• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I realize it won't be a tack driver, but hunting with one is the only real practical purpose I would have for one (unless shtf, in which case I could see 30 round magazines being more practical) this is mostly going to be to have fun at the range and if my fiancee decides she wants to try hunting, she could use it. I will be using my Mossberg 500 :)

Turns out being patient has paid off. I had never heard of the TG International guns before, but today I saw one at a new gun store. I liked it a lot with the wire stock, pistol fore grip, and it seemed well made. It comes with a 20 round magazine, but will accept high capacity mags. It was out of my price range, but I looked it up online and found out that it is typically much lower than what the store had it for... I am going to order it from Bud's this weekend and will post a range report once I get it. In the end, it will end up being a little bit less expensive than the best priced WASR's I have seen in my area (about $500 with tax).

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... AK+Variant

FWIW, I did go check out the EAA also, and it felt good, looked great, etc., but I realized when I was holding it that the 10 round capacity matters more to me than I originally thought it would.

honkey said:
I realized when I was holding it that the 10 round capacity matters more to me than I originally thought it would.

I think TG International is Tennessee Guns and if I looked at their website correctly, they're no longer doing the AMD AK's. So if you want one and can find it available, it would be a good idea to get it while you can.

http://www.tnguns.com/shop/index.php?ma ... cts_id=387

In the quote above, does that mean you are interested in only the low capacity mags, or prefer to have the ability of using higher capacity or nuetered gun ban capacity mags at your discretion?

Because with AK47's, if you have a receiver that is capable of using standard capacity magazines, you can also buy small 5 or 10 round magazines to use in it when you are hunting or shooting from the bench or whatever.

stg2000003.jpg

stg2000004.jpg

What I meant was that I thought I didn't mind the 10 capacity limit, but when I held it, I realized that if I am going to get an AK, I want it to be capable of high capacity magazines.

I called Bud's to clarify whether they were selling Century Arms AMD 65's or TG International, since they have it listed under the CAI category with TGI in the title/product description, and they told me they still have 35 of them. I should be ordering it by Friday.

I wish... I had an unexpected vet bill come up. Good news is my dog is OK... Bad news is I went to an extremely overpriced vet.

Bummer, but good to hear everything is OK with your dog. You made the right choice.

Yeah, I am glad she is OK. She has a recurring limp and when it flared up again, we decided we needed to get some x-rays done. We had one X-Ray done before which came back negative, so this time we had X-Rays done from multiple angles on her hips, knee, and spine. It appears to just be inflammation from a previous strain and we need to keep her on Glucosamine.

The AK-47 will come in time. Nothing is more important to me than my fiancee and my dog.

Good man,

There's plenty of time for firearms and fun, but family always comes first. Even the furry variety...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
NICE!

Great lookin noisemaker. Is it new, or have you had it for a while?

Had it since 05-06 maybe longer, paid at the time 7 something...the only thing it doesn't have is the rail. Never shot it...it's my damn safe queen. Also have a sar-1, the difference between the fit and finish is unbelievable.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Ah poor thing.

You gotta get out there and shoot that bad boy...

I know, thing is...all my ammo for the ak's is fmj and that's a no no at the range. :roll:

anyone have any dealings with the 100 round chinese pre-ban drums? I've got a buddy here that wants to sell one for $125.00. I don't have an AK yet but it is the next gun on my list. Is there anything to look for in these drums?

here is a picture of what i might pick up. how much is a good price for this setup. Can anyone tell me what it is from this picture? I might just buy the AK and the magazines... Just don't know what a fair price is on these.

480067_362589913795952_100001348382252_967727_251762931_n.jpg

I picked up a couple 75 round Bulgarian drums a while back for around $75 each. They add a ton of weight to the rifle, but do offer the ability to pack a lot of easy access extra rounds. You can still pick up the 75 round Chinese drums for around $80 from a few places on-line. Don't see too many of the 100 rounders, and you'll have a hard time finding them priced under $100 anywhere. Can't really tell much about the rifle from the photo but if you get any details let us know and I'm sure we can get you a reasonable price range...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back