• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Beretta

Thanks Oli. i appreciate it.

It's been carried and used, but is in really good shape functionally.

I don't sweat a little holster wear and stuff because I use my tools, but this gun is in very good shape function wise and that's what I look for.

On a slightly different subject, he carried the middle holster through a tour in Baghdad with his issued M9 because he didn't like the thigh holster he was issued. He let me have it with the gun since he no longer needed it.

I won't gaurantee it on a public forum obviously, but one of those mags may have been there and done that too. ;)

berettacenturion008_zpsa31f7b76.jpg

That's an exceptional piece John.

A straight dust cover is rare medicine, and it's a Centurion too! Very cool. The history behind it is even better...

John A. said:
It's smooth as butter. I don't hesitate to acknowlege the smoothest semi-auto I own.

What'd I tell ya!?

Shoots like the slide's on bearings...

Very nice, John. I picked up a set of Hogue rubber grips for my 92SBC. Parts and accessories for it are heard to come by so I'm glad I found these...

Re: Donnie D's New toy-Beretta U22 Neos

Nice review and nice shooting.

I gave you a thumbs up (StalkingGame on YT)

Thanks guys. I think it's gonna be a pretty good target gun for me. I ordered a Vortex Sparc red dot for it yesterday, but it looks like it will be on backorer for a few days.
And, thanks for the thumbs up Mike.
Donnie D

Any Beretta 92/M9 owners here?

Just curious if any of you fellas own a Beretta 92 or M9 around here?

I've been made aware of an M9 at a pawn shop for a decent price. I've kinda always wanted one but never really researched much into them to be honest. I know some folks are gonna knock it and thats ok, don't hesitate to gimme the good, bad, and everything in between. I do like the milspec aspect of it.

Since the Mossberg 500/590 series are essentially cousins of the US issue 590A1 having a 92 or M9 around my place would make perfect sense right to go alongside my 500s? :D lol. See how easy it is to convince yourself. Asking a bunch of gun folk don't help either haha. I like that he said its an actual M9, not a 92. As I understand it the M9 commercial model is for all practical purposes exactly like the one thats issued. I think of it like buying a commercial 590A1. Exactly the same as whats issued, just never intended for gov't consumption.

I don't really need it but damn I'd like to have one. Any thoughts you all can provide would be most appreciated. As always with anything used gotta know what potentially to look for in case its a dog and theres a reason why its priced well under what they normally go for. Really thinking of making the drive across town to go take a look at it

Thanks in advance for any response.
J

Re: Any Beretta 92/M9 owners here?

@gunny...... Nice looking piece. I've never really been interested in a 1911 but thanks for sharing.

@John......... Yes I've always wanted one and its been at least 5 years probably longer that I've been saying one day I just need to do it and be done with it. If I go over to take a look at this M9 I'm afraid it won't stay there.

Doing a bit of google searching earlier I came across a few Beretta specific forums with some good stickies primed with information. I think I have a good idea now of what to look for when looking at one in the future. One had some great pictures of the locking block and slide areas known to develop cracks. Although they say its usually a mighty high round count when these failures occur. When buying a used firearm you never know how much mileage is on the odomoter so its good to know where to look for any potential failures.

Hoping I go over there to see a pristine what appears to be hardly shot firearm and I come with one of these finally at a decent price.

Thanks again guys.

Snipers vertec is one sweet looking pistol....

*pats self on back.

jgwills,

I've got a couple 92 variants: an M9A1, a 92 Vertec, a 92fs Italian Inox, a 92fs Compact Inox, and a 92fs Compact Type M. You can find pics of them a page or two back in this thread. Pay special attention to the 92 Vertec rip mentioned. He made those beautiful custom wood grips for me and from what I remember he said they were VERY easy to make. :D

The 92 platform is notoriously reliable and you won't find a much smoother shoot'n pistol out there. The slide moves like it's on bearings and they are really soft on recoil. I'm not as consistent on target with them as I am with a 1911 or even my Glocks, but they are plenty accurate once I got used to the DA/SA trigger. There is metric $#!+ ton of aftermarket support for the 92 platform, so you won't have any trouble finding parts and accessories. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Just curious, how much are they asking for it?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
You're a funny man oli... :lol:
If it was a 9 or a 380 I wouldn't care but I'm probably going to drop a barrel in it for fun, probably a 4.6" Storm Lake or something , load it with some 220gr hard cast Buffalo Bore and go look for trouble lol.....I am decent with it but after 15 yards I cant shoot the damn thing and really that's all it should do but that 10mm , lets just say am a really trying to get consistent head shots at 50 yards. Should have just got a G20 but what would I conceal carry .....

Back