• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's how these guys currently sit after adding the Alpha rail to the Spikes build and swapping the lights...

33c3bcb7e81c81f94c09ea2aab35bc4b_zps3893111c.jpg

dbeba0818889d6cc6b7f771b96147a65_zpsb513c395.jpg

My middy grew a little bit! :D

New in gov't surplus packaging Imperial M-7 bayonette for $44.44 inc. S/H off Debay. It was "dry" out of package but a little bit of oil and it was perfect! :) NEW, even though almost 41 years old! :) No "scabbard wear" many have but also NO scabbard, not that I need one... I made a temporary transport container as shown... :p And another reason I got a mid-length gas AR...

bayo1.jpg bayo2.jpg bayo3.jpg

Last edited:
My middy grew a little bit! :D

New in gov't surplus packaging Imperial M-7 bayonette for $44.44 inc. S/H off Debay. It was "dry" out of package but a little bit of oil and it was perfect! :) NEW, even though almost 41 years old! :) No "scabbard wear" many have but also NO scabbard, not that I need one... I made a temporary transport container as shown... :p And another reason I got a mid-length gas AR...

View attachment 6840 View attachment 6841 View attachment 6842

Now THAT is an evil black rifle! :mad:

I like it...

I have been thinking for the last several days and with the prices of the Anderson lowers and AR parts in general lately, I think I'm going to start another AR build while the getting is good. This time for nothing more than a budget range beater. Something just plain jane KISS.

I've been seeing the Anderson Arms lowers online for between $40 and $50 a piece and a local FFL has one in the case for $50 out the door, which is as reasonable as I could expect.

I built the lightweight coyote popper back late last winter from an Anderson lower and for the price, I have been impressed and simply do not see the need to buy a more expensive one just for the rollmark.

Looking around online for parts, I think I'm going with a PSA midlength upper and magpul LPK. That should make it a pretty soft shooting gun for the recoil sensitive and the younger shooters that often accompany me.

I would normally piece out everything and build the entire thing myself, but at less than $450 to build the whole thing, I don't think I could build it myself any cheaper. And PSA has been proving to make a decent upper in their own right, so I'm going to see how this goes.

Naturally, it may take a while before the complete upper and LPK gets here. Their website said to expect 10-15 days shipping delay, but I'm in no big hurry anyway.

I also decided that I wanted to use an A2 full length stock on this build to make it even softer shooting. Plus, to be honest, I like the full size stock anyway.

andersonarmsstrippedlower001_zpsbe4e5a57.jpg

High shelf
andersonarmsstrippedlower002_zpseaf441fc.jpg

andersonarmsstrippedlower003_zpsbc341d56.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back