• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

sling for 410 with moderator

It is very quiet, apparently from 30 yards you will not even disturb other birds or rabbits grazing in the same field, gamekeepers use them near residential areas and near other livestock on farms.

consider this;
the .410 shells develop the highest chamber pressures of any shotgun shells, running up to 14,000 psi in the 2 1/2 inch shell and 15,000 psi in the three inch shell.410s.

have a look and listen to this; imagine if you are thirty or so yards away rather than right next to him.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, SR! :) We US fellows are drooling over your rig! ;)

"Silencer" gun laws here (we call 'em suppressors) are archaic and date back to the "gangster" days of the 1930s. Suppressors are in the same boat as other National Firearm Act (NFA) devices such as full-auto and/or short-barrel rifles/shotguns. Taxing, registration and waiting are part of the process to obtain such a device. Many states are allowing suppressors for hunting but they still have to be registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF).

Fitted the second swivel for the sling today, used a punch to start the hole (as suggested on here) wedged the gun upside down in a kitchen drawer, leaned on the drawer to keep it in position firmly and drilled with a slim drill bit and then turned wood screw using the hole in the stud on the head of the screw where the swivel will be anchored as a pivot to rotate the screw using a thin screwdriver as a twist bar, job done no scratches.

lesson; Kitchen drawer can be used as a makeshift clamp if needs be.

Just need the sling and the gun slip to arrive with the postman in the morning and I'm good to go..........off to the woods in the next few days to get some practice using it and look at the patterning.

I was concerned as I had intended to learn to shoot left- handed, I'm naturally right handed but have had an eye problem which restricted my central vision in my right eye, peripheral vision is unaffected and it's only the center of my central vision that is impaired............however, a friend called the other night and said to try shooting with both eyes open, which I had first read about on an American site........he does it to good effect.......it'll be great if I can shoot right handed as it is my natural instinct.
Anyone have any views or do you yourself shoot with both eyes open? any thoughts.

............however, a friend called the other night and said to try shooting with both eyes open, which I had first read about on an American site........he does it to good effect.......it'll be great if I can shoot right handed as it is my natural instinct.
Anyone have any views or do you yourself shoot with both eyes open? any thoughts.

I always shoot both eyes open.

Pistol, shotgun, rifle, always with both eyes on target. It's particularly useful for bench shooting, watching the wind speed, direction, etc. Can take some getting used to at first but being able to learn and train keeping both eyes open while shooting essentially doubles your field of view which can be a big advantage for defensive shooting.

Hope it can help with your eye issue...

Back