• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Post news links of burglaries with multiple assailants

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
FpNKeeW.jpg

This topic is meant to showcase how often multiple assailants break into a home. Mostly to document the NEED of having "regular capacity" magazines and other firearms that the enemy doesn't want us to have.

I am editing and updating the topic to add this new website that I just found that lists as many defensive shootings and other details (like multiple assailants/etc). I'll also include the new website in the current last topic to give the post a bump and so it can be more visible to any of us who have more than a passing interest in the topic.

"According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, almost every major study on defensive gun use has found that Americans use their firearms defensively between 500,000 and 3 million times each year. "

https://www.heritage.org/data-visua...30.1940526719.1588085711-128709172.1586445667

defensive shooting.JPG

Here's a link below that shows the four survivors (one died in the attack) of a deadly home invasion in Florida.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/30-rounds-fired-by-ar15-in-florida-home-invasion-shootout

view

GLEN ST. MARY, Fla - Three men say they were asleep inside a mobile home in Glen St. Mary about 4 a.m. Sunday when they heard a voice outside yell “Sheriff’s Office!” before the front door burst open.

In stormed a masked gunman who fired off a single round before two of the men inside, one armed with an AR-15 rifle and the other with a handgun, emerged from two bedrooms and opened fire.

Gunfire ripped into the masked gunman and two other intruders, who crumpled to the floor with multiple gunshot wounds.

Those details surfaced Tuesday when the Baker County Sheriff’s Office released an arrest report linked to this weekend’s home invasion turned deadly triple shooting.

Five people are charged in the case.

http://www.live5news.com/story/1465...er-overnight-fatal-shooting-in-kershaw-county

Fifth arrest in deadly home invasion, kidnapping

5th suspect: Randy Lewis

4th suspect: Arthur Macklin III

(From left) Singleton, Lewis and Drakeford

The Sandspur Road crime scene.

SLED agents enter the Kirkwood Towns Apartments.

KERSHAW COUNTY, SC (WIS) – Kershaw County deputies arrested a fifth person Wednesday morning in connection with a deadly home invasion and kidnapping Monday night.

Sheriff Jim Matthews said 26-year-old Randy Lewis has been charged with armed robbery and conspiracy to commit armed robbery. Lewis' arrest comes a day after four others were taken into custody.

On Tuesday, Kershaw County deputies, SLED agents and Camden police arrested Frank Terrance Singleton III, 23, Curtis Quandal Drakeford, 20, and Jerome Ricky Lewis, 34, all of Camden. Deputies later arrested a fourth suspect, Arthur Macklin III.

The men are believed to have shot and killed 39-year-old Michael Hayes in his Sandspur Road home late Monday night, and kidnapped his common-law wife and their 5-day-old-baby. They're also suspected in a recent string of home invasions and armed robberies across the county.

Matthews said Singleton will be charged with murder, armed robbery, burglary, two counts of kidnapping, and weapons charges. Drakeford will be charged with murder, accessory after the fact and armed robbery. Macklin III has been charged with murder, kidnapping (2 counts), armed robbery, burglary 1st and conspiracy.

Jerome Lewis has been charged with murder, armed robbery, two counts of kidnapping, and burglary. Matthews said other charges in connection with the three other home invasions and armed robberies that occurred last week are likely.

"We had a pretty good idea who some of these people were," said Matthews. "There was probably 30 officers out in the county looking for these guys, and were able to track them down and catch them."

Investigators believe the deadly home invasion was not random. "We have a reasonable degree of information that this incident was the result of drugs," said Matthews, who added that a large amount if marijuana and cocaine was found in the victim's house.

"I feel comfortable after talking to the sheriff," said Police chief Joe Floyd. "People should be a little less anxious at the end of the day today."

Investigators say three armed men dressed in black kicked in the door to Hayes' home near the city of Camden just before 11:30 p.m. Monday in the Knight's Hill community.

According to Hayes' common-law wife, who was in the house at the time, the men ordered her and Hayes to the floor and demanded money. The armed men demanded Hayes open his safe, according to the woman.

Investigators say when Hayes was unable to open his safe, the three shot him multiple times. After shooting Hayes, they then turned the gun on the woman and demanded that she open the safe.

When the woman could not open the safe, she asked the robbers to take the safe, according to investigators. They took the safe and the woman along with her infant and forced her into her car.

The three men then demanded the woman drive them to another location, where they had a car waiting.

The men left in a getaway car, leaving the child and the woman in the other car unharmed. Investigators have not disclosed that location but said the woman was able to go to a nearby house to call 911.

