• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SIG SAUER

Exactly.

I missed that boat a few years back when those could be had for about 3 and a quarter give or take all over the place. Now they go for a stupid premium. The mags for those have always been highway robbery. That hasn't changed.

I'm hoping one day to luck into a good deal on a 228. Thats the one I've always wanted to have. Doesn't have to be the newer M11 *commercial* model I see all the time now. Unless that happened to be a hell of a deal too hard to pass on too.

I actually like the way Sigs look with a bit of use and age and wouldn't mind a secondhand one.

I have very few guns that I bought brand new. I actually prefer the older all metal guns like the 3rd Gen S&W Autos, Sigs, and 1911's. I absolutely love revolvers.
I have been EDC'ing a Glock 23 lately, but I have been shooting Glocks more frequently with GSSF so I will EDC what I train with.

I'm in the market for a Sig P220 Stainless Elite. I have the $$$ can't find one new anywhere. Sadness.

I'd rather new. All my firearms are bought new as I like to be the one to break them in.

Also, if I was going to buy I'd rather not do so with a MO to someone I dont know from a hole in the wall. If I use a credit card at least I can hedge a bad seller.

I totally understand. Just thought it might help if you gave up on a completely new one. Should I run across one NIB locally at a shop I'll let you know about it.

I picked up a Sig P6 9mm today. It is a 12/99 German Police surplus pistol. It is dirty and has a slight amount of surface rust on the grip screws and the takedown lever, but it is very solid and does not appear to have been shot much.

One of my HD guns is a P229. Love it. Had dreams of carrying it but it's just too big and heavy (for me) so I never got comfortable with it. Now it sits in a quick access box next to my flashlight. If I could do it over again I'd get a P226 but I've never had an issue with the P229.
jegadaqy.jpg

SIG SAUER P938

I picked this up this P938 Sport about 3 weeks ago. About 220rds through it. I doesn't like 147 GDs as well as it likes 115s or 124s. In a 100rd session, an occasional feed hang up on the ramp, easily cleared, near the end of the session. The first 75rds are good. Probably still breaking in, but since this is not a combat handgun, I am not too concerned.

Already modified the 7rd mags. I really like this little guy.

Attachments

• DSC00619.JPG
    DSC00619.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC00623.JPG
    DSC00623.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC00607.JPG
    DSC00607.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 212
Actually not as much as I figured. Pretty controllable. Short/small pistols will show you where you need work though. I "owned" a used Kahr CW9 for about a week, nicely made, but it was more "snappy" than the Sig., the Kahr with a slightly longer barrel. The Kahr had an extremely over sized chamber and was splitting cases, I returned it and looked elsewhere. The other criteria, after experiencing the Kahr trigger type, I wasn't happy with a long DA trigger, which most all .380/9mm compacts feature. Hence the Sig, the only SA trigger I know of. Not great as of yet, but I'm not "rowing the boat" during trigger time. After 220rds, careful cleaning & lube (like Mossberg), it's not bad right now, short, a little stiff, but smooth. This is OK because I don't want a "pocket" gun with "hair" trigger.

Joining the Sig club finally. Was told about a good deal on a Blackwater 590a1 so I went to take a look. It was gone already. Someone else knew what a steal that was. Saw this guy in the glass case. Decided it needed a new home. My first firearm purchase of 2014. Threw it on layaway for now. Didn't want to miss out on this one. Snapped a shot on my phone before I had to part ways with it temporarily. Sorry about the crappy cell phone quality.

Excited. Another project gun lol. This ones an old surplus W German P228. Someone attempted to rattle can the slide black and the frame OD green. The frame isn't too bad but the black krylon has already worn down where it appears the original slide bluing had also worn down to almost nada. Probably why they chose to attempt at a refinish. I remember some of these came in a few years back looking almost mint condition and some looked like they had been to hell and back externally. Internally this one looked real clean. As with most of these old cold war era surplus Sigs just a ton of external holster wear from being worn on duty. Shot very little. I don't forsee any major issues honestly.

Once I can get it out of jail should be fun cleaning and tuning this one up. I'm thinking a cerakote job to refinish it right this time is also probably in order. I'll have to see if I can safely remove the rattle can job but save any of the remaining finish if possible. I am curious what it looks like under the spray paint. If its not that bad I might just leave it be if I can. I dig a pistol that has that been there, done that relic look. Which is exactly what these are, a nice cold war relic. If its really fugly I'll get a cerakote job done on it.

Had three mags, two original SIGs and a Mec Gar Italian aftermarket one. Plus a right hand leather holster which won't do me much good being lefty but still was a nice bonus to come with it. I can always sell or trade it off towards getting a lefty version. I think I did good with this one at $400. As I said before in this thread lately most of these I come across have been priced at ridiculous prices. I knew patience would pay off eventually if I kept my eye out.

YMMV as usual.

jgwills said:

Joining the Sig club finally. Was told about a good deal on a Blackwater 590a1 so I went to take a look. It was gone already. Someone else knew what a steal that was. Saw this guy in the glass case. Decided it needed a new home. My first firearm purchase of 2014. Threw it on layaway for now. Didn't want to miss out on this one. Snapped a shot on my phone before I had to part ways with it temporarily. Sorry about the crappy cell phone quality.

Excited. Another project gun lol. This ones an old surplus W German P228. Someone attempted to rattle can the slide black and the frame OD green. The frame isn't too bad but the black krylon has already worn down where it appears the original slide bluing had also worn down to almost nada. Probably why they chose to attempt at a refinish. I remember some of these came in a few years back looking almost mint condition and some looked like they had been to hell and back externally. Internally this one looked real clean. As with most of these old cold war era surplus Sigs just a ton of external holster wear from being worn on duty. Shot very little. I don't forsee any major issues honestly.

Once I can get it out of jail should be fun cleaning and tuning this one up. I'm thinking a cerakote job to refinish it right this time is also probably in order. I'll have to see if I can safely remove the rattle can job but save any of the remaining finish if possible. I am curious what it looks like under the spray paint. If its not that bad I might just leave it be if I can. I dig a pistol that has that been there, done that relic look. Which is exactly what these are, a nice cold war relic. If its really fugly I'll get a cerakote job done on it.

Had three mags, two original SIGs and a Mec Gar Italian aftermarket one. Plus a right hand leather holster which won't do me much good being lefty but still was a nice bonus to come with it. I can always sell or trade it off towards getting a lefty version. I think I did good with this one at $400. As I said before in this thread lately most of these I come across have been priced at ridiculous prices. I knew patience would pay off eventually if I kept my eye out.

YMMV as usual.

Very cool! Congrats.
I'm liking the color.
On the RH holster, ever considered dual wielding?!? :lol:

Back