• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

I know it will be worth the wait. I own 2 other sigs and I absolutely love them. They just have that perfect feel and balance IMO.

That sure is a radical departure from the traditional method.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Kimber uses the same method. Look at tatooo's picture again. at the lower left side of his Sig's safety, you can just see the end of a groove cut into the back side.

The hammer pin is longer than normal and is grooved, forming a "head" of sorts. The hammer pin fits into that groove and retains the right side safety lever.

It is different than the typical method, but it works really well.

Finally, after 5 months of waiting, got my Kimber UCII I ordered earlier this year. When I got the call, I couldn't sleep when I got off work (graveyard), I was at the store when they opened. Got to finally hold it. WOW!!!! So light, almost like an extension of my hand. It was tough to leave. Finished up the paper work for my 10 day wait. Felt longer than the 5 months, HAHAHA.
small4.JPG

I ditched the case in storage and added it to the SA case for my loaded. What a great fit.

small5.JPG

I've put about 300 rounds through it so far. I will be posting the range results as I have made some changes to it already. Fun, Fun shooter. Now I really got some work to do.

Cheers

MOE

Back