• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month...(October 2015)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer.

Please discuss your gun and gun related purchases that you're planning before 2016. (Remember, this incudes the Christmas season too)

This is gonna be disappointing... :D This year I've already bought a S&W 642, two Colts 1991 (a Commander & a Government) and two Mossbergs pump (a 500 & a 590). I also got two wood furniture kits for the shotties, a bunch of mags for the 1911s and several hundred rounds of .45 ACP and 12 gauge on top of a whole bat belt and shoulder rig by Mitch Rosen in cuban brown leather (pretty much all I had was black until then) and a few cheap combat lights just to keep around the house.
So all the money I'm now planning to spend until the end of the year will be mostly on range fees (I have yet to try out Oaktree Gun Club) because I'm done with the shopping!

Last edited:
No plans but you never know what you will run across. More ammo maybe. Bags and carry items maybe. Need to upgrade some fishing stuff, too. ;)

More ammo, always want to try new stuff, maybe choke tubes. Possibly a sling. I'd like to order that bolt action I've been wanting. I kinda want to order the Kryptek gunskins too. About to be hunting season so money has been spent already.

Just ordered another Triad stock pack and swivels. Already bought ammo and chokes so it will be a tough sell to management here.

I'm always on the lookout for AR parts on sale. I would like to complete a 300AAC build but it's not a priority. I will also jump on 22lr and some other calibers if I find a good deal.

For the most part though I'm on a spending freeze and in save mode due to job uncertainty as a result of the CFPB targeting my employer.

Not a damn thing...screw Connecticut laws. I refuse to fork over more money for more permits to buy ammo...so I'll be bartering with the locals.

Planning on a Beretta 687 sporting and another Garand (tailored for matches).

Nothing planned--can always use MORE ammo... ;)

I always try to have some "slush money" on hand if a "deal" comes along... :cool: Could use a wheelgun, .38 snub could come in handy as I already have plenty of ammo for it but no gun in that caliber... :rolleyes: :D

My uncle has a couple "antiques" he is looking to part with to me to keep them in the family. We still need to go out and shoot the 1873 as I now have ammo for it--wished we weren't so damn busy! :(

Put it this way: I've covered the guns & ammo base because I felt I was coming up short and a sense or urgency was creeping up on me. In the near future, water, food and cash are going to be my next focus.

I want a S&W M&P .40 Pro C.O.R.E. ported, should have it by Thanksgiving. I'm thinking of asking Santa for a ATI Halo side saddle for the 500. If the wife gets it then great and if not oh well, more for eye candy than anything. Other than that the shotty is pretty set, need to install my HFD2 follower. Got the enhanced safety and ATI furniture on it. The HFD2 sling mount is awesome btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something in 7.62x39 other than an AK. I sold one of em to pay for medical stuff. Now, may not happen by '16, but a CMMG Mk47, RRA LAR-47, Sig 556xi Russian, or that one based on the HK, oh yeh, the PTR 32. The Sig's don't seem to have a good reputation though. Gotta take AK mags.

Finishing the modi-work on my Arsenal SAR M9F till end 2015.

2016 I'm looking for a bolt action in .308 or .300 and a second pistol. Most probably a Glock G35 Gen4 MOS.

For the first time in a few years I'm not saving for a gun purchase. I would like to add a few accessories and continue to stock up for reloading this winter. I actually have enough to keep me busy this winter so I guess I'm restocking for the winter of 2016. I have learned a lesson after Sandy Hook...don't ever assume what I want will be available.

Back