• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wheel GUNS!!

Re: One of my dream guns off the must have list.

Actually got a day off so I was able to make some time for some pix... Enjoy

Maybe the gun still has the "new" feeling to me, maybe because its a custom gun.... whatever the reason I dunno but it REALLY feels good to hold. And the trigger is smooth, predictable and crisp on the break.

Porting to keep the muzzle flip to a minimum, especially with the .357 mag loads

IMGP0041.jpg

IMGP0045.jpg

Eliminated the cylinder end shake, now an even smaller bullet jump distance

IMGP0047.jpg

Recrown the muzzle
IMGP0043.jpg

Mirror polished the trigger & hammer
IMGP0048.jpg

Removed the barrel warning for a cleaner look. And if you look you will see no corners, the gun had the "smooth and dehorn for carry".
IMGP0040.jpg

IMGP0039.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!

Congratulations on a fine looking wheelgun Sir.

WOW! That really is amazing!

I agree with Nitesite, that gun is perfection.

Thanks for posting the additional pics.

I once had two H&R single action .22LR revolvers that looked quite a lot like the on in your pic, bsipes30. Shooting .22 LRs out of it really rang the ol' eardrums!

But they were great and absolutely fun firearms!

Congrats...that is one hell of a beauty. I really like the rounded corners. Love the barrel too.

barber8605 said:
Ruger Super redhawk 44 mag

I had one like this several years ago, it's one of the few guns that I've sold that I really wish I still had.

Very nice!

MikeD said:
barber8605 said:
Ruger Super redhawk 44 mag

I had one like this several years ago, it's one of the few guns that I've sold that I really wish I still had.

Very nice!

Thats my Bear protection Gun for wandering the woods of Alaska. You never know whats hunting you while your hunting.

barber8605 said:
My second baby is a Smith and Wesson 626 357 Mag

Anyone who owns Smiff&Western revolvers is one very cool dude. I love them and always will.

Please tell me more about your Model 626, as I am very intrigued to know more about that model.

Thanks!

Okay, here goes.

This is my fugliest, least sexy, utilitarian revolver that I have ever owned.

And I've owned a lot. Like a gob of them. S&Ws and Rugers mostly. Very nice ones.

It's freakin polymer-gripped for chrise-sake, and aluminum skinned and has a stainless barrel liner and SS cylinder, and titanium internals. This should be something that somebody in some Latvian Army prison carved from a block of soap and shoe-polished black to fool the guards, maybe with heavy input from some Somalian skinnies who black-marketed the finished grip parts that were cast from KFC sporks.

Ruger-LCR.jpg

But damn if this thing (ugly as it is) didn't cost a crap load of cash, and after shooting almost every revolver under the sun for 35-years I can say that it is worth every effin' penny.

My other J-frames get no attention at all any more.

:)

nitesite said:
It's freakin polymer-gripped for chrise-sake, and aluminum skinned and has a stainless barrel liner and SS cylinder, and titanium internals. This should be something that somebody in some Latvian Army prison carved from a block of soap and shoe-polished black to fool the guards, maybe with heavy input from some Somalian skinnies who black-marketed the finished grip parts that were cast from KFC sporks.

ROFL

I kind of like it, but I tend to like things that veer a bit from the norm.

Well my dad bought the 626 originally off of a lady it was her husbands until he passed. He got that and a taurus not sure the model but snub nose 44 special for 400 for the pair. I loved this gun since he bought it and finally talked him into selling it to me. Other than that Im ashamed to say I dont know that much about this model other than I love to shoot it.

Very nice wheelies barber!

Hey nite?

Me thinks thou dost protest too much. Looks to me you're trying too hard not to love the thing. She may be ugly, but she's got a GREAT personality!!! :lol:

Hey, just take one look at a Chiappa Rhino snubbie and your Ruger there will start to look like a supermodel...

Back