• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AR Photo Thread

^^^Very nice fellas and Ladies, some real nice AR/SCARs floating around here.

This is an updated pic of my LMT CQB Defender 2000. New VLTOR butt and Tango Down fore grip. The LMT original butt is now on my COLT M4..

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

Thanks LAZY.

I had this one with me at the club yesterday along with a trunk full of rifles and the whole family and she is a great straight shootin AR.

I then brought her into the basement for cleaning and for the first time removed the barrel. LMT gives you a torque wrench with the gun and the torx screws are torqued to 140lbs!!! She came apart and cleaned beautifully and while torquing the screws back to 140lbs one snapped!!!! I was able to remove the broken piece and now need a new screw. Upon doing some research I found some threads on AR15 forums that mention the 140lbs being a bit excessive and one guy has a few LMT's and claims he never torques over 110lbs. It was struggle to achieve 140lbs while controlling the upper so I may go with 120lbs as to back off on it a little anyways..

Didn't this one have a previous owner Dave, or did it come straight from the factory with the screws torqued to 140lbs? It seems strange that LMT would do that...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Didn't this one have a previous owner Dave, or did it come straight from the factory with the screws torqued to 140lbs? It seems strange that LMT would do that...

It was new, manufactured in November 2010, I bought it in early December. The 140 inch lbs of torque is how LMT ships them and recommends re-torquing them when removed.

I checked the torque wrench they supply with the rifle and it's broken!!!! I set it at it's lowest setting while clamped down in my vice and I couldn't get it to break at any setting!!! 140 inch lbs is alot and apparently I applied more than that. The first bolt went in fine, gave in at 140 but the second didn't and it seems the wrench is shot after one torquing..

In the end this is a very easy fix and LMT has the bolt I need on their site for $11. I'll be bringing a torque wrench home form work to re torque them when I get the replacement..

LMT got back to me yesterday via email to confirm the screw in question which I confirmed. I then let the Gentleman know that the torque wrench that was sent with the gun was good for ONE torquing and is broken. He has overnight shipped me two new bolts and a torque wrench free of charge. Some of the best customer service I've seen so not only their AR's top notch so is their customer service..

If I didn't work 11hrs yesterday I would have my parts today..

Good to hear Dave!

It's nice to hear that their customer service is as top notch as their products.

The Colt M4 with EOtech 517 and 3x Magnifier, LMT butt, TROY Rail, ERGO grip and Magpul Ambi Bolt release/lock.

Love this one too. Between the SCAR, LMT and this one it's hard to pick a favorite but the SCAR is on top..

That's definitely quite a trio Dave. I'm in the middle of another buikd right now. Can't wait to post up some pics when I get it finished...

^^I'm sure that will be another beauty!!!!

The "Trio" is a set I'll never, ever part with. All 3 are unique yet similar and fun to shoot in their own way. I must say, a good day at the range with some fun toys is the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!! :)

Had some fun out at a buddy's farm yesterday. We started with some long distance shootn' at 400 yards, set up some run n gun courses, and then headed down to the river for some fun shootn' floats. Took an assortment of my gear...

Was an incredible day!

Well here she is, build #2 is now complete...

Since this build is for my Pop I went with a more classic A2 configuration on the upper. I still need to get his name engraved on the carry handle, but other than that it's good to go. It might be a while before I have a chance to fly out and present it to him, but I'm really lookin forward to seeing the look on his face.

Here's a pic of it with mine...

That came out great! I bet your Dad is going to be super surprised and happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back