Sheriff Matthews says that while there are similarities between this home invasion and the three others that have plagued his county it is too early to say if the same suspects are responsible for all of them.

"Kershaw County deputies and SLED agents are currently searching the county for a person of interest in the earlier home invasion." Matthews says.

Investigators are also trying to determine if they are responsible for an armed robbery at a Food Lion in Camden Monday morning.

Matthews said a .38 caliber gun was used in the first three robberies. A .40 caliber gun was used in Monday night's fatal home invasion, according to the sheriff. "We've got our eye on one man we think is responsible for first three invasions," said Matthews. "We want to talk with him for more information."

Deputies closed off the entrance to Sandspur Lane overnight while investigators processed the scene.

The robberies caused some people who say they've never owned guns to go shopping. "We was looking at buying a gun because people acting crazy around here," said Amanda Mitchell.

A bond hearing for all of the suspects is scheduled for Thursday. Matthews said that the kidnapping charge is a "non-bondable" offense and it is likely that these men will remain in jail until trial.

Last edited:
http://pinellascounty.wtsp.com/news/news/59921-mother-bound-held-hour-during-home-invasion

Mother bound, held for an hour during home invasion
beauzimmer.jpg

Submitted by Beau Zimmer, Reporter
Wednesday, May 18th, 2011, 7:42am

110517111451_home-invasion_2.jpg

Photo gallery: Largo home invasion
Largo, Florida -- A Bay area mother is recovering after a terrifying home invasion Tuesday morning. She was bound and held captive for nearly an hour. It happened around 10:42 a.m. at the home on 114th Terrace North near Lake Seminole.

Pinellas Sheriff's investigators say two men barged into the house armed with guns and a knife and bound the woman's hands and feet while they tore up the home in search of valuables.

"They told me my youngest son got into trouble at school," said the 46-year-old victim, who says she was tricked into opening the door. She asked not to be identified to protect her family. "I thought my life was going to be over."

The two men escaped with jewelry and other items from the home and also stole the family's 2008 Mercedes Benz C-300. The car has dark-tinted windows, chrome rims, and a Florida tag: 674-VVM.

Neighbors reported hearing screams, but because of the time, thought it sounded like a family argument.

"We watch out for each other. That's what makes me sick. I didn't know what was going on," said neighbor Kathy Brothers.

The victim was uninjured other than bruising to her wrist and ankles from being tied up.

The sheriff's office is investigating the home invasion and looking for the two suspects.

One is described as a white man in his mid-40's, about 6' tall, with dark slicked-back hair. The second is a black man in his late 30's to early 40's. He has a muscular build, is about 6'2" with short hair and gold teeth.

Anyone with information on what happened is asked to call the Pinellas County Sheriff's Robbery/Homicide Detective Carl Vitro at 727-582-6200. Or to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS.

Last edited:
http://www.telegram.com/article/20110518/NEWS/110519585

By Scott Croteau TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF
Posted May 18, 2011 at 1:00 PM Updated May 18, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Four people were arrested last night in an attack and home invasion that police believe involved some kind of domestic dispute.

Officer Timothy Desmarais was in the Baldwinville section of town about 10:30 p.m. when he was called to the area of Pleasant Street for what at first appeared to be a gunshot.

The officer then saw three men running in front of 10 Pleasant St.
Investigators learned that a group of men had allegedly broken in the front door of the home there with pipes and baseball bats, causing the noise that attracted the officer’s attention.

Police found two people in the house, an 18-year-old man and 37-year-old woman. The man’s face was cut, police said.

Templeton, Winchendon, Gardner and state police, as well as a dog from the state Department of Correction began to scour the area. They were able to find one suspect within minutes and track down three more.

“The motive for the incident is still under investigation, but appears at this stage of the investigation to be domestically related, as one of the victims and one the defendants may be related to each other,” police said.

Arrested were: Gary L. Hanks, 47, of 68 Winchendon Road, Templeton; John F. Shaw Jr., 22, of 180 Popple Camp Road, Petersham; Kristen L. Balins, 39, of 17 Nichols St., Gardner; and a 16-year-old boy. They were all charged with home invasion, breaking and entering in the nighttime to commit a felony, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, destruction of property worth more than $250 and conspiracy.

http://abc13.com/deputies-man-beaten-shot-during-home-invasion-in-nw-harris-co/3180677/

Tuesday, March 06, 2018
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --
Deputies say a man was beat up and shot during a violent home invasion on Enchanted Forest in northwest Harris County

Deputy constables are looking for suspects in a violent home invasion where a man was beaten and shot.

