• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

The rain has let up (we needed it!) and I'm enjoying some Java before I hit the gun club. Day three of a week off.

Today I'm going to be working on my handgun techniques, trying to tighten up my groups.

Have a good one everyone.

Good morning everyone. Clear and calm and 79. We are going to be right at 100 today, might even top that.

I hope you all have a great day.

Just got back from the gunclub. Mission accomplished. Since replacing the LMT Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group in my COLT M4A1 SOCOM the double feed problems have disappeared. Go figure. Today I reinstalled the Geissele braided spring and their buffer in the AR and compared it to the stock spring and buffer. Great results. A very solid feeling. With the Limbsaver pad on the AR, I'm enjoying shooting it a lot more. After experimenting with various optics, I'm back again to the old trusty Aimpoint single red dot. I do best with it. I'm running a T-2 and am happy as a clam. For my needs, it's perfect.

Bonus: I sold off the LMT BCG on Gunbroker for ... $450 bucks! Score. And I bought another one and am listing it up this morning.

Handgun...I tried out Jeffy Miculek's advice for people with large enough hands. Hook a finger on the front of the trigger guard on polymer frame handguns for more control. I gave it a whirl and I did notice I had more control over the muzzle flip. I'll be working on that.

And, with that accomplished I headed home just in time to avoid a big downpour.

Back tomorrow for more fun with guns.

Good morning to all...cloudy/overcast, and warm, but ... I'll take the clouds/overcast anyday at the gun club rather than bright sunshine radiating off the small paving gravel we have in our shooting bays.

Today...I'm taking delivery of a Trijicon SRO for one of my Glock 34 Gen 5s, with the custom trigger group, match barrel and so forth it will be my "trick it out Glock" for fun at the range at longer ranges.

Have a good day all.

Life is good. God bless.

Good morning MOers. Partly cloudy and 78 this morning. We'll be high 90s again. We could sure use some rain.

We are going to the lake this weekend. I'm taking a couple of my 22s in hopes of getting a chance to shoot them. I have an early 50s JC Higgins and a Winchester single shot from the mid 30s. Anyways, hoping to put a few rounds through them.

You all have a great weekend.

Very hot summer so far...

Nothing exceptional to report...

Ordered a reddot to my 590A1 yesterday...

truglo00.jpg
Article from snipercountry.com
truglo01.jpg
the price to a very reasonable range.
truglo02.jpg

Thats all folks !

:D

Last edited:
Nice red dot for the 590A1. Awesome price ... assuming it holds up well to use. Not sure what to make of the "hard to zero" .... I mean ... you zero it and ... that's it, right? May have jump through a few hoops but who cares.

How do you plan on zeroing it, at what distance, and with that loads? Slugs? Buck?

Did you get a riser for it? Or are you going to try it first as is?

Nice red dot for the 590A1. Awesome price ... assuming it holds up well to use. Not sure what to make of the "hard to zero" .... I mean ... you zero it and ... that's it, right? May have jump through a few hoops but who cares.

How do you plan on zeroing it, at what distance, and with that loads? Slugs? Buck?

Did you get a riser for it? Or are you going to try it first as is?
I dont know what your ( US ) price is but, i payed aprox $120 for it here. :D No riser, just directly onto my pic rail.
I am not sure how i should proceed this time. I didnt fully zero my last ( Bushnell TRS-25 ) reddot, because i sold it after a short time 10 months ago. Open for suggestions. Slugs and buck will be the primary stuff

Happy day before the Fourth, America!

ACF54555-6C69-47FD-BA99-C78681B32CAC.jpeg

It’s another beautiful sunny day in the San Joaquin Valley. Calm and clear with highs in the 80s. I was hoping to drive the SS 100 in the parade this year but it’s not going to happen.

My buddy has built a new SoCom .458 and he has been bugging me to go shoot with him.

Since I finally proved to myself that I could shoot .5 MOA with a proper rifle like the Savage 12 or Ruger Precision. I have been less enthusiastic about blowing off expensive rifle ammo for fun.

However I’ve got about 500 hand loads for the 12 gauge and 300 for the 16 gauge so I might go make some noise just for the hell of it.

Meanwhile at California State University protesters are petitioning, in writing, peacefully to remove the bust of Mahatma Gandhi.

It stands in the international Peace Garden, right next to the bust of Martin Luther King And some others notable minority Americans who were civil rights leaders in their time.

Clearly a human being must be perfect before a statue can be directed of them, so in the future I predict there will be no statues erected, because no one will honor anyone who mattered, anymore.

We will achieve a culture of self-sufficient selfish self interest with no regard for anyone of substance.

Gee that ended on a really low note so let me cheer things up by saying that so far only 75 people have died in our county from Covid out of a population of 1 million.

Even better we do not see a huge spike in serious cases, though minor cases have apparently risen (a couple weeks after the Fresno protest march.)

You folks all stay healthy if you can and have a great weekend.

A seriously early Good Morning, as it is not quite 1 AM yet.

I am not sleeping because I have huge trees, and they are somewhat dry, and idiots are shooting off rockets at midnight. This will go on for the next couple nights. Every foot of hose that I own is connected to the taps.

On a brighter note, I got to see the president’s speech and fireworks from Mount Rushmore on the Web, and it was quite awesome once we got past the Miss America winner with the larger than life personality.

I am surprised that it did not appear live on any of our local broadcast channels, but it was covered by several different organizations on YouTube.

The USAF band played a jazzed up Irving Berlinesque version of The Battle Hymn of the Republic, and the gal that sang it was quite talented.

Earlier during the president’s speech he had misquoted the lyrics slightly. I expect they will be talking about that for days.

He accidentally substituted the word die for the word live in the phrase “let us live to make men free”.

Watch Donald Trump turn this around and use it as an opportunity to talk about the hundreds of injured and dead cops due to Antifa and Black Lives Matter.

Good Independence Day morning to all of you. As usual there is a good crowd at the lake this weekend.

This afternoon, between 6-8 we are supposed to have an air show. It usually has a few T6s, a couple of P51s, and a T33. This is followed by a flyover of Oklahoma ANG F-16s. Of course it all depends on the weather.

After the sun goes down we have quite a nice fireworks display. The fireworks are set up on a barge on the lake. It is about a mile south of us. As it turns out we have one of the premier spots to watch the show.

I hope you all have a great day.

I's a lovely day, and no fire trucks were heard in the night. I live very close to the local stationhouse, so it's not a secret when they roll out of bed.
My neighbor is a Calfire capt and his red truck is in the drive. This is a good omen. I think we will survive another scorching summer with the redwoods intact.

There are a lot of trees in this neighborhood that could go up like a torch, from one rocket. Not a cheerful thought.

One year I found a rocket had gone into the dog kennel, burning thru the blue tarp in a long trail before dropping thru.
Not a good omen...

It's been a fantastic week of vacation for me here. Tomorrow it's time to head back.

Headed to the gun club again...today will be handgun drills.

Protestors: minimal and stupid, as per the usual. BLM says "black lives matter" but only some lives....no protests underway for the 6 killed and 10 shot so far this July 4 weekend in Saint Louis.

Warm day today.

Back