What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

mikes911~

Your range officer has a "NM" prefix s/n....

That's a real PLUS!!!!!!

Good lookin RO Mike!

mikes911 said:
LES - I like the grips on that Rock Island Armory 1911! Are they stock or aftermarket? This picture makes the woodgrain and checkering almost look like a digital camo pattern...

Thanks you Sir,

The grips on my RIA are the ETC-FRAG pattern G10 in Dirty Olive from VZ Grips....

VZ Grips: ETC-FRAG Dirty Olive G10

I picked up my SR1911CMD to along with a 10/22

6EB5FE6F-5874-4D07-8A73-4E61083DDE2C-24586-00001835733D780F_zps8bd1b9f9.jpg

Nice looking .45 and I'm super-jealous of the 10/22 Takedown, they are non-existant in the shops around here. One owner of a local shop swears he saw one a few weeks ago, but bigfoot was in the way of getting a clear picture.

Thanks for the love! I got the NM without realizing it, just found a good deal on gunbroker for this model after some research...

LES - Thanks for the info!

Tim4k5 said:
Nice looking .45 and I'm super-jealous of the 10/22 Takedown, they are non-existant in the shops around here. One owner of a local shop swears he saw one a few weeks ago, but bigfoot was in the way of getting a clear picture.

Come to CT we have the largest Ruger retailer in the country and they always have a huge ruger inventory.

I got my new Springfield Armory logo'd mag well grips and a Smith and Alexander arched mainspring housing and mag well yesterday. I installed them and they look great. The problem is my grip safety is stuck in the off position. I need to removed a slight amount of material from either the top of the new mainspring housing, or the bottom of the grip safety. I think it would be easier to do it on the mainspring housing and then polish it up real good. Either way, I will post up some pictures.

tcecil88 said:
I got my new Springfield Armory logo'd mag well grips and a Smith and Alexander arched mainspring housing and mag well yesterday. I installed them and they look great. The problem is my grip safety is stuck in the off position. I need to removed a slight amount of material from either the top of the new mainspring housing, or the bottom of the grip safety. I think it would be easier to do it on the mainspring housing and then polish it up real good. Either way, I will post up some pictures.

Kitty is upset that no pictures were posted :lol:
Oh+this+post+was+so+funny+thanks+for+the+Funny+_b029d2de9f465a140195af725060f058.jpg

Some videos and threads on other forums like M1911.org say that it is a pretty decent gun, on pare with the RIA GI. I think it is a relatively newer model of gun from the same manufacturer as Regent. Maybe will forget about it since there isn't too many SOLID facts or reviews of it