It happened around 1 a.m. Tuesday at the 8200 block of Enchanted Forest in northwest Harris County.

The Precinct 1 deputy constable's office told ABC13 that a woman and a child were in the home when several people broke in.

The man who was shot appeared to be okay when he was taken away in an ambulance.

The suspects were able to get away. It's not known if they stole anything from the house.

http://wtkr.com/2014/01/05/one-person-shot-and-another-injured-in-home-invasion-in-jcc/

James City County, Va. – Four men have been arrested after a man was shot during a home invasion robbery in James City County Saturday night.

Christopher Allen Williams, Jr., 21, Devonte J. Hayes, 21, D’Andre Andrews Hardy, 21, all of Williamsburg and Marklin Antonio Mitchell, Jr., 21, of White Plains, NY are all being held without bond at the Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail. The four were all charged with robbery and attempted murder.

A man inside the apartment when it all happened told Newschannel 3 he recognized some of the suspects from the neighborhood.

“I looked in the hall and heard another boom, and I seen them come in the door guns blazed and they said get on the floor and I just ran back into the room hopped in the closet,” said Christopher Adkins.

Adkins said his one and three year old were inside the apartment during the invasion.

“I’m definitely on high alert now really got to feel like I have to protect my family,” said Adkins.

According to police the four forced their way into a unit at the Lafayette Village Apartments on Lafayette Blvd. around 9pm Saturday wearing bandanas over their faces and carrying handguns and shotguns.

Police said the men were looking for money.

A 16-year-old male was hit over the head with a chair and a 20-year-old man was shot in the neck and upper arm. The shooting victim was conscious and flown by helicopter to MCV Hospital in Richmond for surgery. Police say he will be okay.

A witness reported seeing the suspects in a gold Ford Taurus. About an hour and a half later, James City County Police located the Taurus in the 1900 block of Algonquin Trail.

Police stopped the car in the parking lot at the 7-Eleven Grove on Pocahontas Trail and arrested two men. Two addition suspects were found a short time later walking in the area of Algonquin Trail and were arrested as well.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/34325665/update-victims-identified-in-deadly-waynesboro-home-invasion

The Burke County Sheriff's Office is investigating a home invasion in Burke County.
According to Sheriff Alfonzo Williams, there was a reported home invasion on the 5000 block of River Road in Waynesboro Monday afternoon. Deputies arrived on the scene to find two people dead from gunshot wounds. A third is being transported to an area hospital. There is no word on the third person's condition at this time.

Officials at the scene tell FOX 54 two suspects reportedly fled the scene in a vehicle. There are no descriptions of the vehicle or suspects.

We will update this story as more information becomes available.

UPDATE: Victims identified in deadly Waynesboro home invasion

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 6:14 pm EDTTuesday, January 24th 2017, 5:07 pm EDT
By J. Bryan Randall, Digital Content Manager
Connect

Deadly home invasion in Waynesboro 1/23/17 (WFXG)
Locals pray near scene of deadly home invasion 1/23/17 (WFXG) WAYNESBORO, GA (WFXG) -
UPDATE: The two men killed in Monday night's home invasion on River Road in Waynesboro have been identified. The Burke County Coroner's Office has identified the victims as sixty-five-year-old Marshall Jordan and sixty-four-year-old Louis Grubbs. A third man, sixty-five-year-old Walter Smith, was shot in the leg and taken to an area hospital for surgery.

According to the Burke County Sheriff's Office, the call came in at around 2:35 p.m. The investigation revealed that two unidentified men entered the home on the 5000 block of River Road and fired several shots before fleeing. The sheriff's office and GBI believe the shooting is an isolated incident.

The deceased men's bodies have been taken to the GBI crime lab in Atlanta for autopsy.

This is like an everyday occurrence in the Tulsa area. The conservatives want people to be able to have guns for home protection, and the liberals think most of these criminals should not be in prison.

Just a quick math check.

If 4 armed criminals break into my house, all brandishing and carrying semiauto handguns, I can estimate that combined they are carrying anywhere from 32 rounds at minimum and up to 120 bullets if they all are carrying goofy aftermarket stuff that often do not feed properly but there is a rare occasion that they might.

Why should I be limited by the government to only have 7 to 10 rounds on tap to defend myself with?

Those seem like some very lop-sided odds in the criminals favor.

Not to mention the fact they are trying to surprise you no less. Just another example of liberal lack of common sense.

http://www.wtol.com/story/38330717/...-with-ak-47?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -
Two men were shot and killed while trying to burglarize a home

"I see my house being ransacked and the dog was still going hysterical in the cage," he said. "When he saw me he notified the other individual that was with him, 'hey, they are here.'"

