• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

I played with one at buds the other day...it reminded me of a Double star 1911 before they had the newer models out. Very loose tolerances and very para ordnance like.....if that makes sense.

KW, do you believe it would function well as a combat gun? I am not looking for 1" accuracy at 50yds but something I can add to my rig and carry.

I understand that some Loose Tolerances (Not too loose) allows for good reliability while tight tolerances improve accuracy but there comes a point where tight tolerances hinder reliability.

Itsricmo said:
KW, do you believe it would function well as a combat gun? I am not looking for 1" accuracy at 50yds but something I can add to my rig and carry.

I understand that some Loose Tolerances (Not too loose) allows for good reliability while tight tolerances improve accuracy but there comes a point where tight tolerances hinder reliability.
Well man it really comes down to this..... I love 1911's! But you really get what you pay for.. A 400.00 1911 is not a combat 1911. I rather have a used glock 21 or s&w m&p 45. Those would be more reliable as a combat gun.....to get a combat 1911 it's takes at least 2-3 k Iam not trying to sound like a 1911 snob. For the price range we are talking about 1911's are not even close for a trust your life combat gun. For a fun range gun...fire away. Just remember 1911's are not a massed produced gun... It is a highly machined and handed fitted firearm that requires many hours a labor to produce today...

KentuckyWindage said:
Just remember 1911's are not a massed produced gun... It is a highly machined and handed fitted firearm that requires many hours a labor to produce today...

Preach it brother...

I thought they were like AK's :lol: (That right there will get me banned from the sight haha) Loose Tolerances and they run like a hot knife through butter... SMOOTH lol Maybe I have been misunderstanding everyone and that the $400 models are too loose or something... Damn... well that puts a spin on my decision in 19 days >.> lol

A good 1911 that would run without being cleaned for a weeks can't really cost 2 - 3 grand... can it? :(
I understand the amount of work that goes into even a cheap 1911 but still.. *dreams have been destroyed* ;)

Sorry for the double post but someone out of my group to Cabelas today made out like a king... Sig Sauer Compact Carry 1911 3-5/16" Barrel in 45acp... $1075 OTD :shock: Amazing firearm... His wife got a Ruger LCP in .380 with Lasrmaxx grip

robtech87 said:
1911 is like my holy grail handgun...mine will be flashy tho. Like Nicholas Cage in Face Off flashy...maybe im retarded, its jyat what ive wanted since i was a lil kid watchin action movies
That's the beautiful thing about them - the ability to customize them to your liking. AND, I happen to agree with your taste in 1911's. Mine has been at the gunsmith for a week getting flashy.

I'm happy to say that thru 12 pages I haven't seen it's like (in terms of the choices I'm adding). Pics to follow!

Guess what... I'M BACK! :lol:

Hypothetically speaking.. will the Wilson Combat "Drop-in" Series 70 beaver-tail safety work in a Series 80 1911 without making any major changes?? (As well as Spur Hammer)

Thanks!!!
Rick

Rick, for what it's worth I've never known any drop-in beaver-tail to be completely drop-in. Not to say that any major modification would be necessary, but there may be some fitting required...

Well I'm finally a member of the 10mm fan club!

This Hard Chrome STI Perfect 10 followed me home this afternoon...

oli, nitesite,

Took these pics especially for you guys... :D

Wow.. That is a straight up SEXY sidearm, Sir! Congratulations on your new family member! Oli, will certainly be proud :lol:

Also, thanks for the information! I figure some polishing and light sanding may need to be done. My Uncle or Grandfather should be able to help me accurately do that process.

Thank you Sir.

Just be prepared. When installing an aftermarket beavertail the modification and fitting is usually done to the firearm frame, not the replacement part. This will likely require refinishing afterward as well...

Well, there's gonna be 14+1 teary eyed hippies every time I lock and load this thing... :twisted: :lol:

I generally stay out of the pics on here because I always end up jealous and checking my budget. That is a beautiful gun LES.

Back