• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR TIME!!

Saltmarsh, I understand what you mean.

The gun business can be very enjoyable and I miss some of the people too.

And you can work on any weapon without a license, though you can't keep any of them overnight, and in the case of Title II, the owner will have to be present while you're working on it and technically, remain in possession of it.

But between being an 03 Dealer and 07 manufacturer, it costs the same, so I can certainly see your point about going all the way.

Battle Arms ambi safety with interchangeable levers (diff thickness and sizes) and stainless detent, plus they threw in a buncha swag with it which was cool
badassambisafety.jpg

havent milled out the quentin lower yet, hopefully get to it this early next week
stockandgrip.jpg

thanks! more parts en route...think about all i've got left at this point, parts needed wise, is to order my upper and pick which iron sights i want, optics will come at a later date when i know more about them and what i want.

upper is going to be an adams arms basic 16" mid length piston...
5.56, m4 ramps, 1:7 twist, melonited barrel, gas piston
unless you guys have heard some bad stuff about that company. i haven't and i love the simplicity of their piston system

anyone have some iron sights they really like? flip up rear preferred...kinda leaning towards the gg&g setup at the moment...the front has to be 1931 mount to fit the upper, kinda prefer a fixed front cuz i think they look cooler

I'll add a disclaimer to begin with that says as long as the iron sights do their job, that's all that matters.

With that said, I like Midwest Industries flip up sights.

Arms 40L are also very nice, but more expensive.

Magpul MBUS is plastic

UTG is aluminum and have several different models to choose from.

Even a detachable carryhandle works, although many do not think they pass the coolness factor.

yea those MI look nice...definitely may go with those thanks! also i kinda like the daniel defense fixed front sight but right now am still undecided for the front fixed vs folding

I've heard good things about LWRC skirmish sights. Cool rear aperture system, and fold down to a very low profile.

Not sure on the price point, not do I have personal experience. I'm just talkin hear say...

moreparts.jpg

BCM gunfighter charging handle
KNS gen 2 anti rotation pins
Magpul ASAP sling mount
engraved dust cover "Veritas Aequitas" (truth and justice)

Ooooooooooooooooh, you're gonna live that ASAP! I have one on my carbine and it's great!

should be milling my quentin lower tomorrow!! and possibly anodizing this thurs...

so the upper is on the way as well as my lame bullet button to be CA legal...and troy iron sights...fixed front and flip rear. so everything is either here or in the mail on the way...with any luck i'll be pushin some rounds through by next weekend!! so stoked for my pile of awesome parts to all of a sudden turn into a vicious rifle

I'm glad that things are nearing completion.

I know how fun it is to see everything finally taking shape and I'm excited to see it. Best of luck on milling. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing pics when you're finished.

alright...just waiting for fedex to get here with my upper today!!!

unanolower.jpg

lower isnt anodized yet, we should be doing that next week so i didnt bother installing the stuff i dont need to pump a couple rounds through...no bolt catch or safety are installed right now, just got it ready to make sure everything works first so i'm taking her out to the field tomorrow to put some rounds through and maybe zero in my troy battlesights
troybattlesights.jpg

once the anodizing is done i'll put on all the fancy stuff i got like the charging handle, sling mount etc...right now its just barebones what it needs to fire and make sure it all works

thanks LES

ran outta patience and decided to install the charging handle and my ejection cover (which is a pain in the butt cuz of that super small c clip)

veritasaequitas.jpg

Back