• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: My SCAR is in

cockedandlocked said:
Sick man, what the hell do you do for a living that you get some many guns. You seriouls post a new gun almost every day lol.

I run a medium sized electrical company, shop foreman. I get all the scrap from the demo on jobs and what not. For the past 4-5 months we have been renovating a huge factory and my company gets all the scrap copper and at $3 a pound for bare copper it adds up quick. I always turn over the majority of it to the owner I keep my share. One run to the scrap yard last week netted us $18,000 :shock: I keep a few grand and give the owner the rest. My take home is pretty good too soo that may help explain my buying spree which is about over..

I also traded in my Black ACR on this one..

Dude, that's awesome!

With all the global copper shortages you're sitting on a gold mine! .......or copper mine I guess.......

Congrats on the SCAR Dave! It's a beautiful machine isn't it!?!

Dave,

Did you have any issues fitting the Ergo? The pistol grips I use on my other ARs wont fit my SCAR without some modification.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Dave,

Did you have any issues fitting the Ergo? The pistol grips I use on my other ARs wont fit my SCAR without some modification.

No problem at all, a little tight but it pushed on with no problem..

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Dude, that's awesome!

With all the global copper shortages you're sitting on a gold mine! .......or copper mine I guess.......

Congrats on the SCAR Dave! It's a beautiful machine isn't it!?!

Thanks LAZY, yes it is one helluva well built machine and will have a range report on Saturday hopefully. My buddy, Chris at the shop put it together and bore sighted it and guaranteed me hitting the metal gong at 200 yards with it. I'm sure it'll take some effort and sighting but it should be good to go!!!

That is a beautiful SCAR! Congratulations on another fine purchase.

Re: AR Photo Thread

Nothing as fancy as a SCAR here - my RRA Elite midlength:

What it looked like when I got it:

AR-15oncarpet.jpg

With a few changes:

AR-15fullyoutfitted.jpg

With my Ruger 10/22:

AR-15Ruger10-22withTapcostock.jpg

Got out with it this afternoon and it was sweet. I dialed it in dead nuts at 50 yards and then let my Son have fun with it there while I blasted some slugs with my 930. Then we switched and my son put about 40-50 slugs through it and man he was lovin it!! I bought some of the Black targets that turn Yellow when you hit'em and man he nailed some nice shots out about 40 yards.

Word of caution for SCAR owners that plan on using pmags. The pmag in stock form will ruin your bolt because a small piece needs to be dremeled from the back left side of the mag. If the mag isn't altered the stock mag will push the bolt hold open lever up slightly and ruin your bolt ever time it fires and hits that lever. I modded all my Black pmags last night and a couple hundred rounds through it today and all is fine.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIFuVd7-HFs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Yeah, I just saw the issue on the FN forum and was about to msg you, haha. I've already modified my mags and they work just fine now. What a disaster for someone who didn't know!

Another afternoon at the range with the SCAR and she is dialed in @ 100 yards nicely. I kept two of the targets I destroyed and this sitting at the bench but supporting the SCAR myself and not slow fire either.

A few of the guys from the gun shop where there also and I let them try her out and 3 of these guys are Iraq war vets and they where lovin the feel and couldn't believe how accurate I have with just two trips to the range.

Then I pulled out the PTR91 and handed it to one of my Iraq war buddies and let him take the first shots with it. Straight off he was nailing the gong @ 200 yards and man that is another beautiful shooting rifle. We had alot of fun with it. Then it was the Saiga 12 again and that one is always a big hit. Also got to shoot my buddies pristine Mosin sniper, OMG what a smooth shootin accurate baby she was and alot of fun to shoot.

:?: Very curious,

So now that you've shot them both, how would you compare the ACR and the SCAR in terms of feel, handling, and performance? Do you have a favorite between the two or is it too early to tell?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
:?: Very curious,

So now that you've shot them both, how would you compare the ACR and the SCAR in terms of feel, handling, and performance? Do you have a favorite between the two or is it too early to tell?

Definitely too early to tell. The SCAR "Seems" to stay on target a bit better I just need to start paying closer attention to details. The last time I had my ACR out it shot as good as the SCAR did this past saturday and I was real happy with it so right now they are both very accurate and fun, I need to slow down a bit and enjoy them and stop using my range time as therapy!!! :)

Out at the range right now. This is the first opportunity I've had to let the SCAR eat. MAN I love this thing. It's silly accurate and the recoil/muzzle flip is virtually non-existent. My muzzle brake is makin me pretty unpopular with everyone though. The thing is LOUD!!!

I'll post some pics later today...

Pic from the range...

Zeroed the irons and the Eotech and was dead on @ 50yds. Then moved out a bit and put in some work...

Here's the first group @ 100 yds...

...and the best 100 yd group out of the 500 rounds I sent down range...

This thing is an absolute dream to shoot! I was extremely impressed with the trigger. Light, short, smoothe, and I could feel the reset after every round. I wish I'd had the time to put more than 500 rounds down range this morning, but it was a good start to the day. Can't wait to get back out with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back