• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The unabashed braggin' thread

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
I thought this might be fun to do. I get a little tired of false modesty, and everyone has something they are proud of, so here's your chance to tell about it. Doesn't matter what it is, it could be something you made, something you've done, something you've accomplished, whatever. Share as much detail as you deem appropriate (pics, documentation, or just your word of honor).

There's only 3 rules:

1. You must be truthful.

2. You cannot criticize or question somebody else's brag.

3. No one-up-man ship. This is not about "I did whatever, better than so-and-so".

I'll start (in no particular order):

I made this table:

Compassrosetable.jpg~original

I've saved the lives of 3 men in my life. LtCol. Fred Cone, and 2 others.

I helped raise a daughter who has led a successful life (I have to share that brag with my wife).

Ok...I need to get in on this later when I get home. I have tons of pix of props I made for Hollywood tv set and parades and game shows and stage shows...

I rode a mountain bike 100 miles in one day. It was a scenic tour near Mackinaw MI. I finished in about 8 hours, but I would barely walk the next day (or days following). I will also note that 8 hours in the sun can leave some odd helmet strap tan lines on your face LOL

Wow Gunny, that's gorgeous. :)

Long ago I was a Commodore 64 computer nut. Beside learning Basic I learned ASL (machine language) and wrote video games. I wrote a bunch and I sold one to Compute! magazine. The C64 had a fantastic video and sound chips that I wrote music and sound effects as well.

Helped produce a beautiful and wonderful daughter...

Ran a 7 sec drag bike down The Strip in Las Vegas, twice (highly illegal as I didn't have a racer's license...woo hoo...

Won my class in the OH state archery competition in '09...

Rode in the backseat of an F-4D Phantom...

Returning to work in Hampton, VA saw a lady's car on the opposite side of the highway on fire with her in it. Quick U-turn and got the fire out long before the FD got there. She got out just as I pulled up and her seat caught fire. Gotta love Halon (now illegal)...

Rescued 2 of our zoo from the local shelters...all 5 of them are rescues but I only had a hand in those 2...

Wish my brain could remember all the other awesome stuff I've done over the years...

Quite a variety of worthwhile stuff ya'll deserve to puff out your chests about! I'm proud of y'all for sharing. :cool: :D

I hope some more members will chime in. :)

I just remembered that I saved my nephew choking on a quarter. Yeah, he was playing with a quarter in his mouth and it went down his throat. He started freaking out pointing to his throat and his mom (my sis) was petrified that I jumped up from the table (I was eating) and did the Heimlich maneuver (never did it before, saw it on TV). After a few pumps I heard the quarter hit his front teeth and then dropped out of his mouth.

I feel sorry for my sis, when SHTF she's frozen with fear.

dieselmudder said:
Runner up in the 3rd grade spelling bee.

Are you telling us that you do not have anything to be proud of since 3rd grade?.....

Went to dinner 4+ years ago with a some people that I met on a gun forum to discuss gun issues in CT.
Before I knew it, I am a Founding Member and the Vice President of the states Largest Pro 2A organization.
I always voted but was never really politically involved. It really hits home when long standing State elected officials call you at home for your advice on gun issues. :shock:

I started and run the CCDL food drive. Every month members bring non perishable food to our monthly meeting. The next morning I deliver it to the Bridgeport Rescue Mission...(This is something that I am extremely proud of)

Also I spent 20+ years working on the guidance systems for GPS satellites.
When we started building them, they were strictly for Government use.
It is nice to know that so many people get from point A to point B using a system in space that has my fingerprints all over it. ;)

Right now, I have 2 pound puppies sleeping next to me on the couch. :D

No that was just to get a laugh. I landed a 50k dollar a year job when I was 19, and its gone up since. Bought my own house with 6 acres 3 years ago. Ive never been to jail. I have good credit.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I have a college degree. I have an amazing family, and married into an amazing family. The wife and I own two house (ones a rental), we have 3 cars (ones a "fun" one). We have amazing credit...at a modest 804 and 795 for mine and hers. I have a baby due in January. I have been to 10 different countries, and 25 of the 50 states. I make enough money to live, and do things I enjoy doing....and I am only 31 and the wife is 28. I am pretty proud of where I am at in life.

nataliepartyandmedicinestick034_zps091febbb.jpg

nataliepartyandmedicinestick035_zps04cb50e9.jpg

It may not look like much to some, but it has taken me many years to gather all the pieces for this, and each one has its' own meaning/purpose behind it.

Rattlesnake (Ulunsu'ti) is very revered in many stories and legends and tales.

It was told that the Creator took on the form of the coyote (wahaya) when he was directing the stars and moon where to go. And that is why coyotes are often still seen staring up at night sky and howl.

Deer (a-wi) are known for their gentleness, and providing food, shelter and clothing

turkey (ka-la-gv-na) are associated with spirituality and the honoring of the Earth Mother and a symbol of all the blessings that the Earth contains

The black (gv-na-ge-i) obsidian arrowhead was a gift from a very good friend of mine. It was not uncommon for tribes and clans to trade, so I do not feel using it would go against tradition. I was actually very honored that he gave it to me.

Obsidian is not native to this area, but the color black was most often associated with death, and the west (which is where this came from). With the point being broken at the tip when it was given to me, is to symbolize that when death comes, will have a difficult time and thus offers "protection".

The wood staff is from a pine tree (na-tsi) that had been struck with lightning. This makes it not only strong, but also sacred.

And inside of the medicine bag is cedar (ah-see-na loo-guh) is also special and said that if you come upon the scent of cedar that your ancestors are watching over you from nearby.

And Sage which is told that when lit, the smoke rises to carry prayers

and sweet grass is used to produce a sweet smelling smoke that is said to honor our ancestors and to teach us things in life we need to know invoked through visions and dreams

And finally, the medicine wheel represents our individual journey through life.

There are 7 directions. North, South, East, West, Up (above), Down (below), and the center, which is where I am now.

4 seasons, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.

The circle represents the circle of life from beginning to end.

Sweet. Very cool and informative. I like custom made things with a meaning/story to them....

An ex-gf made me a dream catcher years ago. I used to have the same "bad dream" every night. After I put it in my bedroom above my head...it stopped. My wife , decided to redecorate the bedroom a few years ago and thought it didn't go with the new decore. So she put it away. That night...the dream came back. I didn't know she took it down...it was the usual late nite time I went to bed. I didn't have a light so I didn't notice it was missing. Needless to say....it is back up.

I also have a dreamer catcher above my side of the bed...

I remembered something that happened a long time ago, late 80's, maybe '90 or '91,

I fished a lot back then both in the Everglades and Lake Okeechobee. During a bass tournament on the north side of the lake I was locking out (water was high enough they had the locks closed) in my 18' bass boat to fish a tributary. My fishing partner for the day had seen a very large man and a kid in a 12-14" aluminum boat earlier. He was very fat and appeared very drunk.

There were enough boats in the lock to fill it up...side by side, nose to tail. The fat, drunk was one of them. When the lock doors closed and the water was either dropped or raised (fuzzy on the at part) all the boats start moving. This big guy decides to stand up and promptly falls out between our boats. Since the water is swirling very rapidly he gets dragged under like a riptide. Everyone in the lock starts pushing the boats apart to find him and as I push one away from me I see his head. Grabbed him by the hair and started lifting. Took 4 of us to get him out of the water and flop him back in his boat all the while trying to keep the boats from crushing him or us. All he did was groan. No doubt the sob would have drowned had we not got him out.

Back