• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this make the system less reliable in any way. How does this effect the recoil of the rifle ? Just asking questions out loud.

personally I think the volume of ammo tells that tail. The AR buffer system has no angles so has to have less moving parts.
If the buffer system is similar to a 930 then I wouldn't care to have it over a traditional AR.
Might be awesome for a shotgun but your not likely to put nearly as many rounds through a shotgun as you are an AR,
exception being someone in competitive clay shooting or something and if people who buy this rifle shoot only on a blue moon which is likely since a lot of people only shoot that often......more likely to shoot more pictures on the internet then shoot rounds through their rifle

how do you have your M&P set up. ive got one also. post up some pics.

My m and p 15 sport was a random purchase due to finding one new for 6 bills, it is in stock form with the exception of a aimpoint knockoff red dot and a sling. Have put 600 rounds down her, and she has been flawless. I am a Lever gun guy and in my collection the m and p and my 930 spx are my only black guns. I am happy with my m and p for the price point, and she is only used for paper or possible civil unrest when this country finally goes completely to poop thanks to the liberal bastards, REED, Boxer, POLOSI, Feinstein, and don't forget OBAMA.
Cheers Gentleman.

My M&P 15 OR

kodmp15rail_zpsa9293cc3.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Yea it was a good time, nice to get out and do some shooting as its been a while for me.

Agreed!

Helped a buddy assemble his lower the other night. His first one. He gets the upper in on Monday most likely. I'll snap a pic next time I'm over there for a visit.

Really getting the itch to snag myself one of those Spikes Honey Badger lowers and just shelve it for a rainy day. Might even finally get around to having a trust drafted up and SBR it. I really want a .300 blk setup one day. Long term goal would be to have a can for it one day as well.

I want to venture into other calibers as well. A buddy bought a 450 Bushmaster upper that he is planning to deer hunt with this year. Shoots lights out according to him. I am considering a 6.8 for deer in KY and a 450 or 458 for deer in Indiana.

Buddy called and said his upper was in. So I came over to see the finished product.

I think his build is going to serve him well. He went with the CMC trigger. Rated at 3.5 lbs. Damn it breaks really sweet. Although a touch too light for my tastes in a SHTF gun but each to his or her own. On a bench gun setup for long range precision work that would be ideal. Palmetto upper with the double chromed FN machine gun steel barrel. He liked that mine was the same but opted for the 16in middy to avoid the hassle of pin and welding a muzzle. All around his favorite video game franchise Resident Evil inspired Umbrella Corp lower. He wanted it and actively searched for months to finally track one down. That's the beauty of cooking up your own build. Getting exactly what you wanted. He's such a fanboy of that video game series that it didn't surprise me one bit why he had to have that specific lower.

A range trip is definitely around the corner. He plans to add an optic at some point and probably get that BCM med charging handle. For all practical purposes histurned out extremely similar to my latest build with the only real main differences being the CMC trigger pack and being a 16 middy instead of my 14.7 carbine length barrel. Looking forward to putting our hard work to good usage.

Last edited:
The CMC is actually a better combat trigger than a target trigger.
I actually don't really care for it when grouping, a nice two stage is way better. The CMC is designed to be more of a 3 gun type trigger.
After you put about a couple hundred rounds through it doesn't feel touchy at all. Its short reset allows very fast follow up shots, utilizing the reset the trigger is quite fast but you need a comp to really bring it together

For all practical purposes his turned out extremely similar to my latest build with the only real main differences being the CMC trigger pack and being a 16 middy instead of my 14.7 carbine length barrel.

practically
speaking his is softer shooting, faster shooting, more precision-ish, packs more FPS , hits harder at longer distance.....if practical purposes means they look the same then yes, they are extremely similar

That's the beauty of cooking up your own build .
you guys threw a cartridge trigger group into a lower, installed a buffer, put in a couple detents, a roll pin, a grip, bought an upper ... that's not a "build" :D, just giving you a hard time.

Last edited:
You forgot to mention we had to turn a wrench on the castle nut. ;) Lol. Speaking of a comp he is already itching to use that part of the wrench and was talking ditching the birdcage for something else. I guess you won't give us any cred for a build till a barrel nut's been turned?

No worries. I know your just kidding around. Hey I was just there to offer assistance if he got snagged. He slapped it all together himself.

right on dude, finally someone who understands my since of humor......hope you guys get maximum enjoyment out of your rifles

I guess you won't give us any cred for a build till a barrel nut's been turned?.
hell no.
You get 45 out of 100 points for building the lowers, 5 point penalty for taking the easy way with the CMC, however you retained 5 points for the trigger install in your own lower so it could have been worse
properly install and torque barrel, install handguard, line up and secure the gas block, pin the gas tube, time muzzle device and fire a respectable group at 50 yards without killing everyone watching with shrapnel that used to be a PSA CHF 1:7 5.56 NATO Chamber Double Chrome Lined Barrel, ....then and only then I will acknowledge you built something.

Last edited:

Took my friend's new AR out for a test drive yesterday. She worked perfectly.

John I was commenting on Oli's comment. I took it he wasn't a fan of the PSA barrel based on his previous comments. Then again he might have been just joking around. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back