That's the moment he said when the suspected burglars pulled out guns, but he was able to get to a hall closet to get his.

"I had my own personal AK-47," he said.

The homeowner admits it's not the first time there's been a shooting at his home. Police markings show where the home was shot up less than a year ago.

The homeowner gave video evidence confirming his story and is not recommended to be prosecuted.

I for one hope I am never faced with a home invasion or carjacking. That being said I want to be as prepared as possible.

The scenarios mentioned here are not unusual occurrences these days. Homeowners that spend a little time thinking about what if, and planning action to be taken usually fare better.

UPDATE: Three charged with murder in Cleveland apartment home invasion
Charged are Nathan Bean, 18; Derrick Brown, 18; and Jackie Ingram, 22.
Monday, December 12th 2016, 12:47 am EST by WRCB Staff & Tim Pham
Updated: Thursday, December 29th 2016,
wrcbtv link

UPDATE: Cleveland police confirm to Channel 3 that three people are being charged with the first-degree murder in the death of 18-year-old Adam Johnson at the Springbrook Apartments in December.

Police said Nathan Bean, 18; Derrick Brown, 18; and Jackie Ingram, 22 are charged with murder.

Investigators said the victim, Adam Johnson, was an accomplice in the home invasion with Bean, Brown, and Ingram. Sargent Evie West with the Cleveland Police Department said, a person who lived in the apartment fatally shot Johnson and injured Nathan Bean.

"Matching that information with evidence at the scene would allow investigators determine who to charge in this,” Sgt. West said.

Even though they did not pull the trigger, Tennessee law allows a murder charge if anyone dies during a violent crime, like home invasion.

“In this case it does appear that Adam Johnson, Nathan bean, Jackie Ingram and Derrick brown were suspects committed to committing a violent crime at that apartment,” Sgt. West said.

Ingram and Brown appeared in a Bradley County courtroom Wednesday.18-year-old Nathan Bean, was a minor at the time of the incident, he's expected to appear in juvenile court at a later date.

"We do have other charges pending on other individuals once they are identified and located,” Sgt. West added.

Even though the death involved someone committing a crime, that doesn't make residents like Makayla feel much better.

"Knowing it was so close to my apartment where my kids are, knowing that they could've drove by and shot my kids been out playing it's just terrifying, I barely got any sleep,” Makayla said.

Cleveland police say they are still reviewing evidence and searching for another person in connection with the crime. If you have any information you're asked to call police.

2 arrested, 3 guns siezed in Madison home invasion
Posted: Mar 12, 2018 11:07 PM EDT Updated: Mar 26, 2018 11:07 PM EDT
MADISON, TN (WSMV) - WSMV link
Police recovered three guns and apprehended two suspects in relation to a home invasion on Ocoee Trail in Madison around 1 a.m. on Monday.

One of the weapons obtained by police was an AR-15 recently stolen from a gun store in Oak Grove, Kentucky.

Officials say, Lorenzo Butler, 18, and Jamarius Cummins, 20, were both arrested and charged with aggravated robbery and aggravated burglary.

They are being each being held in lieu of a $100,000 bond.

The victim told police she and her friends were robbed at gunpoint inside her home.

The suspects stole three cellphones, a 42-inch television, cash and a PlayStation game system. They also fired a shot into the couch inside the apartment.

One of the victims managed to dial 911 before handing over their phone to the suspects. The call remained active for several minutes, allowing dispatchers to pinpoint the robber's location as they fled in a silver Nissan.

Police were pursuing the vehicle by the time they reached Barbara Lynn Way.

Cummins, the driver, was apprehended immediately.

Butler fled on foot, running into a home on Barbara Lynn Way, but was later arrested.

Three guns, an AR-15, a pistol, and an Uzi .22-caliber gun stolen in 2015, were recovered by police along with the victims' belongings.

It is unclear how many other suspects police are still looking for in connection with the burglary.

Federal agents are assisting Metro Police with the firearms recovered in the case.

Copyright 2018 WSMV (Meredith Corporation).

Here are 5 friendly amish folks who are looking for this guys lost contact lens. How mighty nice of them to have went through all the trouble. Upstanding citizens I would say.

fremont-home-invasion-fremont-police.jpg

FREMONT (CBS SF) — Police in Fremont Wednesday released video surveillance footage from one of two home break-ins this month that they believe were committed by the same group of suspects.
The most recent break-in caught on video, happened at about 9:40 p.m. Sunday at a home on Pilgrim Loop. Five suspects with guns went into the home through a rear patio door.

Back