• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Battle Rattle

I have a black sheath that I have been wanting to paint. Good to know!

I have the Rip Away EMT pouch on the way and I think I'll been done with that rig.
I'll get some pics up soon.

I haven't went shooting with it yet but here is how I have it set up. Might change it depending how it feels, we will see.

The A-TACS FG and the Multicam aren't a perfect match but doesn't look bad in person.
Once I get out into the woods, I'll take some photos to see how well it works together.

atyjery9.jpg

Photo left to right
•Gadget pouch, holds my ears. I'll also set it up with a small survival kit.
•24 Shell holder
•Kangaroo pouch. Running the Esstac 7 round cards. 3rd slot I'm going to get a different color card and load it with slugs. 00 Buck in the other 2
•Roll up utility pouch (bottom right). Using it as a dump pouch. In a survival type of situation, I can use it to gather small twigs, edibles etc.

ysynumu5.jpg

EMT pouch will go on the back.

I don't have any "real gear" to compare the Voodoo and Condor stuff with but It seems well made. I have found a few loose threads here and there. I'm guessing it will hold up over time with what I plan to use it for.

I think the multicam and A-tacks work well together personally. Is your vest just for shotgun ?

Yep shotgun for now. (Hoping to have my pistol soon)
I threw in a couple mags in the Kangaroo pouch just to play around. I'm saving that empty space for a holster.

How does the positioning if your magazines effect your reload time? Or have you consistently trained to that configuration.

When I was given a layout for my rig for work, I was told to do what I wanted, so long as I hold an IFAK on my left hip and six magazines. I spent a year in Afghanistan perfecting it. By the time I was done I had a drop leg for M4 mags on my left leg, mags on my back, rigged upside down and canted toward the front for easy release and use. But I HAD to keep those mags low because the angle was so awkward when it was high. Even now, after years of practice since, my mags have to stop just above my naval.

How do those ergonomics work for you?

Me ?

if me
it works fine but I haven’t been in a battle with it. I practice with steel gongs scattered from 50 to 200 yards and barriers, like the 9 hole style barriers.
I load 5 rounds a mag and shoot them all out. I do it 3 times a month , I probably shoot a good 5 times a month probably 5-600 rounds between 223 , 9mm and 10mm……all I can manage in time and money but still I shoot more than most gun owners, by far. I don’t seem to fumble around with it or anything, never timed myself but it’s faster than pockets.
It’s nice loading from it when your sitting or laying on your side, crawling with it kind sucks, doable but it pokes out there
I don’t carry near the gear you did either so I feel pretty mobile with it, easy to run to cover still, or just plain skin the hell out
I have been practicing shooting while running to cover, tough to do accurate. I can lead good, been killing animals most my life so I got that down but the up and down of running is killer, end up in a speedy shuffle, I can hit that way, but I imagine if you’re getting shot at you want to haul ass.
I tried a drop leg holster for a couple sessions, hated it. Couldn’t stand running with it, and it covered my pockets, I love pockets.
I like the chest rig probably because I wear something similar at work, but a Bendex King and gps instead of ammo so my left arm knows the move well. I also have carried a lot of heavy things for long distance in my profession so I also value mobility being in the Cascade Range, it’s paramount.
Speaking of hiking mountains, it’s nice and cool. It heats up a little square on my chest, much nicer than a vest for that. Not strolling along but hiking, steady.
It works for me, for minuteman bag purposes….. If I live through 6 mags and one in the rifle I will feel fortunate and probably hide….then I am sure I will get hungry after that lol

Last edited:
Running and gunning is not easy. The best way for me is to come to a high crouch and walk. I'm not sure how to describe it other than that.

Running requires both feet off the ground at once. The key to keeping a steady upper body when running is to not run at all but to "walk" very quickly. If I have to move so quickly that a full run is necessary, I won't try to gun.

If it comes down to it I'll get down and return fire, take cover or start crawling, but otherwise having buddy fire is a huge benefit.

My experience isn't so great, however, that these options have not been sufficient.

Any thoughts?

yvyvetez.jpg

One of my pups wanted me to post this for him. He got a new rig.
Outward Hound Backpack :p

I'm going to give it a camo job. It will be his responsibility to carry water and food for all the dogs. I found some really cool stuff on the web but it came with a big price tag.

:)

Back