• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

Rjp, I am 5' 9".. not much taller brother! I have considered the 4" model but I like the looks of a full size entirely too much! Savoy Leather makes some super nice IWB leather holster that I am looking at and I have read some good things about them too. Open carry is always an option dependent on where I am going. I have so many options to choose from too which is a problem! I have looked at the Polymer and the only one that sticks out is the G19 Gen4 because it comes with 3 magazines and interchangeable back straps. I need some more handling time with it before it becomes as serious as the 1911.

GLG2, I have done nothing but troll the hell outta the VZ-Grip site since I saw your grips :lol: I am now torn between the Black or OD Green Aliens :O I google'd some of the Military Brown and don't like it on a Blued/Park'd 1911

sokr915 said:
Which would you guys prefer. 5" or 4.25"? I'll be picking up a 1911 soon and am having trouble deciding. I already have an sr9c for my main carry. I'm thinking I might want to carry the 1911 every once in a while. So which would be best for me? A shop near me has both sr1911 in stock I just can't decide. If I could I would've had it today. Need help.

I carry a full-size on occasion, but my 4" gets a lot more holster time. The extra inch might not seem like a lot, but it really comes into play when your'e sit'n down or driving. Also, if your state doesn't have an open carry provision you must consider the benefit of the smaller overall profile of the commander models. A good holster will make all the difference when carrying either size...

Some goodies came today..
ibP68HXgJorLS.jpg

Tim4k5 said:
Lookin good, KW!!

How does it shoot?
Thanks. It's is smooth and fast. I only have 250 rounds total, but I only have had it for 4 days :lol: this weekend I should break the 500 round mark. So far it's been 100% not one failure or stoppage.

So I guess I am going to go look for better mags. I just went to load up my Nighthawk mags and the plastic base plate literally crumbled in my hand. I guess I will look for some checkmates. Has anyone used the 1911 mags from C Products? I have used the AR mags but not the 1911 mags.

KentuckyWindage said:
Some goodies came today..
ibP68HXgJorLS.jpg

I'm not a big 1911 guy but thats a damn nice looking gun.

Man that sucks!

ram229 said:
Has anyone used the 1911 mags from C Products? I have used the AR mags but not the 1911 mags.

Been there, tried that, won't do it again.

They're not as bad as ProMag, but I'm stickin with CheckMate all the way...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Man that sucks!

ram229 said:
Has anyone used the 1911 mags from C Products? I have used the AR mags but not the 1911 mags.

Been there, tried that, won't do it again.

They're not as bad as ProMag, but I'm stickin with CheckMate all the way...

Cool thanks. I will pass on them.

LES - I like the grips on that Rock Island Armory 1911! Are they stock or aftermarket? This picture makes the woodgrain and checkering almost look like a digital camo pattern...

You guys with your new 1911's are making me want to run out and buy another one! Stop it!!! :D
KW and Mikes911, those are both really nice 1911's.
I checked out an RRA Government Model the other day. All the bells and whistles, great fit and finish, tight tolerances, all for $575! Almost bought it, but I resisted.

Thanks! The RO is a wonderful stock 1911. I like the traditional SA grips, but some of the aftermarket stuff is sweet... I may have to get others and switch them once in a while.

Back