish list. Take a look at it and see what you think.

KStewart said:
I haven't purchased it yet, but it was recommended to me. UTG has a Defender Series Weapon and Handheld Tactical Xenon Flashlight that mounts to the picatinny rail of Flex's tactical forestock. It gives you the option of a rear push button or a remote pressure switch. I found it on Amazon for $35, and it's on my wish list. Take a look at it and see what you think.

For a shotgun you should consider an LED light instead of a Xenon one since your mounting it on your shotgun. The recoil the shotgun produces is pretty severe even when shooting low recoil shells. UTG sells some LED lights as well on Amazon.com.

Tony617! said:
KStewart said:

For a shotgun you should consider an LED light instead of a Xenon one since your mounting it on your shotgun. The recoil the shotgun produces is pretty severe even when shooting low recoil shells. UTG sells some LED lights as well on Amazon.com as well.

Good advice Tony.... :mrgreen:

Got a few more items for the flex.....

FAB defense tri-rail forend, 6 1/2" action slide tube and a Hogue extender nut

Ergo hand stops.....

All together.....

Hey Stig not trying to hijack your thread but can you give me a quick run down on how I can install a sling on the Flex 590?

Hey stigmata, did you ever install the ati heat shield? I have the same gun as you and was wondering if that would fit or not because there site says wont fit extended mag tubes....Let me know please.

Moss590Flex said:
Hey stigmata, did you ever install the ati heat shield? I have the same gun as you and was wondering if that would fit or not because there site says wont fit extended mag tubes....Let me know please.

Welcome moss590flex.....
Actually I have not installed the ATI heatshield primarily because I ordered the ATI and ended up getting the OEM mossberg heatshield from a member here first so I installed that and haven't taken it off since.
From my understanding it should fit, but i personally havent installed it yet (its still in the box) ..... But I do intend on getting another 590 or possibly 500 I can use it on sometime in the near future or if I come across a good deal.....
I have installed plenty of other items on the flex, so if I can help you with something else, I'll be More than glad to.
When I get home in a bit, I'll pull out the ATI HS and let you know if it will work.

Its been a while since I updated this post but been busy working after retirement.... Lol..... Go figure. But I have added more sweet updates I'll have to share with u all...... Look fwd to the posts soon.....

stigmata said:
Moss590Flex said:

Welcome moss590flex.....
Actually I have not installed the ATI heatshield primarily because I ordered the ATI and ended up getting the OEM mossberg heatshield from a member here first so I installed that and haven't taken it off since.
From my understanding it should fit, but i personally havent installed it yet (its still in the box) ..... But I do intend on getting another 590 or possibly 500 I can use it on sometime in the near future or if I come across a good deal.....
I have installed plenty of other items on the flex, so if I can help you with something else, I'll be More than glad to.
When I get home in a bit, I'll pull out the ATI HS and let you know if it will work.

Thank you, and yeah if you can let me know if that ati fits id appreciate it. Im waiting to figure out if it will before I order one. I appreciate the help on any other questions I may have as well with the flex. Took it out today and shot 50 rounds and I love it so far!

Moss590Flex said:
Thank you, and yeah if you can let me know if that ati fits id appreciate it. Im waiting to figure out if it will before I order one. I appreciate the help on any other questions I may have as well with the flex. Took it out today and shot 50 rounds and I love it so far!

Ok....
So I pulled out the Halo HS and put it over my HS and it looks like a pretty good fit overall, but I didn't tighten anything down, and it is clear of the mag tube nut, so that's is not an issue at all. It even has instructions for the long mag tube install. All bolts go inbetween the barrel and mag tube to tighten everything up. The kit comes with 2 piccany short rails, but I also purchased the long ones as well since I wanted that larger rails. I don'tsee you having any issues on the iinstall IMO.

As for right now, I don't plan on getting rid of the Halo HS any time soon, but thx for the offer though.

If u need help with anything else, let me know.

Thanks, I bought a cheap shield and it didnt work because the forend hit the ring of the hs when cocked back so it wouldnt go back all the way. Ati says they dont have any hs that will fit the flex 590 so I was hoping yours worked.

Latest update......

So I finally got the wicked factor added on.
Got the HFD2 pumpkin puncher for the flex..... :mrgreen:

Just love the look and the back up use.jic I run out of ammo, should serve just fine for collateral damage.

Back